New castle show Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire to open this summer at the Magic Kingdom

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, April 29. The first "layer" of the new castle stage floor has been installed. The surface is not exactly level, there are seams and bumps. The openings are for electrical connections and the hydraulic lifts.

IMG_7739.JPG

IMG_7740.JPG

Donaldfan1934

Yeah. Considering they have treated Memorial Day as the "start of summer" in recent years, it is infuriating that they can't get a simple stage show, a modest retheme of a boat ride, or new Star Wars fireworks open by then. RoL I get was out of their control.
I'm still hoping for a Frozen soft opening, though.

Donaldfan1934

Photo update as of Friday, April 29. The first "layer" of the new castle stage floor has been installed. The surface is not exactly level, there are seams and bumps. The openings are for electrical connections and the hydraulic lifts.

View attachment 140064

View attachment 140065
Those seems and bumps don't look good. When will TDO learn just to keep these shows simple?

Last edited:

Donaldfan1934

Hoping those are for something else. The arches would be nice in the new wedding garden.

At first I thought you were talking about the arches and lanterns. I love the new lanterns. Close to perfection.
Agreed. I love what they did with the castle walkway overall including those lanterns. I don't know why they changed the railings, however, but its otherwise the most perfect part of the hub expansion.

hpyhnt 1000

View attachment 141456 Looks like the construction walls are down around the castle.
Pic credit: FB

Seriously Disney. Just....leave it like that! So much nicer looking without those stupid gold arches.

Or look at it this way - think of the SAVINGS by NOT installing the arches! Save on installation, save on labor, save on maintenance...it's a win win!

Donaldfan1934

Seriously Disney. Just....leave it like that! So much nicer looking without those stupid gold arches.

Or look at it this way - think of the SAVINGS by NOT installing the arches! Save on installation, save on labor, save on maintenance...it's a win win!
Are you listening TDO? There are plenty of corners you can cut while actually improving the overall experience.

doctornick

I'm surprised they didn't built a new stage in FL as part of the FLE just to help disperse crowds to different areas and to help with guest flow through the hub. I know it's kinda neat to have the castle be a backdrop for a stage show, but just seems like a logistical annoyance relative to other options.

Donaldfan1934

I'm surprised they didn't built a new stage in FL as part of the FLE just to help disperse crowds to different areas and to help with guest flow through the hub. I know it's kinda neat to have the castle be a backdrop for a stage show, but just seems like a logistical annoyance relative to other options.
That would also be a much better alternative to the castle stage at some point. The hubs don't need stage shows.

Cesar R M

Shhh, dont let Chapek hear you.
He might even try to shove Marvel statues to the front of the castle to replace the arches.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom