Name A Ride that replaced old one and was better

_caleb

One really can't urinate on something that no longer exists. The concept of Edutainment, in its purist sense has not existed for over two decades.
@Goofyernmost, what do you mean "Edutainment" no longer exists? Do you mean at all, or in Disney parks, or in Epcot?

Animal Kingdom seems to do a solid job of raising awareness through immersion and interactivity. Many zoos, museums, and interpretive centers around the world have adopted Edutainment as the model for making learning attractive and engaging.

Goofyernmost

@Goofyernmost, what do you mean "Edutainment" no longer exists? Do you mean at all, or in Disney parks, or in Epcot?

Animal Kingdom seems to do a solid job of raising awareness through immersion and interactivity. Many zoos, museums, and interpretive centers around the world have adopted Edutainment as the model for making learning attractive and engaging.
I mean as an overall theme, that was EPCOT Ctr. Of course there are still many attractions that can currently pull that off, but, it is no longer the ultimate goal. Pure entertainment is what is demanded now from the public and since it is the public that is paying the bills, they will be rightfully catered too. Pure entertainment/edutainment defines DAK, but, done in a way that unlike EPCOT is not cramming it down ones throat. As soon as people realize that is what they are doing, that will be pushed away as well. Case in point... Pandora! A great show, but, pure fantasy entertainment. Certain amounts of theming are automatically educational, but, only to support the theme.

KimAnnFran

Dreamflight had some charm, but Buzz is definitely more fun and has built-in reridability due to the gaming element.

Nostalgia aside, Pooh is a better ride than Toad, and has a much better queue.

Frozen is a marginal upgrade to Maelstrom, though utterly unnecessary and thematically inappropriate.

Hello,I haven't posted in a while.

To me, none of the above are improvements, especially not Frozen, sine Maelstrom was one of my faves.

KimAnnFran

Mission Space and Test Track are both miles ahead of and far superior to Horizons and World of Motion. Imagination is so much superior to the old one with Dreamfinder and Figment.
A root canal is much better than a boring "no cavities" trip to the dentist.

My Goodness! I ADORED HORIZONS and WORLD OF MOTION! Horizons can never be replaced for me. The Dreamfinder and Figment Imagination was my fave; also Captain EO. Go ahead, throw Dole Pineapple at me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom