MyMagic+ test starting today (Aug 2) allowing more FastPass+ selections at the Magic Kingdom

bubbles1812

While I definitely think more FP are needed for the MK, if this continues, I can see it backfiring a bit. If the average guest sees 4 vs 3 for all the other parks, they could assume all the other parks are a lesser experience, or at least that they are getting "more" at the MK. This could funnel even more people into the MK at the expense of the other parks. Better to just up it to 4 universally.

WDWYankee15

While I definitely think more FP are needed for the MK, if this continues, I can see it backfiring a bit. If the average guest sees 4 vs 3 for all the other parks, they could assume all the other parks are a lesser experience, or at least that they are getting "more" at the MK. This could funnel even more people into the MK at the expense of the other parks. Better to just up it to 4 universally.

As of now MK has more Fasspass+ options then the other 3 parks. Also, it doesn't initially give you 4 Fasspass+'s at MK. You can still only select 3 and then when you go to select the time windows a 4th ("Bonus Fasspass" shows up. My family is part of the testing and for each of the days I booked at MK the "Bonus" was always Pirates. However, after you select your times, you can then go in and "modify" your experience and select a different attraction. So essentially it is 4 for MK but you need to do a little work it get what you want.

rodmansju

does anyone know if anyone buying their passes @ check in is ever included in this? we are @ BLT in 2 weeks, but we buy our passes when we check in.

still hoping theres a slim chance we get included in the test, but not holding my breath.

then again, i also assume they include BLT with the Contemporary....but i could be wrong there.

WDWYankee15

As of now MK has more Fasspass+ options then the other 3 parks. Also, it doesn't initially give you 4 Fasspass+'s at MK. You can still only select 3 and then when you go to select the time windows a 4th ("Bonus Fasspass" shows up. My family is part of the testing and for each of the days I booked at MK the "Bonus" was always Pirates. However, after you select your times, you can then go in and "modify" your experience and select a different attraction. So essentially it is 4 for MK but you need to do a little work it get what you want.

For those interested, here is the list of Fastpass+ Attractions for the August Testing that came up when my family was booking ours for the last two weeks of August (NOTE: EDITED to include Fantasmic!, Illuminations, Wishes, CDCTP and MSEP on weekends. Also I italicized what appears to be new for this round of testing:

Disney's Animal Kingdom (9 Attractions)
Adventurers Outpost meet and greet
Dinosaur
Expedition Everest
Festival of the Lion King
Finding Nemo: The Musical
It's Tough to be a Bug
Kali River Rapids
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Primeval Whirl

Disney's Hollywood Studios (13 Attractions)
Beatuy & the Beast - Live on Stage
Disney Junior Live on Stage
EDIT: Fantasmic! (Fri, Sat, & Sunday)
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
Muppet Vision 3D
Rock n Roller Coaster
Star Tours
The American Idol Experience
The Great Movie Ride
Toy Story Mania
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Epcot (12 Attractions)
Captain EO
Character Spot
Journey Into Imagination with Figment
EDIT: Illuminations: Reflections of Earth (Fri, Sat, & Sunday)
Living with the Land
Maelstrom
Mission: SPACE
Soarin’
Spaceship Earth
Test Track
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Turtle Talk with CRUSH

Magic Kingdom (26 Attractions)
"it's a small world"
EDIT: Be Our Guest Restaurant (Counter-service meal/Lunch)
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
EDIT: Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade (Fri, Sat, & Sunday)
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Haunted Mansion
Jungle Cruise
Mad Tea Party
EDIT: Main Street Electrical Light Parade (Fri, Sat, & Sunday)
Meet Ariel at her Grotto
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Peter Pan's Flight
Pirates of the Caribbean
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
The Barnstormer
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Tomorrowland Speedway
Town Square Theater Mickey Mouse
Town Square Theater Princesses
Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid
EDIT: Wishes (Fri, Sat, & Sunday)

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
For those interested, here is the list of Fastpass+ Attractions for the August Testing that came up when my family was booking ours for the last two weeks of August (NOTE: I did not see anything for Illuminations, Wishes, CDCTP or MSEP. Also I italicized what appears to be new for this round of testing:

Disney's Animal Kingdom (9 Attractions)
Adventurers Outpost meet and greet
Dinosaur
Expedition Everest
Festival of the Lion King
Finding Nemo: The Musical
It's Tough to be a Bug
Kali River Rapids
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Primeval Whirl

Disney's Hollywood Studios (12 Attractions)
Beatuy & the Beast - Live on Stage
Disney Junior Live on Stage
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
Muppet Vision 3D
Rock n Roller Coaster
Star Tours
The American Idol Experience
The Great Movie Ride
Toy Story Mania
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Epcot (11 Attractions)
Captain EO
Character Spot
Journey Into Imagination with Figment
Living with the Land
Maelstrom
Mission: SPACE
Soarin’
Spaceship Earth
Test Track
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Turtle Talk with CRUSH

Magic Kingdom (22 Attractions)
"it's a small world"
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Haunted Mansion
Jungle Cruise
Mad Tea Party
Meet Ariel at her Grotto

Mickey's PhilharMagic
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Peter Pan's Flight
Pirates of the Caribbean
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
The Barnstormer
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Tomorrowland Speedway
Town Square Theater Mickey Mouse
Town Square Theater Princesses
Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid
The parades and fireworks are only available on weekends - so that might be why you didn't see it.

Keys Please

Why would anyone even need a FP for Wishes or Illuminations? Is it for a preferred viewing area? How can you have a FP for something for which there is no line?

Becky

The parades and fireworks are only available on weekends - so that might be why you didn't see it.

Does that include Fantasmic which we could not get?
By the way we signed up for the test on the evening of July 31st and got our Magic Bands this morning. :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Does that include Fantasmic which we could not get?
By the way we signed up for the test on the evening of July 31st and got our Magic Bands this morning. :)
Yes Fantasmic is being offered on FP+ on Fri, Sat and Sun during the test.

cba

When I booked mine for my trip this Monday, I booked three for Magic Kingdom and there was a special "bonus", which for both times I reserved the Fastpass+ was Pirates of the Caribbean. @wdwmagic If I booked right now for MK would I have chosen the fourth Fastpass+ or would Disney have chosen for me like how I got it?

WDWYankee15

When I booked mine for my trip this Monday, I booked three for Magic Kingdom and there was a special "bonus", which for both times I reserved the Fastpass+ was Pirates of the Caribbean. @wdwmagic If I booked right now for MK would I have chosen the fourth Fastpass+ or would Disney have chosen for me like how I got it?

You can go back in and select the Fasspass+ for Pirates and then hit the Modify Experience and pick a different activity. I think it defaults to Pirates because it is a popular attraction, can handle a decent capacitym and doesn't currently have standard Fasspass. This way they can put more people through it and most will be happy with their "bonus." But with a little extra effort you can use it for something else of your choosing.

Good luck and enjoy the trip

WDWYankee15

Just recieved the e-mail official inviting my family to participate in the testing. The text can be found below for those interest and have not yet seen this elsewhere.

Hello XXXXX Family,

As an upcoming Disney Resort hotel Guest, you could help us test a new way to experience Walt Disney World Resort before we share it with the rest of the world. It's a new collection of magical tools we're calling MyMagic+.

Since MyMagic+ is still being developed, we're offering this opportunity for some Guests, like you, to test it out during your upcoming visit and tell us what you think works and where we need to improve. But don't worry, if you decide not to participate in this test, you will still enjoy a great Walt Disney World visit.
As a tester, you get to try our NEW MagicBand.
This cool and colorful wristband is an all-in-one accessory that connects you to all of the selections you've made. You can use the MagicBand to:
And, test our new FastPass+ service to reserve access to select attractions and shows before you leave home.
Disney FASTPASS® Service has always been a great way to enjoy Walt Disney World attractions with little or no wait. During this test, with the NEW Disney FastPass+ service** you can reserve access to select attractions and shows in advance (valid Theme Park admission required).
If you would like to participate in the MyMagic+ test,
simply visit MyDisneyExperience.com and complete the
steps below by August 9, 2013.
image_swap

image_swap
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Step 1
Sign In or Register on MyDisneyExperience.com
This digital guide to the magic allows you to request MagicBands and select times to visit FastPass+ experiences. Plus, you can make dining reservations, enjoy itinerary tools and explore Park maps all in one easy place.
image_swap

Step 2
Link Your Reservation
To unlock the many benefits of MyMagic+, link your reservation now. Once you're signed in, click on "Link Existing Reservations and Tickets" to link your Resort reservation. Your reservation confirmation number is xxxxxxxx.
You'll need to verify the names of everyone on this reservation during this step. If you need to make any modifications to this reservation, we recommend you call us before you link your reservation.
If you have a room and ticket package, your tickets will be included when you link your Disney Resort reservation and you can skip Step 3.
image_swap

Step 3
Link Your Walt Disney World Ticket or Pass
To unlock your access to Disney FastPass+ service, you'll need to link a ticket or Pass for each member of your travel party age three (3) or older. From the "Link Existing Reservations and Tickets" page, click on "Ticket or Pass" and follow the on-screen steps.
image_swap

Step 4
Customize your MagicBands by August 9, 2013
From the My Disney Experience home page, choose "Personalize MagicBands" to select MagicBands for your travel party. You'll also need to confirm your address by August 9, 2013 to have your MagicBands shipped to your home.

Your privacy is important to us. Please visit MyDisneyExperience.com/privacy for information about privacy and data collection policies including your option to select an RF card.
image_swap

Step 5
Select Your FastPass+ Experiences
If you are planning to visit the Theme Parks during this test, Disney FastPass+ service lets you make multiple FastPass+ selections for select attractions and shows in one Park per day, for each day you have a valid Theme Park ticket. Simply choose "Make FastPass+ Selections" from the My Disney Experience home page**.
image_swap
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Need help? For questions, please call 407-939-7849 between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. ET.
image_swap

image_swap

*Credit card must be presented at Resort hotel check-in for purchases with MagicBand. Purchases are charged to your Disney Resort hotel account.

**FastPass+ experiences, the number of selections you can make and arrival windows are limited.

This invitation is sent to you based on your arrival date and Disney Resort hotel. It is nontransferable and void if sold.

Based on your participation in this test, you will be asked for feedback on your planning and vacation experiences from Walt Disney World Research.

©Disney
image_swap

image_swap
image_swap
spacer.gif

sense.aspx

olinecoach61

Looking at the list, there are quite a few experiences that I would never use a fast pass on - Disney jr, muppets, small world, maelstrom. Could this be an advantage for us veterans?

Jeffxz

Is the 4th MK FP+ only available in august? I'm part of the test over labor day weekend, aug 31 - sept 2. When I scheduled the MK for Sun Sept 1, I was only offered 3 choices and wasn't assigned a bonus.

I did notice that starting Sept 1 that most parks are offering less options for FP+. For example on Sept 1 DHS only offers 4 options: RnR, TSM, ToT, and Star Wars.

Also of note to Passholders should be that if you are in this test, you can continue to reserve FP+ after your resort stay ends up until Sept 28th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom