My Rocket Fueled, Tornado Driven, Totally Unexpected Trip Report

Our Story begins on or around the weekend of April 23, when I mention to my husband that I would totally be interested in taking the kids down to see the shuttle launch on April 29 (at least I think it was scheduled for April 29th at that time - either way, the second to last shuttle launch.) My husband places a call to friends to get tickets onto Kennedy SC - the response is, jokingly, "Waiting until the last minute are we? Let me look into it and I'll call you back." We go about our busy lives, not really thinking anything about it. After all, if we get the tickets, great. If we don't, we won't have to worry about ballet recital rehersal, baseball games, school absence, etc.

Fast forward to Wednesday, April 27 - in which, my home state of Alabama undergoes a Torndado Emergency. We were woken up at 5:59 am to our weather radio warning us of (the first of many) a tornado in our county. 4 tornadoes pass within miles of our house that day. We watch helplessly as one by one, cities and towns filled with friends and loved ones are obliterated by tornadoes. We are in our storm shelter from roughly 1pm (after seeking shelter at my son's school from 11 am to 12:30) to around midnight. Our power goes out at around 4:30.

We emerge at midnight to find there has been ZERO damage to our home and neighborhood. But all 4 of us lay in our bed in the darkness listening with headphones (so as not to wake the kids) to the local radio stations as they begin to receive damage reports. Northern parts of our county - Gone. Whole towns in counties south of us - Gone. Already 4 people dead in our county. A friend whose husband is in law enforcement in a neighboring county texts me and asks me to pray for her husband who is helping to load 20 bodies found in a field, into emergency response vehicles. He has told his wife he is already breaking down - this from a man who many days never even calls home until way after the scary parts of his job are done. I frantically text, call and Facebook all of our friends in affected areas. Miraculously, no one we know was killed and very few were hurt! Praise God!!!!! Finally, around 2 am, my husband and I turn off the radio and go to sleep.

We wake up at 5:45 to my dad calling my cell phone. My dad works for our local utility company. He tells us the power situation is bad - possibly 10 days with no power. He suggests that we get out of town and take my mom with us (my mom later decides to head to the beach with my sister rather than to Cape Canaveral with us.) In shock, not knowing what was going on really, we pack, load up the truck, the dog, the cat. There are rumors more severe storms will hit over the weekend (thankfully, those predictions were untrue!!!) We clean out our fridge and freezer completely - no power for 10 days = no good for cold foods! We give our neighbors who have decided to stay everything we can - our weather radio, battery powered radios, extra propane tanks for the grill, keys to the house, etc.

We hit the road not knowing where we are headed. The sky was eerily blue:

DSC_0006.jpg

At this point we weren't even sure which roads were clear. We drove about 70 miles before finding a gas station with power. The lines were miles long:

DSC_0008.jpg

We decide to head south towards my in laws vacation condo in Sarasota. We call my inlaws and leave a message at their home in Chicago, to let them know we are headed that way. At almost the same moment we passed through Ringold, GA:

Damage in Ringold:
IMG_0830.jpg

We got 2 phone calls. One from my inlaws telling us there was already someone staying in the condo for the weekend. :eek: And one from our friend telling us he had secured us VIP seating tickets to the shuttle launch. We headed toward Cape Canaveral, calling a million hotels to see if we could find a place to stay.

erstwo

Original Poster
No luck. Everything in the vicinity of the launch is booked solid. Even as guests of Marshall SFC, there is nothing available to us. We turn our focus toward Orlando.

Damage in Forsyth, GA - I believe this was the "Tuscaloosa Tornado":

IMG_0837.jpg

At this point, we still have the pets with us, so we book a room at a LaQuinta near Universal (all the pet friendly hotels closer to Cape Canaveral were also booked.) We call Disney's kennel to see about boarding the dog and cat while we are at the launch. They inform us we will need the pet's shot records. FACE PALM! :( Even if we could get ahold of our vet, there is NO POWER and no way for our vet to get to our computerized records. Since we will be arriving in Orlando around 11pm, we look up and call a vet in Macon, GA to see if he can administer the needed shots. When we arrive at the vet, they are so kind and welcoming and offer to board our pets. We were a little worried about leaving our pets so far from home, normally they never leave our house - we just hire a pet sitter. But we toured their facilities and were satisfied they would be well cared for there in Macon. It was also supposed to be raining for about the last 3 hours of our trip. We had no room inside the truck for the pets and we didn't want them to get wet. So, in the end, I think we made the right decision! They were happy pets when we picked them up! It was just hard being away from them!

We finally arrived in Orlando around midnight (after driving through the predicted 3 hours of rain) and unload into the La Quinta. The La Quinta was a little shabby, but sufficiently clean for this germaphobe. I would stay there again if I needed to!

Very blurry photo of La Quinta room (it was LATE!):

IMG_0838.jpg

We woke up WAAAAAYYYYY to early, but we had to be at Cape Canaveral by 10 am. No way we were missing that bus to Kennedy! I turned on the TV to keep the kids happy while we were showering/ dressing and GUESS WHAT??? They Royal Wedding was on! In all the craziness, we had totally forgotten. I was a little sad remembering the fun party I had planned with friends, but at this point, we already knew there were much more important things in life than a wedding a million miles away. There was more than one time that morning that I broke down in tears over the devestation we were seeing on the news and Facebook. It was and still is awful.

We were not impressed with the breakfast at the La Quinta and the 10 tables they had available were covered with teenages, so we headed through the drive through of that giant Mc Donalds (can't remember it's location? but it is HUGE!) and then on to the Cape!

Up Next:
Failure to Launch AND We finally get to the Disney part of this!!! :D

erstwo

Original Poster
We had to meet at a hotel in Cape Canaveral and then we were bussed in to the Space Center via an Air Force Base.

The two things on my mind that morning:

DSC_0011.jpg

Not happy about sharing a chair:

DSC_0016.jpg

Still waiting:

DSC_0020.jpg

Lots of bling:

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

Finally on the bus. Lots of people lined up to see the launch. They said they expected 750,000 that day.

DSC_0030.jpg

We passed lots of ordinary, unmarked buildings on the way into the Space Center via the Air Force base. Our guide from Kennedy was very informative, but most of what she said sounded like a different language to me! :lol:

I did recognize this building:

DSC_0045.jpg

Our guide said it is so big & tall that they joke that it should have it's own weather report! She said that water can actually condense and it will actually 'rain' inside there! Amazing! She also said the doors had not been fully rolled up since the Apollo days - I can't imagine anything bigger than a space shuttle can you?!

Finally at the viewing site:

DSC_0035.jpg

erstwo

Original Poster
The first thing they told us to do when we got off the bus was have our picture taken with the countdown clock. They had a professional photographer there with us, but we won't receive the photo until after the launch.

IMG_0840.jpg

The next thing they told us to do was to get some food and find a seat. We got our food and were about to sit down when the news came over the speaker system: Problem with an external heater. Launch canceled for at least 48 hours. :(

Most of our group was attending a pre launch briefing (already underway), so the hubby, kids and I hung out in the Saturn building until they were finished. We were literally the last bus to leave, which actually ended up being kind of fun, because we got to see the President arrive!

When we turned onto the road, it was blocked off by a bunch of black cars/ SUV's with Maryland tags. We knew that meant this is was where the President was supposed to come or where he was actually coming (we weren't sure if he would show now that the launch was scrubbed.) Soon enough 4 helicopters landed to our right. 2 larger ones like this and 2 smaller blue ones:

IMG_0841.jpg

He got out of his helicopter with his family and into his motorcade just beyond those trees. That was pretty cool. Closest I have ever been to a President!

During the bus trip home, it never occurred to us to try to make a reservation nearby. Mistake! Once again everything was booked! We told the lady in charge that we planned to return on Monday to see the rescheduled launch (still no power at home.) and set off back towards Orlando calling different places to find availability.

At the time, we really didn't want to go to Disney. We weren't in a very 'Disney' mood. I was still crying at the drop of a hat. We felt so guilty for being on vacation when people had lost their homes, their jobs, their families! Our kids however were feeling none of that (as they should.) And we were looking for something that would be safe and fun and have a nice pool for the kids. We considered the Nick Hotel, but had heard mixed reviews.

Finally, we decided that our best bet would be Disney. So we called up and sure enough, we were able to book Carribean Beach at a wonderful rate. Everyone was so kind and helpful and understanding!

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

erstwo

Original Poster
When we checked in, we told them we weren't sure how long we would be staying. My husband's parents condo would be free either Tuesday or Wednesday, but we were ready to get home and start helping with the clean up as soon as the shuttle launch was over.

They upgraded us to a Pirate Room! Which was so kind, and was really an amazing room. I can see why Disney is adding more 'themed' rooms. They are fantastic!

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

So many cool things - like in that barrel behind my daughter is the mini fridge! How neat is that?

sweetpee_1993

First of all, before I get all excited about a TR lemme just say that I am very, very thankful that you and all your loved ones are okay. I have a TON of family spread all over Alabama so I can feel ya. We were also blessed in that none of ours were killed or injured either. One of my cousins who is still a student at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa lost his car (literally...doesn't know where it went) and all his belongings when his apartment was obliterated. Another of my cousins had all the windows in his car blown out but at least he knew where his car was. Several aunts and uncles took shelter and were witness to everything first hand. I'm amazed we were so lucky. Nah. Not luck. Blessed. Definitely a good time to get on your knees.

I can feel you on how engulfing all the devastation truly is. Words can't describe it. Pictures cannot capture it. When it's literally all around you and touching every part of your existance it can totally overwhelm you. I know this. I've never experienced tornados like that but I have experienced the complete obliteration of everything around you from the hurricanes (Ivan @ my parent's house and Katrina & Ike at our homes). I don't know about everyone else but I can honestly say that living that stuff changed me. It's a point of demarkation in time for me. Anything that we talk about or reference in the past, memories, etc. it's always in terms of before or after "the storm". I know, sweetie. I know. I'll be sending all my love & prayers for you to make it thru this difficult, overwhelming time and find peace and comfort with it all. K?

So onto the TR part! I love the picture of your son being unhappy about sharing the chair. That's just freakin' hilarious! I say this because I live this every. day. of. my. life. Love it. And of course your children still rank up there with the most adorable ever. I'm so glad y'all were able to have a little escape...even if the launch was a scrub. I haven't been out to Kennedy in many years. Last trip was a field trip in the 9th grade (a loooooooong time ago..LOL). That place never ceases to amaze me. Love all your pics.

Can't wait for moooooore...of course! :wave:

sweetpee_1993

At the time, we really didn't want to go to Disney. We weren't in a very 'Disney' mood. I was still crying at the drop of a hat. We felt so guilty for being on vacation when people had lost their homes, their jobs, their families! Our kids however were feeling none of that (as they should.) And we were looking for something that would be safe and fun and have a nice pool for the kids. We considered the Nick Hotel, but had heard mixed reviews.

Awww...I know it. Some of our good friends back in Louisiana who are DVC members were on vacation at WDW when the forecast came for Katrina. They knew they'd never have time to get home and get anything out of their home before it hit. Disney was very good to them and they stayed on for a while longer. They talk about watching the news and not watching the news and knowing they had nothing left (which they didn't...their home took water all the way over the roof). They said it was odd being at their favorite place but feeling so numb that it was like they were there but they weren't.

Hey! Ain't it great to score a cool room at a great price, tho?! And all the people being oober-kind to you. That rocks! :wave:

First of all, I just want to say that I am glad you and all of your loved ones were not hurt in those awful storms. Second, your kids are adorable! So cute! I can't wait to read more of your report.

I also know how it feels to be a bit guilty being on vacation while things back home are a mess. We were in Disney when Hurricane Wilma blew through our area. It was not supposed to go that way (that is why we still went on vacation knowing she was out there) at the last minute, she turned, and the worst part of the storm went right over our county. We kept getting calls and texts from friends and family telling us how bad it was, and there was nothing we could do. After it was over, my dad and some of our neighbors went over and began the clean up for us. Thank goodness for that! It was still quite a shock when we finally got home. Disney was great the entire time though, when we needed to stay an extra night, they were very understanding and made accommodations for us.

Again, glad you all are OK! Looking forward to more Disney pics!

disneygirl1

OMG I have chills right now from reading this report! First of all I am SO glad that all out family and friends, as well as you guys are all safe!!!

I can not even imagine what emotions you were feelling and still feeling. my thoughts and prayers are with all effected by these events!

I work with several TV Stations in the Birmingham and Huntsville AL area and today was the 1st day that I was able to communicate with them!

erstwo

Original Poster
First of all, before I get all excited about a TR lemme just say that I am very, very thankful that you and all your loved ones are okay. I have a TON of family spread all over Alabama so I can feel ya. We were also blessed in that none of ours were killed or injured either. One of my cousins who is still a student at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa lost his car (literally...doesn't know where it went) and all his belongings when his apartment was obliterated. Another of my cousins had all the windows in his car blown out but at least he knew where his car was. Several aunts and uncles took shelter and were witness to everything first hand. I'm amazed we were so lucky. Nah. Not luck. Blessed. Definitely a good time to get on your knees.

I can feel you on how engulfing all the devastation truly is. Words can't describe it. Pictures cannot capture it. When it's literally all around you and touching every part of your existance it can totally overwhelm you. I know this. I've never experienced tornados like that but I have experienced the complete obliteration of everything around you from the hurricanes (Ivan @ my parent's house and Katrina & Ike at our homes). I don't know about everyone else but I can honestly say that living that stuff changed me. It's a point of demarkation in time for me. Anything that we talk about or reference in the past, memories, etc. it's always in terms of before or after "the storm". I know, sweetie. I know. I'll be sending all my love & prayers for you to make it thru this difficult, overwhelming time and find peace and comfort with it all. K?

So onto the TR part! I love the picture of your son being unhappy about sharing the chair. That's just freakin' hilarious! I say this because I live this every. day. of. my. life. Love it. And of course your children still rank up there with the most adorable ever. I'm so glad y'all were able to have a little escape...even if the launch was a scrub. I haven't been out to Kennedy in many years. Last trip was a field trip in the 9th grade (a loooooooong time ago..LOL). That place never ceases to amaze me. Love all your pics.

Can't wait for moooooore...of course! :wave:

Awww...I know it. Some of our good friends back in Louisiana who are DVC members were on vacation at WDW when the forecast came for Katrina. They knew they'd never have time to get home and get anything out of their home before it hit. Disney was very good to them and they stayed on for a while longer. They talk about watching the news and not watching the news and knowing they had nothing left (which they didn't...their home took water all the way over the roof). They said it was odd being at their favorite place but feeling so numb that it was like they were there but they weren't.

Hey! Ain't it great to score a cool room at a great price, tho?! And all the people being oober-kind to you. That rocks! :wave:

lost his car (literally...doesn't know where it went) - I would say :lol: but I KNOW he isn't happy about it!! I am so glad he was okay. The pictures I've seen of student housing in or near that tornado will make you want to lock your children into the community college program/ living at home for the rest of their lives! No joke.

I'm glad to know I'm not alone in the 'survivors guilt.' The hubby and I have been going non stop since we got home. I was only able to start this TR today because my youngest had the stomach bug this morning (thank you trip to Disney! :D) Tomorrow, my mom is watching her and I'm headed back with a car full of supplies and volunteering with the cooking for hundreds of people still without power.

First of all, I just want to say that I am glad you and all of your loved ones were not hurt in those awful storms. Second, your kids are adorable! So cute! I can't wait to read more of your report.

I also know how it feels to be a bit guilty being on vacation while things back home are a mess. We were in Disney when Hurricane Wilma blew through our area. It was not supposed to go that way (that is why we still went on vacation knowing she was out there) at the last minute, she turned, and the worst part of the storm went right over our county. We kept getting calls and texts from friends and family telling us how bad it was, and there was nothing we could do. After it was over, my dad and some of our neighbors went over and began the clean up for us. Thank goodness for that! It was still quite a shock when we finally got home. Disney was great the entire time though, when we needed to stay an extra night, they were very understanding and made accommodations for us.

Again, glad you all are OK! Looking forward to more Disney pics!

Thank you! For all of your sweet comments! Glad to know we aren't the first people in this weird situation! Somehow I think it would have been worse to be in your shoes - at least we knew where we stood property wise when we left!

OMG I have chills right now from reading this report! First of all I am SO glad that all out family and friends, as well as you guys are all safe!!!

I can not even imagine what emotions you were feelling and still feeling. my thoughts and prayers are with all effected by these events!

I work with several TV Stations in the Birmingham and Huntsville AL area and today was the 1st day that I was able to communicate with them!

Thank you!!! Those prayers are much needed. So many of these tornadoes hit rural areas - they are still finding people who haven't received any help at all, because no one knew they were there/ their house was blown off the face of the earth. Today marks one week and yesterday they found a 3 year old boy alive in the rubble. There is still so much work to be done!
Again, thank you so much for your prayers! :)

erstwo

Original Poster
Wanted to say...... but forgot..... this TR is on hold for at least a little while. I need to get the photos uploaded from our little point and shoot.

I'm sure you're all dying to know what we had for dinner - but I'm sure it would be much better with pictures! :D

HouCuseChickie

WOW!!! First off- so glad to hear that you and your family are all safe. I lived in Ohio during the 1974 outbreak, and while I was very young, this brought back those memories.

Secondly, totally understand the guilt over the vacation while fleeing a natural disaster. When hurricane Ike hit TX, we packed up as much as we possibly could and made the best of it by doing a mini vacay in Austin and San Antonio. All of my friends were here in nearly 100 degree heat without power and I was on the Riverwalk.

That's awesome about the VIP seating for the shuttle launch...sad that it was scrubbed, but still such a great experience. I lived in FL for several years- saw every active shuttle at the time in the air go up from afar- but every single time we headed over to see a launch up close- SCRUBBED! All I've seen that close are rockets. Also neat to see your pics from Kennedy. I haven't been there since 1984 when we saw Challenger out being prepared for a mission. It really is amazing how big that building is.

Love the pics of the pirate room - can't wait to read more! :wave:

tiaragirl

You guys are so lucky, and I'm so happy you and your friends/family are safe. Hopefully things are starting to clear up at home (L)

I've been teary all through this TR, but for some reason this picture put me over the edge:

Your kids are ACTUALLY the cutest, but I'm sure you're aware.

erstwo

Original Poster
WOW!!! First off- so glad to hear that you and your family are all safe. I lived in Ohio during the 1974 outbreak, and while I was very young, this brought back those memories.

Secondly, totally understand the guilt over the vacation while fleeing a natural disaster. When hurricane Ike hit TX, we packed up as much as we possibly could and made the best of it by doing a mini vacay in Austin and San Antonio. All of my friends were here in nearly 100 degree heat without power and I was on the Riverwalk.

That's awesome about the VIP seating for the shuttle launch...sad that it was scrubbed, but still such a great experience. I lived in FL for several years- saw every active shuttle at the time in the air go up from afar- but every single time we headed over to see a launch up close- SCRUBBED! All I've seen that close are rockets. Also neat to see your pics from Kennedy. I haven't been there since 1984 when we saw Challenger out being prepared for a mission. It really is amazing how big that building is.

Love the pics of the pirate room - can't wait to read more! :wave:

Thank you!

We were bummed that it was scrubbed too, but we knew the risk going into it. One ladies on the bus with us, was a little old lady who was Dr. Werner Von Braun's personal assistant. While she had seen many Apollo launches, she has never seen a shuttle launch, despite many attempts. So, if she hasn't seen one, we knew there was no guarantee we would see one!

If NASA holds to their Monday the 16th launch date, we will probably be there to see it. And visit WDW, of course!

You guys are so lucky, and I'm so happy you and your friends/family are safe. Hopefully things are starting to clear up at home (L)

I've been teary all through this TR, but for some reason this picture put me over the edge:

Your kids are ACTUALLY the cutest, but I'm sure you're aware.

We are lucky! So, so, so, so, SO lucky. You have no idea.

I love that picture too! We were checking in (took a while because they had to put us in a room where we could stay 'indefinately') and I looked over my shoulder and saw her putting her hand on his back reassuringly and I started to cry - AGAIN! Gah! I'm sure our check in clerk thought we were out of our minds - me crying, my husband saying we had no idea when we would be checking out..... we were a mess! :cry::lol:

You are too sweet!

erstwo

Original Poster
Okay, so.

We were all checked in, we had unpacked the truck, and we were hungry! We debated for a minute over where to eat dinner, and I suggested Downtown Disney. I have heard nothing but rave reviews over Earl of Sandwich and I was dying to try it!

On the way to our room in Trinidad South, we drove by the Old Port Royale Centertown to check out the pool. Our kids were super pumped about the pool, the slides, and the mini pirate water park! They were so excited that they INSISTED on wearing their swimsuits to DTD for dinner.

We drove to DTD - a Disney first for us. Trinidad South had it's own bus stop and the bus stop was so close to our room, it was actually closer than the truck! :eek: But at that moment, Disney transportation was for our 'real' Disney trips. This didn't really feel like a real Disney trip. My husband and I had already discussed that we wanted to do some things we never take the time for on our usual Disney trips. So we drove ourselves around this trip!

DTD was packed. I figured it was because it was a Friday night? :shrug:

I had no idea where Earl of Sandwich was located. The only part of DTD I've ever really visited is the TRex/ Lego Store/ BBB section of World of Disney. We parked near Planet Hollywood:

IMG_3975.jpg

I now know that Earl of Sandwich is located at the OPPOSITE end from Planet Hollywood! :lol: It was a long walk, but we finally found it.

IMG_3978.jpg

I had the Mediterranean salad with tuna salad on top. It was good, but there was way too much dressing. Next time I'll ask for the dressing on the side. Although, I don't think there will be a next time if I'm with my family. I was the only one who really liked Earl of Sandwich. :(

There was some sort of DJ spinning some fun tunes next to EoS, and my daughter had a great time dancing with some new 'friends.'

IMG_3977.jpg

We walked back to our car, passing a ton of fun performers along the way:

IMG_3976.jpg

The new Lego Store layout is amazing. I do really miss the playground though! It was my favorite part of DTD - no joke. But missing playground aside - how awesome are the new Lego sculptures???? Prince Philip and the Malificent dragon are my favorite, but this was the only picture I managed in the CRUSH of people:
IMG_3980.jpg

erstwo

Original Poster
We headed out of DTD, trying to find the nearest Wal Mart. We needed a few things and wanted to take advantage of the mini - fridge.

We loaded up at Wal Mart and by the time we got back to the resort it was really late. But the kids were wearing their swimsuits, so I took them to the pool while my husband unloaded the groceries. Then he came back by to pick us up and we headed to bed after a long day!

-------

The next morning I woke up at 7. My mind was racing with everything going on back home. Everyone else was still snoring, so I got up and got dressed and went on a run to clear my head. Caribbean Beach was so relaxing in the morning. As I turned onto the loop that runs around the lake in the center of the resort, I could see a family fishing on a pontoon boat. The only other people on the trail were other runners and a few smokers. I stopped near the middle of my last trip around the loop to take this picture on my phone:

IMG_0845-1.jpg

I finished up my run and returned to my room to find my family up and eating breakfast from our groceries. After everyone had eaten, the kids were anxious to return to the pool, so my husband took them back to the 'fun pool' while I showered and dressed. I hung out by the pool with them for a while and then we had a Quick Service lunch at the Old Port Royale.

I didn't take any pictures of lunch, but I wish I had! The kids chicken nugget lunches came in the cutest little sand pails with little shovels attached - too cute!

After lunch, we were pooled out for a while, so we headed to the truck to try out another Disney first.

We drove over to the Beach Club

IMG_3989.jpg

(which we had visited last year for Cape May Character Breakfast),

IMG_3990.jpg

I am kind of obsessed with these mother of pearl panels. Trying to figure out how to make one/ where I would put it in my house:
IMG_3989.jpg

(waiting on Daddy to park the truck)

IMG_3988.jpg

I found this little reminder of Easter still hanging out around the entrance to Cape May:

IMG_3985.jpg

IMG_3986.jpg

Too cute!
IMG_3987.jpg

erstwo

Original Poster
Anyway,

We were there to try out a place we had heard a lot about, but never had time to try:

IMG_3991.jpg

Beaches and Cream!

IMG_3993.jpg

Yum.

IMG_3994.jpg

Yum.

IMG_3995.jpg

Extra Yum!

Even Dino got in on the action:

IMG_3998.jpg

(He gets it from his dad, I swear.)

erstwo

Original Poster
So good! Beaches and Cream totally lived up to it's reputation.

When we started the 'meal' everyone was pretty grumpy, but by the end, everyone was in a great mood!

While my husband stayed behind near the pool at the Beach Club to make some calls and send some emails, we decided to tackle another Disney first - checking out the International Gateway to Epcot!

By the time I made my way over there slooowly with the two kids, it only took my husband a few minutes to catch up. We decided to take a boat over to another Disney first - a visit to the Boardwalk!

IMG_4001.jpg

Which, when we got over there, my husband realized he had been there many times while visiting Orlando on business. The hubby is a big fan of dueling piano bars, and he has made a trip or two to Jellyrolls. We explored all of the Boardwalk that we could - awesome place and headed back over to the Beach Club by boat to get back in the truck.

The whole way over we discussed where to have dinner. We named off place after place, but it seemed that we had eaten at virtually every Disney restaurant we could think of! :eek: I knew that couldn't be true, so I started googling on my phone. Within seconds, had a winner - Artist's Point!

We were off to Wilderness Lodge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom