Muppet*Vision 2 Rumor

FoozieBear

If they were to revamp it, I could see them getting rid of Bean Bunny, who was something of a proto-Walter. In fact, of all the new Muppets created since the 90s, only Pepe has been really successful. Bobo gets some use as well, because he's delightful. The rest though? You MIGHT see Clifford and Bean in a background shot, but that's about it.

I think it's because Steve Whitmire is so busy performing Kermit, that Bean Bunny doesn't get enough time to ever get recognized. I listened to an interview with him on The MuppetCast a few years ago where he said he would love to spend more time with his other characters (like Rizzo for example) but he's too busy performing Kermit.

Since Brian Henson runs his own company now, his characters like Sal Minella and Seymour haven't been present very much, and the chances of Kevin Clash returning to perform Clifford are next to zero. Bill Baretta is still present as his two best characters Pepe and Bobo, plus performing a whole bunch of Jim Henson characters (Dr. Teeth, Rowlf the Dog, Swedish Chef)

Matt_Black

I think it's because Steve Whitmire is so busy performing Kermit, that Bean Bunny doesn't get enough time to ever get recognized. I listened to an interview with him on The MuppetCast a few years ago where he said he would love to spend more time with his other characters (like Rizzo for example) but he's too busy performing Kermit.

Since Brian Henson runs his own company now, his characters like Sal Minella and Seymour haven't been present very much, and the chances of Kevin Clash returning to perform Clifford are next to zero. Bill Baretta is still present as his two best characters Pepe and Bobo, plus performing a whole bunch of Jim Henson characters (Dr. Teeth, Rowlf the Dog, Swedish Chef)

That's a fair point, but they do still use Rizzo quite a bit- he'd important roles in Muppet Treasure Island, Muppet Christmas Carol, and Muppets From Space.

Cmdr_Crimson

It's pretty interesting. A lot of the concept was created and developed by Jim Henson himself. There was an episode of the Jim Henson Hour where he demonstrates how Waldo worked, and it works with a live-radio controlled puppet which translates the action to 3D...a technique I believe to be used in Turtle Talk with Crush

They also use the same tech for the PBS show Sid the Science Kid and at Hershey's Chocolate World for their 3D film which uses interactivity like the Laugh Floor..

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom