Name A Ride that replaced old one and was better

Bairstow

Dreamflight had some charm, but Buzz is definitely more fun and has built-in reridability due to the gaming element.

Nostalgia aside, Pooh is a better ride than Toad, and has a much better queue.

Frozen is a marginal upgrade to Maelstrom, though utterly unnecessary and thematically inappropriate.

correcaminos

Mission Space and Test Track are both miles ahead of and far superior to Horizons and World of Motion. Imagination is so much superior to the old one with Dreamfinder and Figment.
A root canal is much better than a boring "no cavities" trip to the dentist.
Maybe you like the ride better, but the Imageworks was significantly better than whatever they have now. I also don't think Mission Space is that awesome.

Pooh is better than Mr. Toad though.

Buzz is better than any of the rides they had there previously.

Star Tours updates were better than the original.

epcotisbest

Maybe you like the ride better, but the Imageworks was significantly better than whatever they have now. I also don't think Mission Space is that awesome.

Pooh is better than Mr. Toad though.

Buzz is better than any of the rides they had there previously.

Star Tours updates were better than the original.

sarcasm.jpg

Bender123

Dreamflight had some charm, but Buzz is definitely more fun and has built-in reridability due to the gaming element.

Frozen is a marginal upgrade to Maelstrom, though utterly unnecessary and thematically inappropriate.

I hate to admit it, but, yes, Frozen is a better experience than Maelstrom was...I still say "You are not the first to pass this way...", I have fond memories of Maelstrom all the way back to a few weeks after it opened and I even sat through the movie...once...

Frozen is just a great ride. The AAs are better, the visuals are better and the story is better. Frozen is marginally "Norway" in design, but its a better ride. The mini north sea, Christmas light magic on the ceiling and polar bears that barely moved were just not compelling anymore.

There...I said it...I hate Frozen. I hate the movie and I hate that I have to say its better than Maelstrom.

Bairstow

I'll say it. Frozen is miles better than Maelstrom. Maelstrom was terrible. It was boring and everyone hated it until it was going away and people decided it was cool to complain about things for nostalgia's sake.

I don't remember people disliking Maelstrom, though I do remember that it was rare to find a queue of less than 20 minutes to ride it, except during Illuminations. I was surprised that Disney chose to remodel an attraction that continued to be so popular.

graphite1326

I agree on all three points you made.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom