New Be Our Guest lunch line procedure (Test?)

hopemax

When we ate dinner there during the CM previews, the Rose Gallery was where they stored all the carts that they use to deliver the lunches. And I think they had the extra stuff for resetting the tables in there. I don't remember them bringing out dinner on the carts, but carried by servers. They did bring a dessert cart around. But since it was in previews I don't know it that is still standard procedure or not.

cw1982

When we ate dinner there during the CM previews, the Rose Gallery was where they stored all the carts that they use to deliver the lunches. And I think they had the extra stuff for resetting the tables in there. I don't remember them bringing out dinner on the carts, but carried by servers. They did bring a dessert cart around. But since it was in previews I don't know it that is still standard procedure or not.

Like I said earlier, all three rooms are open at dinner.

YankeeMouse

Where r u getting this info that the new procedure ends sept 27? I haven't heard anything about it ending.
Don't know whether not it does. All I know is, I can access it up to and including 09/27 but not thereafter, even though my resort reservation goes beyond and and I am an AP holder.

FigmentFreak

Don't know whether not it does. All I know is, I can access it up to and including 09/27 but not thereafter, even though my resort reservation goes beyond and and I am an AP holder.

I've got a FP+ for lunch at BOG on Oct 1st. I'm an AP holder and I have reservation on-site.

YankeeMouse

I'm still stuck with nothing after Sept 27 although I have a resort reservation through October 1 as well as have annual passes. Ideas?

tribbleorlfl

Last year at Tortuga tavern for the holidays they have a buffet set up with pirate of the Carribean characters! Why can't they do that all year long???
Mostly because this was a Contemporary Catering deal. Most of the food was prepped over there and transported over to the MK. I seriously doubt the Tortuga kitchen has the necessary size, equipment and layout to support a full-time TS operation. Would require a substantial refit.

Also, the fireplace in Tortuga is one of the more popular Sorcerer's portals. I'm thinking they'd have to relocate the portal if Tortuga were to become a TS location.

stevehousse

They only give you access to 7 days at a time. Once you get there, the rest of the days will open up one at a time.
You beat me to it! I I figured their vacation might be a longer one! Yes the system does only give u a 1 week access. You should be able to access the last few days of your trip a few days after u have been there. :)

dadddio

Oh, and again....put some more food at Gaston's! I only ever went in there to see the decor, no interest in wasting my time for a lamb shank. Sheesh! Two really cool themed places from Beauty and the Beast and the Powers That BE can't make them work? really?
It's a pig's leg, not a sheep's leg, but your point is a good one. In my opinion, all they would have to do to make that a good lunch spot is add fries to the menu and have additional seating.

JordanKing

This is the most recent thread for this subject I could find here. Does anyone know the current procedure for the Be Our Guest lunch? I wanted to try to go there with a friend on Feb 5th. Are they still giving out return time papers or is it all electronic online? I'm not staying on site and from what I've researched, you can't make a lunch reservation unless you are staying onsite. Is everyone staying offsite just out of luck?

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
This is the most recent thread for this subject I could find here. Does anyone know the current procedure for the Be Our Guest lunch? I wanted to try to go there with a friend on Feb 5th. Are they still giving out return time papers or is it all electronic online? I'm not staying on site and from what I've researched, you can't make a lunch reservation unless you are staying onsite. Is everyone staying offsite just out of luck?
We were in the park yesterday. Guests were lining up in the bridge right around 10 a.m. waiting to be admitted at 10:30. It looked like a standby line to me, as no one held return tickets and there was no signage indicating that BOG was full, like we have seen in the past.

We have a fastpass for lunch tomorrow, so will find out exactly what the current procedure is for you.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

We were there a couple of weeks ago and didn't see the sign at the Bridge regarding the return tickets, so perhaps they've discontinued that procedure, thankfully.

As has been mentioned several times, the Fast pass for BOG lunch is not part of the rides fast pass system. If you are staying onsite, you will receive an email invite about 30 days before your check-in date. The website is separate from the regular Disney website and you need your resort reservation number to create your login. However, once you create your login, you won't need the resort reservation number for future visits to WDW with an onsite stay. So it appears for the time being that the fast pass option is only available to resort guests. And that they've gone back to the old standby - we were there around 1pm and if they had the return tickets, the sign stating no time available would have been out, as it was in the past.

Hope this clarifies tthings for you.

DWLove

Despite the site saying that lunch fast pass will end February 24th, you can still at least try and book past then. I just went on and tried to book for March 9th and it allowed me to choose that date, just with no fast passes available (Which I am not surprise at seeing as it is only 37 days out)

BrianV

Given how vehemently people on this site hated the lunch fast pass for resort guests only, I expect that people will love this change. However, if it just moves to the regular dining ADR system, it will be just as unattainable to non resort guests as it will book up 180+10 days in advance with fewer walk-ins available.

I love disney, but in my mind the way dining at disney is handled is their major issue. Fast pass or ADR, they each force you to plan dining far in advance, and ADRS require you to bet money on where you'll eat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom