My idea for a 5th Gate at WDW and how to Expand the other Four Theme Parks (with new maps)!

Corey

Original Poster
It depends how much you want to go in-depth with it. If you want to break it up park by park and go into detail about each one -- you might as well start a new thread!

Yeah, I thought of drawing in locations for the various attractions in each land, but thought it would be better spent by the actual imagineers who would need to squeeze each of these attractions into the land I've allocated for them. All I could do is give rough approximations. My maps of where the parking structures would be located gives some idea as to how they could expand the footprint of the four existing parks at Walt Disney World.

Corey

Original Poster
Yeah, I thought of drawing in locations for the various attractions in each land, but thought it would be better spent by the actual imagineers who would need to squeeze each of these attractions into the land I've allocated for them. All I could do is give rough approximations. My maps of where the parking structures would be located gives some idea as to how they could expand the footprint of the four existing parks at Walt Disney World.

While I don't know if I want to got into the intricate details of each land, I nevertheless wouldn't mind critiquing the kind of rides or attractions that would go into such lands as the following:

Magic Kingdom: Glacier Bay, Port Royal, and Discoveryland

Magic Kingdom Parking Lot: Atlantis Water Park

Epcot: Our Living Lakes, World of Motion, New Horizons, and the Wonders of Flight

Hollywood Studios: Indiana Jones Land, Cars Land, and possibly Pixar Land

Animal Kingdom: South America, Beastly Kingdom (and possibly, if they ever secure the rights, Middle Earth from Lord of the Rings)

Last edited:

Suchomimus

(and possibly, if they ever secure the rights, Middle Earth from Lord of the Rings
538.jpg

Corey

Original Poster
IDEA FOR A MAGIC KINGDOM EXPANSION:

As for the Magic Kingdom, there could be three news lands. One could be a combination of Disneyland Paris’ Discoveryland with a Space Mountain with the theme of The War of the Worlds, the attraction Le Visionarium, an Orbitron and an underwater glass tunnel that connects you to Tokyo DisneySeas’Mysterious Island (in this case Vulcania Island). The sea (or technically lake) that surrounds the tunnel could be called La Mer Mystère. On the island would be the rides 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Journey to the Center of the Earth as found in Tokyo. There would also be a full size reproduction of the Nautilus docked at Vulcania Island that guests could board and investigate. The other lands could be Glacier Bay with a 199 foot tall Denali (formerly Mt. McKinley) with a ride like the Matterhorn. There could be a Call of the Wild ride from the Jack London novel that uses a track system similar to the ride Snow White’Scary Adventures. There also could be a town with Russian architecture similar to Sitka and a Tlingit Native American village. The last land would be Port Royal, set in the old port on the island of Jamaica. You could have a new Pirates of the Caribbean attraction like the one found at Disneyland, thereby freeing up the Pirates attraction in Adventureland to be re-themed to some other purpose such as a Lewis and Clark Corps of Discovery expedition or possibly a Pirates of the Barbary Coast attraction. At Port Royal there could be other attractions and it could basically be a whole land similar to both New Orleans Square and Tom Sawyer Island at Disneyland.

I was thinking, for Port Royal, not only could you have a Disneyland type Pirates of the Caribbean attraction with a Blue Bayou Restaurant (or whatever you will call it), but you could have the whole land dedicated to themes found in the Pirates of the Caribbean films. One part of the land might be like New Orleans Square, but instead be based on the old port city of Port Royal, before the earthquake that destroyed the town. Here is a map of the old town. If you have any suggestions for additional attractions in this land, I would be interested.

Port_Royal.JPG

Corey

Original Poster
IDEA FOR A MAGIC KINGDOM/WATER PARK EXPANSION:

I thought that if Disney builds two 10,000 space parking garages in the Magic Kingdom’s parking lot next to the TTC, they could have enough land left over to build a water park. I was thinking that it could have the theme of Atlantis and have some architectural and aesthetic styles not only drawn from that mythical land but also from the Greek Island of Santorini (Thera) where Atlantis might have possibly been located. There could be a crossing of Greek classical architecture and mythical sea designs based off of depictions of Poseidon and his realm. While this water park doesn’t have to be Atlantis’ based, it would give a different theme than Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, Acquatica, and Volcano Bay.

For the Atlantis Water Park, you could have attractions named after (or inspired by) Zeus, Poseidon, Aphrodite, Apollo, Athena, Artemis, Hermes, Hephaestus, Hercules, Perseus, Medussa, etc. I could go on, but there are plenty of deities, demigods, etc. to base the rides on for this water park.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom