My Disney Wedding Cake

cinderellafan6

Wow those are so beautiful. I have been tryin to find the right cinderella wedding cake ever since I got engaged over a year ago. My wedding is in Jan and I hope I can come up with something half as creative as that.

DrummerAlly

Wow! Congrats! We are using the same cake topper but have no idea what we want the cake to look like - thanks for the idea!

k.hunter30

Wow! Those are some of the best cakes I've seen in a long time! I help a friend with her catering business as a second job and am usually the one to cut all the wedding cakes, so I've seen quite a few. What were the flavors...?

disfan411

Original Poster
Awesome cakes! May I ask how much?

Well a family friend did them so they were discounted for us. I think we got them both for around $400ish.

Wow! Those are some of the best cakes I've seen in a long time! I help a friend with her catering business as a second job and am usually the one to cut all the wedding cakes, so I've seen quite a few. What were the flavors...?

It was a marble cake and one layer had a strawberry filling, the other had vanilla filling.

Thanks for all the congrats from everyone. Glad you all liked it and good luck to those getting married. Hope you got some ideas.
Another thing we did if your interested was i searched online for the font that is the same as walt disney. I was able to download it for free and i used that font for the guests name cards. For the name cards we used past disney pictures of us so they could take home a picture from the wedding but did different pictues so everyone would get a different one.

magic2me

Both are very well done. She is sure talented.

Can I ask why at a wedding you would have a bride and a groom cake? This is not specific to the OP but a general question. I have never been to a wedding with two cakes, but I hear the mention of a groom's cake often.

disfan411

Original Poster

Can I ask why at a wedding you would have a bride and a groom cake? This is not specific to the OP but a general question. I have never been to a wedding with two cakes, but I hear the mention of a groom's cake often.

We originally were just doing the traditional brides cake. The cake only served so many I dont' remember the exact amount and we needed a little more. So instead of just having a sheet cake hidden in the back to serve the rest of the people we decided to get another cake. Every wedding I have ever been to only had one cake but more and more you hear about grooms cakes and you see them on tv. So we went with something fun and creative.

magic2me

We originally were just doing the traditional brides cake. The cake only served so many I dont' remember the exact amount and we needed a little more. So instead of just having a sheet cake hidden in the back to serve the rest of the people we decided to get another cake. Every wedding I have ever been to only had one cake but more and more you hear about grooms cakes and you see them on tv. So we went with something fun and creative.
Thank makes sense in your case.

I love both cakes.

Shadowdawn

I think traditionally the groom's cake is served at the wedding rehearsal the night before. But I think non-traditional cakes have become very popular (and expensive) so alot of people are starting to say why not and include it in the reception. Either way it's nice to see a fun traditional cake and a funky one, to me it has more personality.

LSUxStitch

Awesome cakes!

Here is my groom's cake from my May 22nd wedding! Combined two things I love the most...LSU and DISNEY

n1432178244_368410_2591843.jpg

disfan411

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the compliments. Im glad you liked the cakes. Hope I gave some of you some ideas for any upcoming wedding.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom