Need help choosing a resort for our WDW Honeymoon

Mrhappyplace

I think it depends on how/where you want to spend your honeymoon. If you want to watch the wildlife then go with AKL, If you want to spend the most time in MK go with Wilderness Lodge, if you want to eat & drink around the world showcase Beach Club is the best option. Personally I'd say do a split stay between BC & WL but I know split stays aren't for everyone.

lostpro9het

I'm biased but with good reason. AKL without question. IMO, AKL has the best theming, great food options, and great pools. Oh yeah, there are some animals there too .... ;-) . If you took AKL out of the equation then I'd pick BCV for it's proximity to TWO parks and some of the best dining in the bubble outside of AKL.

Philo

If you wind up staying at AKL, I'm not 100% sure a savannah view is necessary. How often will you really be ejoying the view from your balcony on your honeymoon??? (bowm chicka chicka bowm chicka chicka beee boooooowwwwwm).

We had a Savannah view on our honeymoon and loved it. It's probably the only time we've ordered breakfast to our room so we could sit and look out whilst eating. However, it wasn't like we were getting giraffes walking right past the window or anything. If I were to go again, I'd probably look to go for another Savannah view, but wouldn't be that disappointed if we couldn't get it (or if it was prohibitively expensive). You can see the Savannah at various points around the hotel anyway so you're not really missing out!

WLBound

We honeymooned at the Wilderness Lodge and have stayed there every time since on our visits to WDW. We had a Courtyard room so we had a great view of the pool and Bay Lake (and probably the geyser too if we had been at the room when it went off). I remember spending one night watching the Electric Water Pageant from the balcony. The last two trips we booked a dinner at Jiko so we were able to enjoy the lobby and savannah at AKL. Maybe you two could do the same...stay at one hotel and have a dinner at one of the others so that way you get the best of both.

tpoly88

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if you wonderful group of people would be able to help me. My self and my partner are getting married this year and we are going to have our honeymoon in 2017 to help us save a bit more to give us the trip of our dreams.

This will be the 5th time that I have stayed at a WDW resort and have previously stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian Village and Saratoga Springs but it is the first time my wife to be will have stayed onsite.

We are trying to decide which resort to stay at and we have narrowed it down to three.

1 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Though we would want a Savannah View Room if we stayed here)

2 - Wilderness Lodge

&

3 - Beach Club

Would love peoples opinions on the three to maybe give us a little nudge in to the direction we could go.

Thank you all and look forward to hearing peoples views :)

tpoly88

I have stayed at all of the deluxe hotels, not sure what you want to spend. we stayed in the honeymoon suites at the WL and Poly. the one at the WL is in the club and has a king bed (at the time no other kings in entire WL but that might have changed) the food at the club is real good at WL. The Poly had a great great room and was pretty big but you mentioned that you stayed there already. The Boardwalk has the cottages that were real neat but you had to walk into the main hotel and up the top floor for the club. Yacht Club is my favorite and the club level has turret rooms that are big and window all around on the top floor. the suites are on the lower levels. AKL is great but i do like to be in a place i can walk to things so i have not stayed there in a while, although they have the best food (you can tell i like to eat). Your other option is to get a villa at one of the properties and do as others suggested that you split time between a couple resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom