New Cast Costumes at HWS

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Here is a picture of the new road from Mickey Xtreme.

http://mickeyxtreme.net/blog/new-ae...oy-story-lands-show-first-slink-coaster-track

upload_2017-2-22_19-33-8.png

doctornick

So, there's been talk in other threads that DHS might get "something else" as part of the general build up for WDW's 50th in 2021. We already know about TSL, Star Wars and the Mickey ride which would in theory all be done by the end of 2019.

I'm hopeful that this moving of the costuming might indicate that another attraction could be slated for the Echo Lake area replacing the Indy stunt show. That's really the most logical place for another attraction(s) beyond the planned stuff since they won't get rid of Launch Bay until Star Wars opens. In theory, I could see them close the stunt show and start working on that area for "something" once Toy Story Land opens in 2018 which could lead to an attraction(s) of substance that opens ~2021.

HauntedMansionFLA

So, there's been talk in other threads that DHS might get "something else" as part of the general build up for WDW's 50th in 2021. We already know about TSL, Star Wars and the Mickey ride which would in theory all be done by the end of 2019.

I'm hopeful that this moving of the costuming might indicate that another attraction could be slated for the Echo Lake area replacing the Indy stunt show. That's really the most logical place for another attraction(s) beyond the planned stuff since they won't get rid of Launch Bay until Star Wars opens. In theory, I could see them close the stunt show and start working on that area for "something" once Toy Story Land opens in 2018 which could lead to an attraction(s) of substance that opens ~2021.
There is a new Indiana Jones movie coming out July 19, 2019....... So who knows!

YodaMan

I'd have to agree with that. Any insiders have any info to add on moving Costuming? It seems weird to me to build a new Costuming where they are and when they are. The fact that they're building over the old entrance road means they're not opposed to building into the parking lot. And I'm still not sure how this plays into the new entrance road. And what happens to the old one. And where cast are going to park. And why this is happening now. Sure does seem that they want to be able to get rid of the old Costuming sooner rather than later and possibly build into the Television lot.

doctornick

I'd have to agree with that. Any insiders have any info to add on moving Costuming? It seems weird to me to build a new Costuming where they are and when they are. The fact that they're building over the old entrance road means they're not opposed to building into the parking lot. And I'm still not sure how this plays into the new entrance road. And what happens to the old one. And where cast are going to park. And why this is happening now. Sure does seem that they want to be able to get rid of the old Costuming sooner rather than later and possibly build into the Television lot.

Well, I think that might be jumping to conclusions a bit -- even though the change in location isn't huge, the motivation for moving the costuming building could easily be just to make it closer and sensible in relation to new CM parking. Specifically, there's a good chance that CMs are being moved over to the space along the current toll plaza road for their parking and the Television lot might simply be re-designated for guests. If that is where CM parking goes longer term, then the new costuming building location enables them to walk from parking directly into that building to get their outfits.

That said, it's certainly possible that this is a "two birds with one stone" thing and that the old building will be going away in order to use that space for other purposes.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Well, I think that might be jumping to conclusions a bit -- even though the change in location isn't huge, the motivation for moving the costuming building could easily be just to make it closer and sensible in relation to new CM parking. Specifically, there's a good chance that CMs are being moved over to the space along the current toll plaza road for their parking and the Television lot might simply be re-designated for guests. If that is where CM parking goes longer term, then the new costuming building location enables them to walk from parking directly into that building to get their outfits.

That said, it's certainly possible that this is a "two birds with one stone" thing and that the old building will be going away in order to use that space for other purposes.

It's also possible that they will need a larger building.

DHSCM

probably the most likely answer. DHS costuming was easily one of the smallest costuming they had MK was huge obviously and Epcot was also very back DAK surpsingly not the biggest but still bigger then DHS. with adding SWL and TSL most CM so more costumes probably the most logical answer to be honest.

Next Big Thing

probably the most likely answer. DHS costuming was easily one of the smallest costuming they had MK was huge obviously and Epcot was also very back DAK surpsingly not the biggest but still bigger then DHS. with adding SWL and TSL most CM so more costumes probably the most logical answer to be honest.
I agree with this analysis, but...

They are moving the building instead of simply expanding. I know the CM parking is likely to go in this area, but they could've added a simple side gate for CMs that then lead over the Costuming. I've worked there before and the walk from that side to where the current building is would be less of a walk than from parts of the CM MK Parking lot to get to their costuming.

So.... my point is, something may not be imminent, but they are likely thinking of the future with this move, knowing that the building would need to be noved someday anyway if they ever want to build on that land.

roj2323

That's very likely. The Costuming building was kinda maxed out even 2 years ago. Whenever a special costume would come in (the sweaters for frozen summer fun is a good example) they would have to shuffle costumes around to make room as there really wasn't extra space.

YodaMan

I'd still like to hear from an insider. We've seen sketch layouts of the new lands and discussions about "ifs" when it comes to expansions and updates. Seems odd that none of them would have mentioned a new costuming building being built where it's currently going.

mm121

whatever happened to the plans to move cast parking over to the west side of world drive just north of the new fireworks launch?

rebuilding the costuming building must mean that those plans were abandoned

Next Big Thing

I'd still like to hear from an insider. We've seen sketch layouts of the new lands and discussions about "ifs" when it comes to expansions and updates. Seems odd that none of them would have mentioned a new costuming building being built where it's currently going.
I feel like moving a costume building is pretty low on things that insiders like @marni1971 @MansionButler84 and others would know of.

roj2323

I feel like moving a costume building is pretty low on things that insiders like @marni1971 @MansionButler84 and others would know of.

Well we knew cast parking was being relocated so it's not much of a stretch to think costuming would move along with it. That said I hadn't heard a thing about it being relocated so it obviously came as a little bit of a surprise more so for the location rather than the move.

Next Big Thing

Well we knew cast parking was being relocated so it's not much of a stretch to think costuming would move along with it. That said I hadn't heard a thing about it being relocated so it obviously came as a little bit of a surprise more so for the location rather than the move.
The location surprises me very little since we know CM parking is going over there. Just sort of makes sense.

Of course, they could've just expanded the current building as i've said, so I feel that, at least in a small form, they're thinking ahead by moving the building.

doctornick

whatever happened to the plans to move cast parking over to the west side of world drive just north of the new fireworks launch?

rebuilding the costuming building must mean that those plans were abandoned

I don't think that was ever any sort of "confirmed plans" just one option that may have been under consideration. I don't recall any insider (or certainly any official source) stating that such parking plans was going to happen.

It seems like Disney decided to pave the area on the other side of the toll plaza as the option for new/expanded CM parking. There's a certain logic to doing so as it is adjacent to DHS (or it will be once the guest parking entry is changed) as opposed to be across a busy street. In terms of forward thinking, this still allows the old Television lot to be used to expand the park boundaries if they feel it is needed in the future.

Next Big Thing

I don't think that was ever any sort of "confirmed plans" just one option that may have been under consideration. I don't recall any insider (or certainly any official source) stating that such parking plans was going to happen.

It seems like Disney decided to pave the area on the other side of the toll plaza as the option for new/expanded CM parking. There's a certain logic to doing so as it is adjacent to DHS (or it will be once the guest parking entry is changed) as opposed to be across a busy street. In terms of forward thinking, this still allows the old Television lot to be used to expand the park boundaries if they feel it is needed in the future.
It's far more logical than putting cast across the street (which was much more expensive, involving garage's and a bridge to cross the street)...for now.

If they ever see fit to expand boundaries into the new cast parking area though, then it's a much more logical time to uproot things across the street.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom