NASCAR 2014

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I missed another good race, apparently. I'm writing down on my calendar the dates for the final 2 eliminator round races, and the championship race (Nov. 2, Texas; Nov. 9, Phoenix; and, Nov.15, Homestead). All on ESPN. We're getting close; can't afford to miss any of these!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Qualifying Leaderboard for tomorrow's race at the AAA Texas 500, at Texas Motor Speedway:

1. Matt Kenseth
2. Jeff Gordon
3. Jimmie Johnson
4. Kurt Busch
5. Kevin Harvick

Should be a good race!! :joyfull:

MOXOMUMD

Original Poster
What another all out brawl. Kinda expected that out of Jeff Gordon. (Okay I was screaming "Kick his butt Jeff!" :angelic:) I didn't see Kevin Harvick push Brad Keselowski from behind. Makes me wonder if Jeff wouldn't have gotten ahold of Brad, would Kevin have?

artvandelay

What another all out brawl. Kinda expected that out of Jeff Gordon. (Okay I was screaming "Kick his butt Jeff!" :angelic:) I didn't see Kevin Harvick push Brad Keselowski from behind. Makes me wonder if Jeff wouldn't have gotten ahold of Brad, would Kevin have?
Tough day for the 24. He was driving away for the win with 5 to go and then BAAM! I don't blame Kesolowski with going for the win, but attempting that move on that track is very difficult.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
What a race yesterday. I was glad to see the 48 pull off the win for Hendrick Motorsports--especially after what happened to the 24.

Good race, also, for Kevin Harvick coming in 2nd.

As for the infamous "brawl" afterwards, that was sickening and disappointing. Unless Nascar steps in and mediates the disagreement between Brad and Jeff, I suspect those two drivers may take it out on each other on the track, during the upcoming races. As a fan of the 24, I want to see Jeff approach these final races with a clear head, and a focus on driving the best he can.

Interesting post-race interview on ESPN with Ricky Craven and Jimmie Johnson, about the incident between Brad and Jeff. Ricky pointed out two distinctly different methods of racing between the 24 and the 2. My impression of his comments, along with Jimmie's, was that Brad's (win at all costs, no matter how you do it) approach in yesterday's race bordered on the unethical, and may come back to bite him in the remaining races.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

I did see Kevin Harvick push Brad.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
What a race yesterday. I was glad to see the 48 pull off the win for Hendrick Motorsports--especially after what happened to the 24.

Good race, also, for Kevin Harvick coming in 2nd.

As for the infamous "brawl" afterwards, that was sickening and disappointing. Unless Nascar steps in and mediates the disagreement between Brad and Jeff, I suspect those two drivers may take it out on each other on the track, during the upcoming races. As a fan of the 24, I want to see Jeff approach these final races with a clear head, and a focus on driving the best he can.

Interesting post-race interview on ESPN with Ricky Craven and Jimmie Johnson, about the incident between Brad and Jeff. Ricky pointed out two distinctly different methods of racing between the 24 and the 2. My impression of his comments, along with Jimmie's, was that Brad's (win at all costs, no matter how you do it) approach in yesterday's race bordered on the unethical, and may come back to bite him in the remaining races.

It isn't the first time that Brad has had altercations with other drivers (just in this chase alone).Personally i think he needs to re-think his driving standards as he is going to cause something bad down the road for someone else.His run at Daytona (i think) when he was 6 laps down was just plain stupid and could have had worse results than it did.
Only time will tell if he will change but if he doesn't i can't see him winning many more championships as the other drivers will self police on the track.You don't see JJ making all or nothing moves like that and he has 6 under his belt.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
If he can squeeze through i predict Kevin Harvick to win the whole thing .. With Tony winning the last race of the season.

I really like Kevin Harvick, but I'm still leaning slightly more toward Jeff Gordon for the Sprint Cup. I'd be happy with either one, if it came down to that. You may be right about Smoke; perhaps he'll win the final race.

wdwfan4ver

Brad's moves does have an explanation most of the time in terms of aggressiveness because I've seen his style of racing in before. In racing, Brad looked up to Dale Earnhardt Sr. and Ayrton Senna. I am not that familar with Senna, but I know he was an aggressive F1 driver that was a 3 times champ. Brad looked up to those drivers because they were willing to do anything for a win although I think Dale had more range than Brad in terms of ill handling race cars.

The catch with Bard is the fact is also in the Ernie Irvin aka "swervin ervin" mold also. Ernie Irvin in his prime was a very talented driver, but he was so aggressive that other drivers got hurt on the race track including Kyle Petty breaking his leg. Rest of the drivers on the track in the early 90's didn't like him on the race track and he actually apologized to his competitors during a driver's meeting and actually turned down his racing style some.

Dale Earnhardt Sr. was known the most ruthless driver on a NASCAR Track ever. Some long time NASCAR fans even called Dale Sr. the dirtiest NASCAR driver of all time. Dale actually did great things off the race track that wasn't reported to the media because Earnhardt didn't want the media to report on his good deeds liking doing stuff unannounced since Dale was marketing off his intimidator and Man in black marketing image.

Dale Earnhardt Sr. on the track was not a clean driver and isn't always known as a smart points racer and is why Dale won 7 championships, not 8. Dale was not afraid of wrecking for trying to win. Brad is in Dale Earnhardt Sr. was in the 1980's, but also Brad could be the early Ernie Ervin. Dale Sr. was a smarter driver in the 1990's and won 4 championships from 1990 to 1994, but he still was capable of wrecking drivers for a win. Dale Sr. was a driver that you love or hate because of his racing still. His racing still to me is best described as a take no prisoners attitude that is willing to do anything for a win including wrecking his own mom.

Dale Sr. back in the 1980's actually took himself and Darrell Waltrip out of the race for the lead at the 1st Richmond race of 1986 and Darrell was intermediated by Dale on the track after that. Dale Sr. in the 1980's did moves like caused Dale to get into the grass in the 1987 all-Star with Bill Elliott, but still won the race. Dale Sr. was known to cut drivers off while in the lead and it did cost him the 1989 championship as a result. Dale did a lot of crazy moves in his time, but he made them stick.

Darrell Waltrip once said Dale had the best car control he ever seen, but he also said Dale had so much talent he didn't have to race as dirty as he did. Darrell Waltrip saying that is a big deal because Darrell was a very aggressive at his peak as a driver, but was a much better driver at qualifying. Dale was a driver that loved to race cars so loose that no driver can handle Dale's race Set up except for maybe Kyle Larson.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Brad's moves does have an explanation most of the time in terms of aggressiveness because I've seen his style of racing in before. In racing, Brad looked up to Dale Earnhardt Sr. and Ayrton Senna. I am not that familar with Senna, but I know he was an aggressive F1 driver that was a 3 times champ. Brad looked up to those drivers because they were willing to do anything for a win although I think Dale had more range than Brad in terms of ill handling race cars.

The catch with Bard is the fact is also in the Ernie Irvin aka "swervin ervin" mold also. Ernie Irvin in his prime was a very talented driver, but he was so aggressive that other drivers got hurt on the race track including Kyle Petty breaking his leg. Rest of the drivers on the track in the early 90's didn't like him on the race track and he actually apologized to his competitors during a driver's meeting and actually turned down his racing style some.

Dale Earnhardt Sr. was known the most ruthless driver on a NASCAR Track ever. Some long time NASCAR fans even called Dale Sr. the dirtiest NASCAR driver of all time. Dale actually did great things off the race track that wasn't reported to the media because Earnhardt didn't want the media to report on his good deeds liking doing stuff unannounced since Dale was marketing off his intimidator and Man in black marketing image.

Dale Earnhardt Sr. on the track was not a clean driver and isn't always known as a smart points racer and is why Dale won 7 championships, not 8. Dale was not afraid of wrecking for trying to win. Brad is in Dale Earnhardt Sr. was in the 1980's, but also Brad could be the early Ernie Ervin. Dale Sr. was a smarter driver in the 1990's and won 4 championships from 1990 to 1994, but he still was capable of wrecking drivers for a win. Dale Sr. was a driver that you love or hate because of his racing still. His racing still to me is best described as a take no prisoners attitude that is willing to do anything for a win including wrecking his own mom.

Dale Sr. back in the 1980's actually took himself and Darrell Waltrip out of the race for the lead at the 1st Richmond race of 1986 and Darrell was intermediated by Dale on the track after that. Dale Sr. in the 1980's did moves like caused Dale to get into the grass in the 1987 all-Star with Bill Elliott, but still won the race. Dale Sr. was known to cut drivers off while in the lead and it did cost him the 1989 championship as a result. Dale did a lot of crazy moves in his time, but he made them stick.

Darrell Waltrip once said Dale had the best car control he ever seen, but he also said Dale had so much talent he didn't have to race as dirty as he did. Darrell Waltrip saying that is a big deal because Darrell was a very aggressive at his peak as a driver, but was a much better driver at qualifying. Dale was a driver that loved to race cars so loose that no driver can handle Dale's race Set up except for maybe Kyle Larson.

Never one to disappoint, once again, you've provided some clear, in-depth background information on the sport. That was fascinating, and thank you for sharing. (I think you would have made a good school teacher, by the way.) :)

If your assumption about Brad is correct, and his aggressive driving style is modeled after Dale, Sr., I still can't support his move yesterday on the track. The way that race in Texas turned out was disturbing, to say the least.

I also felt bad for Jimmie Johnson, who won the race, only to have his victory sidelined by the post-race brawl.

I somewhat feel like there were no winners yesterday . . . :(

MOXOMUMD

Original Poster

And look what happened....just sayin'. Yes there have been better safety measures put in place everywhere they could but I would not want another driver dying or, heaven forbid, taking another driver's life because of such wreckless behavior on the track.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom