My idea for a 5th Gate at WDW and how to Expand the other Four Theme Parks (with new maps)!

Corey

Original Poster
As you move around the park in a clockwise manner along the river, the next land next to the Near East is Europe. This section of the river would have audio animatronic animals based on those along the Danube and other European rivers such as the Rhine, Seine, and Italy's fabled Rubicon. There could be depictions of the Parthenon before it was heavily damaged in the 1600's, as well as, the Doge's Palace and St. Mark's Campanile in Venice, and Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria (which could house a hofbrau house restaurant underneath). There could also be a reproduction of St. Basil's Cathedral in Moscow and Notre Dame in Paris. Inside some of these buildings (or possibly adjacent show buildings could be rides similar to the former Snow White's Scary Adventures. For instance the Parthenon could depict the famous Peloponnesian War between Athens and Sparta, Notre Dame could have a ride based on the story of the hunchback, the Doge's Palace could have a ride based on the fictitious escape of the prisoner Casanova, and St. Basil's Cathedral could have a ride about the madness of Ivan the Terrible. Some of the characters one meets in this land could include meet and greets based on the Hunchback of Notre Dame, the Three Musketeers, Don Quixote, and the Nutcracker. The Venice setting could provide for a new attraction based on the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular. Except fans watching from an amphitheater could watch a choreographed chase scene with the boats seen in The Last Crusade. It would kind of be like "Lights, Motors, and Action!," but on the water. Mt. Vesuvius could tower over this land and have an E-ticket ride (coaster). There could be a restaurant providing various cuisine from throughout Europe.

Parthenon%2C_Nashville.JPG

Photograph_of_of_the_Doges_Palace_in_Venice.jpg

Venice02.jpg

Schloss_Neuschwanstein_2013.jpg

Moscow_StBasilCathedral_d18.jpg

Notre_Dame_dalla_Senna.jpg

Vesuvio_landscape.jpg

Last edited:

Corey

Original Poster
As you move around the park in a clockwise manner along the river, the next land next to Europe (and last land, which is also next to the Nantucket based entry land), would be based on the Caribbean. The river section could have audio animatronic animals that are similar to those seen on the rivers in Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Haiti, the Dominican Republic, and Cuba. It would have an area based on the pirate town Port Royal in Jamaica. Part of which could sink under the water kind of like how the town of Port Royal sank below the waters after an Earthquake centuries ago. I'm not sure how this could be done. However, the attraction could have some similarities to the Earthquake attraction that used to be found at the Universal Studios parks. There would also be a reproduction of the Black Pearl from Pirates of the Caribbean that guests could board. Additionally, there would be a new ride or attraction based on Pirates of the Caribbean that differs from the one's found at the other parks. I haven't quite figured out how it would work, but it might be a ride with an omnimover system or some other ride feature. It would not be a rollercoaster since there are already quite a few in my proposed park. There would be elements of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies throughout this land, kind of like the rethemed Tom Sawyer Island at Disneyland. You could have a reproduction of Blackbeard's ship the Queen Anne's Revenge. It could attack a Spanish Galleon that guests board as they travel back and forth from the Caribbean Land (specifically the island of Hispaniola) on their way to the adjacent Europe Land that was mentioned above. You could have a meet and greet based on the characters portrayed in Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island. Treasure Island could be a staged live production in a theater. In addition, there would be a restaurant providing cuisine from the Caribbean.

Old_Port_Royal_-_Project_Gutenberg_eText_19396.png

BlackPearl.jpg

Pirates%2C_Roman_Polanski%2C_boat_Genova_2.jpg

Last edited:

Corey

Original Poster
Disney could even have hotels themed to each of the lands I proposed surrounding the park (kind of like the hotels they envisioned when the Magic Kingdom opened in the early 1970's). Hotel guests could board a "jungle cruise" type boat to cross the river to the adjacent dock in each land. If it is properly themed, then the hotels could be seen as an extension of the park. Basically, they would continue the theming beyond the park's borders.

Disneysasianresort.jpg

DisneyPersian.jpg

Disneysvenetianresort.jpg

Well, these are my ideas for the 5th Gate at WDW, let me know what you think?

orlando678-

I like it but it might be too much of a combination of Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom. There are the same rides and shows in some of the areas in different parks like Lion King show and it would be difficult to expand other parks if this one would be build. Great ideas though and I'd love to see more of your ideas.

Corey

Original Poster
I like it but it might be too much of a combination of Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom. There are the same rides and shows in some of the areas in different parks like Lion King show and it would be difficult to expand other parks if this one would be build. Great ideas though and I'd love to see more of your ideas.

Hi orlando678- and others who may be interested,

Thanks for the compliments and for all of the likes for each of the lands I proposed in the park. In answer to your concerns, I think the park might still be sufficiently unique so as not to conflict with the other parks. For instance, World Showcase at Epcot tends to look at countries around the world as you would find them today if you visited them (basically a permanent world's fair). My proposed 5th Gate looks more at civilizations rather than specific countries and involves exploring what they were like in the past. While I admit I ran short of ideas such as incorporating a Lion King Show in my Sub-Saharan Africa Land, it might still be sufficiently different from Animal Kingdom. For instance they could use audio animatronic characters in my proposed park instead of live actors in costumes. Now as for the difference between my proposed 5th Gate and the Magic Kingdom, I see the Magic Kingdom as more fantasy oriented, whereas my proposed park is once again more historical in nature.

MY IDEA FOR HOW TO EXPAND THE OTHER FOUR PARKS AT WDW:

Now, as for your concern about my proposed 5th Gate taking up the limited and valuable available land at Walt Disney Word, I definitely understand your concern. There is a need to improve and expand on WDW's existing parks as well. That is why I feel my park should be the first at WDW to have a large parking structure or two, like Disney Springs and Universal Studios Florida. In time, I feel that WDW should replace the existing surface level parking lots at the rest of the theme parks. However, rather than building 10,000 to 20,000 parking spaces at each park at the front of the lot, I would rather have Disney build them at the back of the parking lot. In that way, they could expand the existing parks onto the footprint of the former surface level parking lots. For instance, if they built parking structures at the back of the Animal Kingdom Parking Lot, they could push the gate out and add a South America Land, the long talked about Beastly Kingdom, and perhaps even Middle Earth if they ever secure the rights to the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit franchises. At Disney's Hollywood Studios, if they built parking structures at the back of the existing parking lot, they could push the gate further out into the existing surface level parking lot and have plenty of room for not only the proposed Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land, but also the possible Pixar Land, Cars Land, and whatever other lands they decide to add based on various film franchises. Now, as for Epcot, they could build parking structures at the back of the parking lot, thereby pushing the gate further out into the existing surface level parking lot. Spaceship Earth would now be more in the middle of the park rather than in the front. Since my proposed 5th Gate kind of negates some of the need to expand World Showcase, WDW could instead focus on updating Future World. However, at the new front of the park, Epcot could finally add an area that lives up to its original idea of an Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. This new area could have a futuristic creation of a late 21st Century City, with all sorts of modern conveniences and technology that is protected by a climate-controlled dome (basically a depiction of a futuristic domed city, like those that have been proposed in science fiction over the years and what is being planned on a colossal scale in Dubai in the next few years). The only issue that might be raised is that the monorail tracks would go right through this dome like the Contemporary Resort (which would defeat the purpose of it being climate-controlled). Some alternatives might include building tubes for the monorail to pass through that allow for the dome to be sealed from the outside air, moving some of the beams of the monorail, or building more than one domed habitable area in the areas around the monorail beam (perhaps four altogether) that are linked by climate-controlled walkways (like what is proposed in Dubai). One dome might contain a park, while another might be futuristic housing, while another maybe a futuristic business complex, while another may be shopping (like the mall they are building in Dubai under the dome). The housing could be run like a resort so that guests could stay there like other WDW resorts, the businesses might be real ones so that individuals could conduct actual financial transactions, while the shops and stores could provide free delivery of what is purchased to the rooms of guests staying on the Disney property (basically all of the resorts). Basically, it could depict a fully functioning community. Now, finally, we come to the TTC (or the Magic Kingdom's Parking Lot). If WDW builds new parking structures somewhere in the TTC Parking Lot, they could free up space in the existing surface level parking lot for more hotels possibly. While this does not help Magic Kingdom per se, there still might be enough land leftover after my proposed park to add a land or two to the Magic Kingdom. For instance, if they build a main walkway north of the portion of Frontierland outside the berm near the Frontierland Railroad Station, they could create a path that could cross the water channel that is to the north of Big Thunder Mountain into the undeveloped land to the north. There they could build the Western River Expedition or some entirely new land. If Disney adds a Railroad Station in the land to the northwest of the Rivers of America and also directly north of Fantasyland, as well as, docks at each land off of the Rivers of America, the park could expand quite a bit with two new lands. Whatever they decide to add could help reduce some of the congestion in the rest of the Magic Kingdom. With that said, Disney could also save additional space at WDW by building parking structures for their cast members (employees) at Team Disney and the Disney University.

My proposal for Disney to build a series of parking structures, while obviously expensive, would nevertheless be a long term investment, since they could make each of their parks full day in the eyes of the public, thereby preventing guests from splitting their time between Disney and Universal. Guests would simply have to spend more time at WDW in order to see all of the attractions offered. My idea, while audacious, is not really foolishly optimistic. If you look at what Universal Studios Florida has been able to do with just 400 acres, I think you would be surprised what Disney could do if they used their existing land more effectively.

Well, in any event, thanks orlando678-, I appreciated your comments and hope I've covered some of your concerns. Best wishes with your own ideas, which are also extremely creative.

P.S. By the way, I just thought of how if all of the ideas put forward above and that are already found in the Disney parks at WDW are put together, then there would be something for just about any guest. The Magic Kingdom would appeal to those interested in Fantasy; Epcot would appeal to those interested in Science, Science Fiction, and Culture; Disney's Hollywood Studios would appeal to those interested in Entertainment; Disney's Animal Kingdom would appeal to those interested in Wildlife Preservation and the Environment; my proposed 5th Gate would appeal to those interested in History, Antiquity, and Classic Novels; and Disney's Wide World of Sports would appeal to those interested in Sports and Athletics.

Last edited:

Corey

Original Poster
ALTERNATIVE IDEA FOR AN EPCOT EXPANSION:

Hi all,

I had a thought that if my expansion plans for Epcot in my last post were not exciting enough, then there could be another alternative. If parking structures are built at the back of the Epcot surface level parking lot, or off to the back right, the park could be expanded northward into the existing surface level parking lot. Rather than add my proposed futuristic domed city as a tribute to Epcot's origin as an Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow, there could instead be some new or restored Future World pavilions north of Spaceship Earth spreading out in a V-shape. In the existing portion of Future World, the Wonders of Life Pavilion could be restored with the Inside-Out Attraction people keep talking about. However, outside the existing park boundaries, the new section of Future World could have at least four new or revived pavilions. As for the restored pavilions, Horizons could be brought back in an updated format. There might be additional destinations at the end rather than the three in the original attraction. Another pavilion could house an updated World of Motion attraction. If GM (Chevrolet) does not want to sponsor both Test Track and another related pavilion, then another auto manufacturer might be sought out. Much of the original attraction could be brought back, but some of the more cheesy jokes or insinuations could be dropped. This attraction could focus more on human land transportation, rather than transportation by water or air. I'll explain my reasoning with an idea for another pavilion. However, this attraction, with an omnimover ride system like the old World of Motion and Horizons could end with futuristic vehicles, such as fully electric cars like those made by Tesla Motors, as well as, the Chevy Volt and Bolt, driver-less cars, and contemporary advanced cars such as the Toyota Prius and Ford Focus hybrids. By highlighting their existing car lineup, Epcot might be able to court GM, Toyota, Ford, or some other auto manufacturer. The other two pavilions could be new ones. One of which might be The Wonders of Flight. It could be an omnimover system like World of Motion, but trace the development of human flight from Da Vinci's ideas, gliders, the Montgolfier hot air baloons (globe aérostatique) in France, the Wright Brother's Wright Flyer, the Sopwith Camel, World War II propeller driven fighter aircraft, Chuck Yeager's Bell X-1 (the first jet to break the Sound Barrier), civilian airplanes from the DC-3, to the Boeing 747, 777, and Dreamliner, and the Airbus A-380. There could also be some discussion of Supersonic Transport such as the Concorde and Tupolev TU-144, and possibly future Supersonic planes that would take passengers to the edge of space. The last bit about Supersonic aircraft could be in a separate ride attraction (not the omnimover vehicle that the main ride uses). Guests could experience up to a g-force like Mission:Space. Now, as for the last pavilion, it could be a complex similar to the old The Living Seas, except that it deals exclusively with freshwater fish and aquatic life (since 40% of known fish species are freshwater) like those found in the Great Lakes and inland rivers and streams. Since about 40% of freshwater fish are presently endangered, this pavilion could provide a valuable contribution to the protection of endangered species. I haven't come up with a finalized title, but it might be something like Our Living Lakes. Since most aquariums focus on oceanic life, this pavilion could fill an important void. There could be a nod to the old Sea Base Alpha at The Living Seas by depicting an underwater research facility perhaps called Aquatic Base Alpha (or Aquatic Base Superior) on the floor of Lake Superior or one of the other Great Lakes. Also, there could be an adjacent Aquatic Base Beta (or Aquatic Base Victoria) on the floor of Lake Victoria in Africa (the world's largest freshwater tropical lake). Guests could pick the specific hydrolater to arrive at the particular underwater aquatic base they want to visit first. Once guests arrive at the given base, they could visit the other underwater station by taking a tunnel that provides a transition between both stations. There might be something like a brief depiction of depressurizing (using a hydrolater), then a depiction of a trip on an intercontinental hyperloop, then re-pressurizing (another hydrolater) before entering the other station. I'm not sure how this would be depicted, but there would need to be some explanation for why you are on another continent. Both stations and surrounding tanks could have a more scientific and research theme, like the original The Living Seas, rather than the child oriented The Seas: With Nemo and Friends. As was the case with The Living Seas, there could a restaurant with acrylic windows providing a view of the fish in the tank or tanks. However, in this case, on one side could be windows into the tank housing the temperate zone fish on the Aquatic Base Alpha (Superior) side, while the other side of the restaurant could have windows into the tank housing the tropical zone fish on the Aquatic Base Beta (Victoria) side. The upside to creating a new aquatic pavilion is that Disney, to my knowledge, does not have any animated characters based on freshwater fish. Therefore, they couldn't really ruin the attraction by retheming it like they somewhat did with The Living Seas. In this way, younger guests could go to the Nemo attraction, while guests preferring a more adult experience might gravitate to Our Living Lakes. These were some of my thoughts. I hope you enjoyed the possibilities!

Last edited:

Corey

Original Poster
Possible Lands for a Magic Kingdom Expansion:

Hi all,

I had another thought about the expansion of the Magic Kingdom. I proposed a couple of posts above how there would be enough land leftover after my proposed park to add a land or two to the Magic Kingdom. For instance, if a main walkway is constructed north of the portion of Frontierland outside the berm near the Frontierland Railroad Station, Disney could create a path paralleling the train tracks and Big Thunder Mountain that could cross the water channel that is to the north of Big Thunder Mountain by a rotatable bridge into the undeveloped land to the north. There they could either build the Western River Expedition, I mentioned in my earlier post or some entirely new land. Since my proposal for a 5th Gate has a Caribbean area based on Port Royal, Jamaica, such a land, or a New Orleans Square, would seem redundant. However, I instead thought of another real world location. Specifically, a new land based upon Switzerland (maybe called Swiss Village or Alpine Village). I know that such a land could obviously go in Epcot’s World Showcase. However, I had bigger ideas for the land than what would fit on one of the country pads. For instance, in this land could be a recreation of the Matterhorn like at Disneyland. However, instead of 149 feet tall, I thought the Magic Kingdom’s Matterhorn could be closer to 199 feet tall. It would be complete with bobsleds like the Matterhorn at Disneyland. There could also be a reproduction of part of a Swiss village or town such as Lucerne below with a river running through it. On the river could be Lucerne’s famous Chapel Bridge. There could also be attractions with a ride system like Snow White’s Scary Adventures depicting the story of the Swiss hero William Tell and the young girl Heidi from the novel of the same name. There would of course be Swiss yodelers and an Alphorn player.

In the other land north of Fantasyland and south of the railroad track, Disney might consider building the Mickey’s Toontown like JakeSpadaro has suggested. It could be on an even bigger scale than the one’s at Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland. That is assuming they build Indiana Jones attractions in my proposed 5th Gate or a land within Disney's Hollywood Studios (since I had earlier identified the land behind Fantasyland for a possible Indiana Jones Land in another post). Now, if Disney adds a Railroad Station in the land to the northwest of the Rivers of America (Swiss Village/Alpine Village) and also directly north of Fantasyland (Mickey’s Toontown), as well as, docks at each land off of the Rivers of America, the park could expand quite a bit with two new lands. I think mharrington’s concern about Disney not having access to the Utilidor entrances could be resolved by having the two roads (Magic Kingdom Drive and Center Drive) go in between the backside of Fantasyland and Mickey’s Toontown. This was just a thought I had. I hope it proves helpful.

Last edited:

Corey

Original Poster
Alternative Idea for a Magic Kingdom Land that retains the theme of the Rivers of America:

Hi all,

I had the thought that my idea for a Swiss Village/Alpine Village along the Rivers of America might not be in keeping with that theme. Consequently, I came up with an idea for a wintry and mountainous land that would conform to that theme. So, instead of the theme of Switzerland, it would instead be based on Alaska and would be called Alaskan Village. The E-Ticket attraction would be a reproduction of Alaska’s famous Denali (formerly known as Mt. McKinley) and would stand at around 199 feet. It would have a bobsled ride like the Matterhorn, but would be longer since the mountain is wider than the Matterhorn relative to its height. At the base would be a reproduction of some of the buildings along the main streets of Ketchikan and Sitka (with some of its historical Russian architecture). There could be a neighboring Tlingit Village reflecting some of the native peoples and cultures of Alaska. In the Sitka part of the land could be a Russian mansion, kind of like Hong Kong Disneyland’s Mystic Manor, that has a similar ride to the HKDL attraction. However, instead of it being an English aristocrat's home, the home could be owned by a relative of a famous Russian royal or aristocratic family, such as the Romanov's or Stroganov’s (No relation to the food. The family is very real and was hugely influential in Russian history.) respectively. Like the Mystic Manor ride at HKDL, the ride could go through the various rooms of the mansion seeing strange apparitions from the family’s collection of historical artifacts from around the world (which might include some new artifacts such as a Nutcracker that comes to life, a painting of A Night on Bald Mountain that comes to life, etc.). Additionally, there could be an attraction using the kind of ride technology used on Snow White’s Scary Adventures that recounts the Jack London novel, The Call of the Wild (and its depiction of a dog’s experience adapting to life as a member of a bobsled team in Alaska and in Canada’s Yukon Territory during the Klondike Gold Rush. I just thought that basing the land on something new would help prevent it from being considered a knockoff of Disneyland. I hope you enjoyed!

Last edited:

Corey

Original Poster
Alternative Idea for a Magic Kingdom Land that retains the theme of the Rivers of America:

Hi all,

I had the thought that my idea for a Swiss Village/Alpine Village along the Rivers of America might not be in keeping with that theme. Consequently, I came up with an idea for a wintry and mountainous land that would conform to that theme. So, instead of the theme of Switzerland, it would instead be based on Alaska and would be called Alaskan Village. The E-Ticket attraction would be a reproduction of Alaska’s famous Denali (formerly known as Mt. McKinley) and would stand at around 199 feet. It would have a bobsled ride like the Matterhorn, but would be longer since the mountain is wider than the Matterhorn relative to its height. At the base would be a reproduction of some of the buildings along the main streets of Ketchikan and Sitka (with some of its historical Russian architecture). There could be a neighboring Tlingit Village reflecting some of the native peoples and cultures of Alaska. In the Sitka part of the land could be a Russian mansion, kind of like Hong Kong Disneyland’s Mystic Manor, that has a similar ride to the HKDL attraction. However, instead of it being an English aristocrat's home, the home could be owned by a relative of a famous Russian royal or aristocratic family, such as the Romanov's or Stroganov’s (No relation to the food. The family is very real and was hugely influential in Russian history.) respectively. Like the Mystic Manor ride at HKDL, the ride could go through the various rooms of the mansion seeing strange apparitions from the family’s collection of historical artifacts from around the world (which might include some new artifacts such as a Nutcracker that comes to life, a painting of A Night on Bald Mountain that comes to life, etc.). Additionally, there could be an attraction using the kind of ride technology used on Snow White’s Scary Adventures that recounts the Jack London novel, The Call of the Wild (and its depiction of a dog’s experience adapting to life as a member of a bobsled team in Alaska and in Canada’s Yukon Territory during the Klondike Gold Rush. I just thought that basing the land on something new would help prevent it from being considered a knockoff of Disneyland. I hope you enjoyed!

Hi all,

In reading about some of the ideas proposed for the Disney parks over the years, I came to find that an idea for an Alaskan Village Land bore some similarities with a Glacier Bay Land that was proposed for Disneyland at one point, interestingly along the Rivers of America. I had actually thought of that name for my Alaskan Village Land, however, since I didn't incorporate Glacier Bay into my land, it would kind of have seemed like false advertising. However, I must say that I like the name better than Alaskan Village. Perhaps, they could somehow incorporate Glacier Bay into my proposed land.

Beyond that, I thought that my idea for a Mystic Manor ride in my proposed Alaskan Village, might not be as popular as the Haunted Mansion. Consequently, I think it might be better to base it on a mansion of a former Russian settler that incorporates some of the architecture of the Mystic Manor building at Hong Kong Disneyland. In this way, they could move the Haunted Mansion ride from Liberty Square to my new proposed land (Alaskan Village). This new Haunted Mansion could incorporate some of the advances in ride technology such as the omnimover system in the Mystic Manor ride and improved special effects, but retain the general themes of the Haunted Mansion ride. This would then free up the space in the existing Haunted Mansion building/attraction in Liberty Square to retheme it to Ichabod Crane's Manor and use it take guests on a ride that recreates the story of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow with its Headless Horseman. They could even keep the mansion itself, since it fits in with the time period depicted in Liberty Square. Having a ride based on The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (which in reading from other posts, is something people want) could give Liberty Square a completely unique attraction not found in other Disneyland like parks. I hope you enjoyed the revision of my proposal.

P.S. On the plus side, they could build the new Haunted Mansion first while the existing ride continues operating and then when they are finished, simultaneously open the new mansion and close the old mansion, so that guests are not disappointed about a classic attraction being closed. They then could work on the Sleepy Hollow ride.

Last edited:

Corey

Original Poster
START OF NEW POSTS FROM 2017!

MY IDEA FOR HOW TO EXPAND THE OTHER FOUR PARKS AT WDW:

Now, as for your concern about my proposed 5th Gate taking up the limited and valuable available land at Walt Disney Word, I definitely understand your concern. There is a need to improve and expand on WDW's existing parks as well. That is why I feel my park should be the first at WDW to have a large parking structure or two, like Disney Springs and Universal Studios Florida. In time, I feel that WDW should replace the existing surface level parking lots at the rest of the theme parks. However, rather than building 10,000 to 20,000 parking spaces at each park at the front of the lot, I would rather have Disney build them at the back of the parking lot. In that way, they could expand the existing parks onto the footprint of the former surface level parking lots…

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015

Corey, Oct 17, 2015

spacemt354 likes this.

Last edited:

Corey

Original Poster
IDEA FOR A MAGIC KINGDOM EXPANSION:

As for the Magic Kingdom, there could be three news lands. One could be a combination of Disneyland Paris’ Discoveryland with a Space Mountain with the theme of The War of the Worlds, the attraction Le Visionarium, an Orbitron and an underwater glass tunnel that connects you to Tokyo DisneySeas’Mysterious Island (in this case Vulcania Island). The sea (or technically lake) that surrounds the tunnel could be called La Mer Mystère. On the island would be the rides 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Journey to the Center of the Earth as found in Tokyo. There would also be a full size reproduction of the Nautilus docked at Vulcania Island that guests could board and investigate. The other lands could be Glacier Bay with a 199 foot tall Denali (formerly Mt. McKinley) with a ride like the Matterhorn. There could be a Call of the Wild ride from the Jack London novel that uses a track system similar to the ride Snow White’Scary Adventures. There also could be a town with Russian architecture similar to Sitka and a Tlingit Native American village. The last land would be Port Royal, set in the old port on the island of Jamaica. You could have a new Pirates of the Caribbean attraction like the one found at Disneyland, thereby freeing up the Pirates attraction in Adventureland to be re-themed to some other purpose such as a Lewis and Clark Corps of Discovery expedition or possibly a Pirates of the Barbary Coast attraction. At Port Royal there could be other attractions and it could basically be a whole land similar to both New Orleans Square and Tom Sawyer Island at Disneyland.

Attachments

• Magic Kingdom Map.jpg
    Magic Kingdom Map.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 65

Corey

Original Poster
IDEA FOR A MAGIC KINGDOM/WATER PARK EXPANSION:

I thought that if Disney builds two 10,000 space parking garages in the Magic Kingdom’s parking lot next to the TTC, they could have enough land left over to build a water park. I was thinking that it could have the theme of Atlantis and have some architectural and aesthetic styles not only drawn from that mythical land but also from the Greek Island of Santorini (Thera) where Atlantis might have possibly been located. There could be a crossing of Greek classical architecture and mythical sea designs based off of depictions of Poseidon and his realm. While this water park doesn’t have to be Atlantis’ based, it would give a different theme than Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, Acquatica, and Volcano Bay.

Attachments

• Magic Kingdom Parking Lot and Atlantis Water Park Map.jpg
    Magic Kingdom Parking Lot and Atlantis Water Park Map.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Corey

Original Poster
ALTERNATIVE IDEA FOR AN EPCOT EXPANSION:

Hi all,

I had a thought that if my expansion plans for Epcot in my last post were not exciting enough, then there could be another alternative. If parking structures are built at the back of the Epcot surface level parking lot, or off to the back right, the park could be expanded northward into the existing surface level parking lot. Rather than add my proposed futuristic domed city as a tribute to Epcot's origin as an Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow, there could instead be some new or restored Future World pavilions north of Spaceship Earth spreading out in a V-shape. In the existing portion of Future World, the Wonders of Life Pavilion could be restored with the Inside-Out Attraction people keep talking about. However, outside the existing park boundaries, the new section of Future World could have at least four new or revived pavilions. As for the restored pavilions, Horizons could be brought back in an updated format. There might be additional destinations at the end rather than the three in the original attraction. Another pavilion could house an updated World of Motion attraction. If GM (Chevrolet) does not want to sponsor both Test Track and another related pavilion, then another auto manufacturer might be sought out. Much of the original attraction could be brought back, but some of the more cheesy jokes or insinuations could be dropped. This attraction could focus more on human land transportation, rather than transportation by water or air. I'll explain my reasoning with an idea for another pavilion. However, this attraction, with an omnimover ride system like the old World of Motion and Horizons could end with futuristic vehicles, such as fully electric cars like those made by Tesla Motors, as well as, the Chevy Volt and Bolt, driver-less cars, and contemporary advanced cars such as the Toyota Prius and Ford Focus hybrids. By highlighting their existing car lineup, Epcot might be able to court GM, Toyota, Ford, or some other auto manufacturer. The other two pavilions could be new ones. One of which might be The Wonders of Flight. It could be an omnimover system like World of Motion, but trace the development of human flight from Da Vinci's ideas, gliders, the Montgolfier hot air baloons (globe aérostatique) in France, the Wright Brother's Wright Flyer, the Sopwith Camel, World War II propeller driven fighter aircraft, Chuck Yeager's Bell X-1 (the first jet to break the Sound Barrier), civilian airplanes from the DC-3, to the Boeing 747, 777, and Dreamliner, and the Airbus A-380. There could also be some discussion of Supersonic Transport such as the Concorde and Tupolev TU-144, and possibly future Supersonic planes that would take passengers to the edge of space. The last bit about Supersonic aircraft could be in a separate ride attraction (not the omnimover vehicle that the main ride uses). Guests could experience up to a g-force like Mission:Space. Now, as for the last pavilion, it could be a complex similar to the old The Living Seas, except that it deals exclusively with freshwater fish and aquatic life (since 40% of known fish species are freshwater) like those found in the Great Lakes and inland rivers and streams. Since about 40% of freshwater fish are presently endangered, this pavilion could provide a valuable contribution to the protection of endangered species. I haven't come up with a finalized title, but it might be something like Our Living Lakes. Since most aquariums focus on oceanic life, this pavilion could fill an important void. There could be a nod to the old Sea Base Alpha at The Living Seas by depicting an underwater research facility perhaps called Aquatic Base Alpha (or Aquatic Base Superior) on the floor of Lake Superior or one of the other Great Lakes. Also, there could be an adjacent Aquatic Base Beta (or Aquatic Base Victoria) on the floor of Lake Victoria in Africa (the world's largest freshwater tropical lake). Guests could pick the specific hydrolater to arrive at the particular underwater aquatic base they want to visit first. Once guests arrive at the given base, they could visit the other underwater station by taking a tunnel that provides a transition between both stations. There might be something like a brief depiction of depressurizing (using a hydrolater), then a depiction of a trip on an intercontinental hyperloop, then re-pressurizing (another hydrolater) before entering the other station. I'm not sure how this would be depicted, but there would need to be some explanation for why you are on another continent. Both stations and surrounding tanks could have a more scientific and research theme, like the original The Living Seas, rather than the child oriented The Seas: With Nemo and Friends. As was the case with The Living Seas, there could a restaurant with acrylic windows providing a view of the fish in the tank or tanks. However, in this case, on one side could be windows into the tank housing the temperate zone fish on the Aquatic Base Alpha (Superior) side, while the other side of the restaurant could have windows into the tank housing the tropical zone fish on the Aquatic Base Beta (Victoria) side. The upside to creating a new aquatic pavilion is that Disney, to my knowledge, does not have any animated characters based on freshwater fish. Therefore, they couldn't really ruin the attraction by retheming it like they somewhat did with The Living Seas. In this way, younger guests could go to the Nemo attraction, while guests preferring a more adult experience might gravitate to Our Living Lakes. These were some of my thoughts. I hope you enjoyed the possibilities!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015

Corey, Oct 18, 2015

orlando678- likes this.

Attachments

• Epcot Map.jpg
    Epcot Map.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 60

Corey

Original Poster
IDEA FOR A HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS EXPANSION:

At Disney's Hollywood Studios, if they built parking structures at the back of the existing parking lot, they could push the gate further out into the existing surface level parking lot and have plenty of room for a possible Pixar Land, Cars Land (with Radiator Springs Racers), Indiana Jones Land or whatever other lands they decide to add based on various film franchises.

…Now, … there would be an Indiana Jones Adventure ride similar to the one in California. However, instead of it being called the Temple of the Forbidden Eye and being located in India, it could instead be Indiana Jones and the Quest for Orellana's Lost Incan Treasure. On top of the ride building could be some Incan Pyramids. The ride would involve trying to find where Orellana went and returned the treasure in an Incan pyramid, with all of the dangers seen in the California ride.

[There might also be] a Mexican pueblo, like the one depicted in the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles when he was captured and forced to ride with Pancho Villa. There could be a cantina/restaurant here for guests to get refreshments. Adjacent to the Magic [cantina] could be the Circus Train seen at the beginning of The Last Crusade. On the train could be terrariums containing snakes and other reptiles, as well as, an audioanimotronic Lion and Rhinoceros seen on the train. This train would be just to the south of the Magic Kingdom Railroad track. It would also be air conditioned to provide some relief for the guests and for the animals.

Now, south of the cantina could be a winding path through the jungle with audioanimotronic animals such as Asian Elephants and maybe a Tiger. This would lead you to the next E-Ticket attraction. On top of this ride would be Pankot Palace as depicted in Temple of Doom. Underneath it would be a Mine Car ride similar to the one found at Disneyland Park in Paris. I'm not sure if it should have an inversion like at the Paris Park. However, it would be an exciting ride on the order of Big Thunder Mountain, though it would be inside and would wind around dangerous chasms, some of which are filled with what appears to be lava…

Now, back at the Indiana Jones railroad station…below the track is a loading platform for people to get into the Russian military vehicles that are seen in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (the ones that are driven through the Amazonian Rainforest and then enter the water)…They would have a driver who is a Cast Member. They would then ride or float down the [river through] a diaroma of the Rainforest with the dangerous ant hill seen in the movie, snakes dangling from the trees, a close call with quicksand, and other ride vehicles with audioanimotronic Soviet soldiers riding in them that suddenly appear out of the rainforest that appear to shoot at you. It’s followed by riding up a hill or mountain before the ride vehicle returns to a river before cascading down drops like the ones seen in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. After several drops, you are back in the canal [river] that takes you back to the loading dock.

Well, that's my idea for the Indiana Jones Land at the Magic Kingdom. Let me know what you think?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015

Corey, Oct 13, 2015

The90skid likes this.

Attachments

• Hollywood Studios Land Map.jpg
    Hollywood Studios Land Map.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 56

Corey

Original Poster
IDEA FOR AN ANIMAL KINGDOM EXPANSION:

If they built parking structures at the back of the Animal Kingdom Parking Lot, they could push the gate out and add a South America Land, the long talked about Beastly Kingdom, and perhaps even Middle Earth if they ever secure the rights to the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit franchises.

The South America Land could have a river cruise on the Orinoco River with animals whether real or audioanimatronic from the area. There also could be a portion of the land that reproduces in ways the Brazilian Rain Forest. There could be a recreation of Iguazú Falls (or Iguaçu Falls). There could even be a reproduction of Suger Loaf Mountain in Rio de Janiero with a cable car (gondola). There might be a ritzy restaurant on top of the mountain.

As for Beastly Kingdom, it could involve rides and attractions similar to the land originally proposed for Animal Kingdom. In addition to dragons, I would have recommended the Kraken from Greek mythology, but that would probably run into trademark suits with nearby Sea World Orlando. That is, unless Disney bought Sea World.

Attachments

• Animal Kingdom Map.jpg
    Animal Kingdom Map.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Corey

Original Poster
Here are all the maps of the proposed additions together!

Attachments

• Magic Kingdom Map.jpg
    Magic Kingdom Map.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Magic Kingdom Parking Lot and Atlantis Water Park Map.jpg
    Magic Kingdom Parking Lot and Atlantis Water Park Map.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Epcot Map.jpg
    Epcot Map.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Hollywood Studios Land Map.jpg
    Hollywood Studios Land Map.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Animal Kingdom Map.jpg
    Animal Kingdom Map.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 65

Suchomimus

In addition to dragons, I would have recommended the Kraken from Greek mythology, but that would probably run into trademark suits with nearby Sea World Orlando. That is, unless Disney bought Sea World.
Actually, first off, Krakens are from Norwegian and Greenland mythology, and second, I don't think there'd be any trademark suits if you weren't to use the kraken as a roller coaster as S.W.O did.

Corey

Original Poster
Actually, first off, Krakens are from Norwegian and Greenland mythology, and second, I don't think there'd be any trademark suits if you weren't to use the kraken as a roller coaster as S.W.O did.

Thanks S.P.E.W. for informing me of this. I had thought the Kraken was similar to how it was depicted in Clash of the Titans, but I could be wrong. Thanks for giving me the origin of this mythical monster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom