Multiple ride issue this morning. (11/10/12)

menamechris

Lets not forget that Mermaid isn't officially open yet.. it's not even soft open yet... it's previews and dress rehersal.... stuff happens..

Yeah - they have plenty of time to turn off what doesn't work and create b.s. excuses for the rest. Anyway you look at it - it just doesn't bode well to have a brand new attraction with these kinds of glitches. It is currently in the best shape it will ever be in.

secondstartotheright

I personally saw multiple issues on mermaid, including Sebastian having a blue screen of death on his eyes in the finale scene...

Wow.. that's really bad show. I never really understood why Sebastian has projection eyes anyway... I think it looks a little odd.

menamechris

I posted a thread about multiple rides being down and was called a troll???? Has the pixie dust crowd actually given up calling people trolls for pointing out rides that don't work especially when there are multiple rides down???

I just have to say I appreciated your thread. The couple people that attacked you do not represent the majority. I appreciated that you brought up some issues that I have seen recently.....

Bairstow

...including Sebastian having a blue screen of death on his eyes in the finale scene...

Literally or figuratively?

I wouldn't have imagined that Sebastian's eyes would be configured such as to show direct monitor output.

medium_potatoheadbsod.jpg

alissafalco

I posted a thread about multiple rides being down and was called a troll???? Has the pixie dust crowd actually given up calling people trolls for pointing out rides that don't work especially when there are multiple rides down???

Just ignore those people who called you a troll. They are just a small handful of people on here that attack everyone if you say anything negative about Disney. As the OP said they are not the majority.

drkokintz

Original Poster

For what it's worth, I didn't post to complain. I was more curious if (aside from power) if there were any linked systems between rides that could cause multiple ride shutdown at once, or if was just a coincidence. Still had a great time.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
For what it's worth, I didn't post to complain. I was more curious if (aside from power) if there were any linked systems between rides that could cause multiple ride shutdown at once, or if was just a coincidence. Still had a great time.
IIRC there are some attractions that share some common supplies, be it power, water, compressed air.

wickedsoccer22

We rode twice last night (11/10/2012) during the AP previews. I avoided watching any videos of the ride (never seen the DCA version either) so I really do not know what shape it is in...anyway, should the eels have both eyes lit? I just felt it looked bad that each eel going into the Ursula scene each had one eye lit and one eye plain.

Nope. Flotsam and Jetsem each have one yellow eye

224900_1240355883174_full.jpg

wdw71fan

IIRC there are some attractions that share some common supplies, be it power, water, compressed air.

that was the reason for the outage.... pirates and carpets... Mermaid was down for whatever reason.. I don't know.. but it's in test and adjust.. the attraction hasn't even been released by Imagineering to operations yet.[/quote]

WDW1974

Lets not forget that Mermaid isn't officially open yet.. it's not even soft open yet... it's previews and dress rehersal.... stuff happens.. On the first day of public preview I personally saw multiple issues on mermaid, including Sebastian having a blue screen of death on his eyes in the finale scene...

So, is that the excuse? Because this isn't exactly a cutting edge $300 million attraction that's never been done before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom