Muppet fountain gone

ToTBellHop

toontowntunnel.png

?
That's what I thought of when I first heard it described!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Repositioning the fountain infrastructure is part of the works being done on what's left of SOA for the SWL connector road. I'd imagine when this finishes later the year the fountain will return, if not before.

How difficult is it to move a 3/4" water pipe and some conduit, If 'Joes Plumbing' can do this in the span of a day surely a multinational corporation should be able to do the same without the project taking years...

Disney there's a machine called a 'Ditch Witch' that has the capability of making deep narrow trenches for pipes and wires without the wholesale damage an excavator creates.

Goofyernmost

How difficult is it to move a 3/4" water pipe and some conduit, If 'Joes Plumbing' can do this in the span of a day surely a multinational corporation should be able to do the same without the project taking years...

Disney there's a machine called a 'Ditch Witch' that has the capability of making deep narrow trenches for pipes and wires without the wholesale damage an excavator creates.
Perhaps, if you are going to be continuously running over areas with heavy equipment, it is the better part of intelligence to wait until that activity stops before activating the water lines. Also to prevent having to repeatedly shut the water supply off whenever they need to dig in the area. There are many reasons and they don't all end with it's never returning or they are incompetent. In fact, they might be the opposite of incompetent.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

It's not just pipes, it's also the pump and associated electrical, which might have to wait until other parts of the project are done.

WildcatDen

Even a peep about updating what is INSIDE the building? LOL.

Or are we better off just hoping they keep it as it is, because if it was replaced - it might not be with another Muppet attraction?

I always get so excited to go to Muppetvision, the queue and theater put me totally in the mood (though I do notice now how they cut corners with the theater interior, I don't let it bother me), but then once the film starts I'm like...oh...that's right. It's all about that stupid little non-Muppet CG blob thing.

But if it's stupid little blob thing, or no Muppets at all, I'd stick with the Muppets. Though I'd love something more interesting - or even just a new movie at this point.
We get the same feeling. I even had a custom Muppet Shirt made just for our day at DHS. Got lots of nice comments on it. The attraction itself was a bit of a let down. I think they were having issues with the center speaker. The sound was going in and out and really made for a poor show. It was about the only disappointment on our trip. . .

yaksplat

Hopefully when the fountain is brought back online it functions like it originally did with water spraying around from Miss Piggy's crown. The last few times i was there it seemed the fountain was barely functioning like it used to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom