Muppet*Vision 2 Rumor

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Forgive me if this was already posted before.. I haven't seen it anywhere.

I was just scrolling through screamscape.com and noticed this (along with numerous other rumors for HS)

"???? - MuppetVision 2 - Rumor - (8/20/2014) The end of the latest MiceChat update mentions that the long rumored on again/off again proposal to make a new film for MuppetVision 3D is not only still in development, but just may be up to finally get green lit in the near future." -- http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_hollywood_studios.htm#General

I had never heard of this rumor before! Personally, I think this would be great idea, if it's done well. But the current film is just as good as it is.. I'm sure a new film would bring a lot more attention to this attraction and the muppets characters in the park, though. Any thoughts on this?

***I posted this in the wrong category

Last edited:

Mia22

I actually hope this is true. Although enjoyably corny, I'm a bit bored of the old muppets, and only went in there to rest for a while and escape the heat.

erasure fan1

I heard the new one will have a glorious three hour finale!
Except they only have a minute and a half!

I would really hope they don't change the main film. If they could go in and update the CG Waldo stuff...... OK. Nothing Disney has done with the Muppets is near as good as Muppet vision so I would be very weary of them changing it and it still be as good. I still think that of all the 3D movies in any of the parks, it is still the best and holds up remarkably well for its age. All I would like to see them do is make the attraction 100% new again with all effects working.

Matt_Black

I'm wary. Part of the charm for me with the original is the fact that it's one of the last productions (if not THE last) that had Jim, Jerry, and Frank all performing together. The former two are now gone (though they live on in our hearts) and Frank doesn't seem to want to do anything fun anymore.

Also, how long before you-know-who comes in to complain about killing this with fire?

FoozieBear

I wouldn't be surprised if it is true. Muppet-Vision 3D shouldn't be going anywhere (in DHS at least) so they might as well update it and draw in new audiences.

216bruce

As stated above, it'd be really tough to top performance-wise. Our family loves Muppet-Vision and we always go. It's about our only 'must' left at DHS apart from TOT for everyone.
On the other hand, it is long in the tooth and may just end up being a victim of wrong place-wrong time if and when the Studios gets 'LucasFilmed'. I'd hate to see it go completely and really be disappointed (most likely) with what they may do for a 2.0. Tough call.

Polydweller

I'm wary. Part of the charm for me with the original is the fact that it's one of the last productions (if not THE last) that had Jim, Jerry, and Frank all performing together. The former two are now gone (though they live on in our hearts) and Frank doesn't seem to want to do anything fun anymore.

Also, how long before you-know-who comes in to complain about killing this with fire?
It was Jim Henson's last film and projects after his passing have missed having his unique talent. Frank Oz is now 70 so it's understandable that he isn't as active as he once was. Yeah, the film is old but without those talents doing the creative work it's hard to see a new version being quite as good. The current film is something of a treasure.

Fox&Hound

Was there any substance to the rumor of Muppets taking over Imagination at EPCOT??? As much as I looooove old-school figment, the new ride just does not do it justice. As sad as I'd see him go, I wouldn't be against the Muppets getting a new ride, the top part of innovations opening as a Muppets lab play area with games and activitis for kids, and then Captain EO gets replaced with Muppet Vision film. I could really see them teaching about innovation, discovery, and creativity. I don't see it happening, though. I doubt we're getting anything new with Muppets. If they remove it from the studios that's probably it for them (hence why I'd love them at EPCOT).

CorgiPants

Was there any substance to the rumor of Muppets taking over Imagination at EPCOT??? As much as I looooove old-school figment, the new ride just does not do it justice. As sad as I'd see him go, I wouldn't be against the Muppets getting a new ride, the top part of innovations opening as a Muppets lab play area with games and activitis for kids, and then Captain EO gets replaced with Muppet Vision film. I could really see them teaching about innovation, discovery, and creativity. I don't see it happening, though. I doubt we're getting anything new with Muppets. If they remove it from the studios that's probably it for them (hence why I'd love them at EPCOT).
Honestly, that sounds like a pretty good idea too me. I'm glad I got to see Captian EO (I was way to young during it's initial run to enjoy/appreciate it) but it's time to go. The Muppets can take over the new Figment ride as well, I don't think I could take the nightmare of Eric Idle as the moon any more.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster

That... That's not really a bad idea! The pavilion even has a theatre that could house as a new location for Muppet Vision 3D... and imagine all the crazy interactive elements they could add to the second level of the pavilion as well as a muppets gift shop on the bottom level. I've never thought about that before, neat!

But, I also disapprove unless I know for a fact that Figment will be brought back in another new attraction or exhibit somewhere within one of the parks.

Cmdr_Crimson

Hard to believe that Waldo was created by Pacific Data Images...............Yep....PDI.......The Company that became..
dreamworks-animation-films.png

COrunner

1_statler_waldorf.jpg

"Hey Statler, do you hear we are getting a sequel and moving to EPCOT?"
"I didn't Waldorf."
"Yeah, it only took 18 years for people to get sick of Ellens Universe of Energy!"
DOOOO HOOO HO HO HO...

FoozieBear

Hard to believe that Waldo was created by Pacific Data Images...............Yep....PDI.......The Company that became..
dreamworks-animation-films.png

It's pretty interesting. A lot of the concept was created and developed by Jim Henson himself. There was an episode of the Jim Henson Hour where he demonstrates how Waldo worked, and it works with a live-radio controlled puppet which translates the action to 3D...a technique I believe to be used in Turtle Talk with Crush

Matt_Black

If they were to revamp it, I could see them getting rid of Bean Bunny, who was something of a proto-Walter. In fact, of all the new Muppets created since the 90s, only Pepe has been really successful. Bobo gets some use as well, because he's delightful. The rest though? You MIGHT see Clifford and Bean in a background shot, but that's about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom