Multiple ride issue this morning. (11/10/12)

drkokintz

Original Poster
We did the Fantasyland preview this morning, and while in line for little mermaid, the ride stopped working and we exited the area. As we were leaving, we went by PotC. it was down as well. And as we were walking by the Alladin ride, it was also down. Weird to see three attractions suddenly offline. Anyone have any idea why? Connected systems? Power was still on everywhere.

wiigirl

I blame the Overtakers...

lol
75.gif

mousehockey37

That's ok, my dgf has friends that did the wine and dine 1/2 marathon and they were having trouble parking. They were being deterred from EPCOT parking lots (due to fullness) to other areas (DHS, etc.).

If that's true, that sounds like a pretty fatal flaw. You'd think they'd have parking addressed for a big event like that, either having shuttles and stuff. Apparently the people who were being sent elsewhere were told to go somewhere else to park and WALK to EPCOT to participate in the 13.1 mile event.

Briangwen7

Well it wasn't only that day last week I went Splash, thunder, & PotC where all down, and would also stop in the middle of the ride with long waits, boats would crash in to each other.

captainkidd

Is it possible Disney's grand plan for the expansion of Fantasyland wasn't to put good money into attractions, but rather simply create more dining and shopping locations?

Nooooooooooooo.

POTC

I hear Mermaid is in actual worse shape than when the soft openings began. Anyone confirm?
I was just at MK on wednesday and went on mermaid twice. The first time was in the morning and everything was working except usurla was not in sync with the song. I was about to go on again but it was closed. I returned at night and right after the ursula scene (with the screen showing ariel transform) everything stopped working. ll the screens froze, none of the animatronics moved, and no sound. The shells kept moving and once we got to the final scene everything was working again (except the fireworks in.the background). Ill be back in MK today and hopefully ill get on mermaid again

Tip Top Club

I have to say the last time I went on Mermaid (Thursday Night) was the first time I've actually seen everything working. Over the last two months, Every other time I've been on it AT LEAST one animatronic was down. Obviously it's quite inconsistent though.

wdw71fan

Lets not forget that Mermaid isn't officially open yet.. it's not even soft open yet... it's previews and dress rehersal.... stuff happens.. On the first day of public preview I personally saw multiple issues on mermaid, including Sebastian having a blue screen of death on his eyes in the finale scene...

bubbles1812

Lets not forget that Mermaid isn't officially open yet.. it's not even soft open yet... it's previews and dress rehersal.... stuff happens.. On the first day of public preview I personally saw multiple issues on mermaid, including Sebastian having a blue screen of death on his eyes in the finale scene...

Yes but in theory they are supposed to be fixing those issues... if they are getting worse... what exactly does that say?? When the AAs on a brand new attraction are breaking down so consistently, that I see as a huge problem. It should not be like that and to me speaks of poor ride design quality as well as maintenance issues. I guess they should have spent a little more, you know, on the actual ride, as opposed to the queue...

kittybubbles

I hear Mermaid is in actual worse shape than when the soft openings began. Anyone confirm?

We rode twice last night (11/10/2012) during the AP previews. I avoided watching any videos of the ride (never seen the DCA version either) so I really do not know what shape it is in...anyway, should the eels have both eyes lit? I just felt it looked bad that each eel going into the Ursula scene each had one eye lit and one eye plain.

The ride itself stopped on our second time through. We at least stopped at a good point right in front of Ursula's crystal ball so we saw everything that shows in that scene at least once....it is sort of a shame they turn down the audio to a much lower volume while the ride is stopped, but I was glad we were no in some plain boring 'hallway' or something. The ride was moving very slow at some points, so maybe the stop was due to a guest's assistance w/ off load or something, but it was a longer stop than what should have taken fit that.

But things seemed to be working for us on LMA. I assume that are doing nothing to hide so of the mechanics (like the huge bar sticking out of Arieal's back going into that big room dance or something scene).....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom