New Cast Costumes at HWS

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Behind Indiana Jones next to the Parade Warehouse

I know some work has been going on in that area. Might be related to the new parking lot that is being built.

upload_2017-2-16_11-49-3.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member

roj2323

Ok so this tells me the new parking south of the entry road is confirmed to be the new cast parking.

Time will tell as to what they actually intend to do with the current cast entrance/costuming building but surprisingly I hadn't even heard rumors of this project so it I'm totally in the dark.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Ok so this tells me the new parking south of the entry road is confirmed to be the new cast parking.

Time will tell as to what they actually intend to do with the current cast entrance/costuming building but surprisingly I hadn't even heard rumors of this project so it I'm totally in the dark.

Makes sense to have the cast parking further away from the entrance, and with the entrance road going away they will be able to create a path to a backstage entrance. Re-reading the original article it says the costuming is moving, but I jumped to the possibly incorrect assumption that the existing building would be removed. They may be doing this just to provide a larger space.

mm121

I would guess moving costumes, and destroying the parade building are associated with the parking lot expansion.

weren't there some drawings showing a new branch of the parking tram leading to the new parking area? possibly going through where these buildings are located

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I would guess moving costumes, and destroying the parade building are associated with the parking lot expansion.

weren't there some drawings showing a new branch of the parking tram leading to the new parking area?

Removal of either of these buildings is just speculation at this point.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Start up the rumors that the Indiana Jones Stunt Show will be closing (It was on the chopping block a little while back) So much happening this week, nothing is going to surprise me.
Well since you mentioned it... There would be room in that corner area for a ride without getting rid of the Stunt Show. Backlot express would have to go and the other building too

Wegerter

What makes us so sure that they will tear the old building down? I could see them simply moving it to convenience CM's coming from the new parking lot.

Next Big Thing

What makes us so sure that they will tear the old building down? I could see them simply moving it to convenience CM's coming from the new parking lot.
There's only one cast costuming at parks that employ far more CMs (MK, Epcot), I don't see why there would need to be two at DHS (even after expansion) when it's easier to centralize it and have everyone enter at the same place.

Next Big Thing

It's very possible it won't be torn down, just re-purposed.
I'm sure they could keep it, but thinking logically through what the park's future may hold, it makes little to no sense to keep the building long term.

That area of the park is rumored to be one of the next areas that is eyed for a big change. Moving this building to me suggests they are simply prepping for the day that Disney finally green lights a project for that area. Less backstage buildings to have to move when the time comes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom