MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Yes true Luminous is fairly new, though according to some it’s just OK and could use a few tweaks. The DS Drone show is only temporary this year. Yes there are supposedly rumors of more drones coming and maybe something for DAK, but no reliable info on anything yet. I guess even if things do not get announced in August they still have until around the first of 2025 to announce things for Summer 2025, a night parade included in that.
True but to act Disney has nothing in terms of entertainment is just wrong. Also let's not forgot even if they do a nighttime parade it could be like be Light Tragic, or Mickey's Mix Tragic. Be careful what you wish for...

jrhwdw

True but to act Disney has nothing in terms of entertainment is just wrong. Also let's not forgot even if they do a nighttime parade it could be like be Light Tragic, or Mickey's Mix Tragic. Be careful what you wish for...
That is of course if MK is making a Brand New Night Parade without no one knowing......

If MSEP Returns or MK wins PTN(DL's or its own copy) I highly doubt it would turn Tragic. ...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Hopefully they learned from the Humongous debacle that they cannot give a half-hearted effort or they'll be called onto the carpet by a ton of people. They have the blueprint for a successful nighttime parade, particularly one built specifically for MK.

TTA94

I guess my point yes WDW has some good entertainment but it’s not up to par with what it should be or used to be. They can do so much better.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I guess my point yes WDW has some good entertainment but it’s not up to par with what it should be or used to be. They can do so much better.
I'll definitely agree with you there, especially Magic Kingdom entertainment. Besides HEA it's seriously lacking.

TTA94

I will say DL isn’t exactly doing the greatest either entertainment wise, the quality of the new Pixar parade a good example. However they are still doing better than WDW by running their daytime parades at night and create a fun atmosphere with their parade route lighting and onboard float lighting. DL has done this for years though way before PTN and they have been successful at it. Why WDW has not jumped on that band wagon I don’t know. Not the same as a light parade and I would still rather that, but it’s better than nothing.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I will say DL isn’t exactly doing the greatest either entertainment wise, the quality of the new Pixar parade a good example. However they are still doing better than WDW by running their daytime parades at night and create a fun atmosphere with their parade route lighting and onboard float lighting. DL has done this for years though way before PTN and they have been successful at it. Why WDW has not jumped on that band wagon I don’t know. Not the same as a light parade and I would still rather that, but it’s better than nothing.
I'd also like to know what's stopping them from bringing back Once Upon a Time or something similar. I understand maybe not bringing back Once upon a time since the effects are old and outdated especially compared to HEA but give us something newer and better, and I don't mean Enchantment at after hours. Tokyo is getting a new projection new in September maybe they could port that to MK. Marvel is supposed to be in it so maybe just remove that and record it English.

TTA94

I'd also like to know what's stopping them from bringing back Once Upon a Time or something similar. I understand maybe not bringing back Once upon a time since the effects are old and outdated especially compared to HEA but give us something newer and better, and I don't mean Enchantment at after hours. Tokyo is getting a new projection new in September maybe they could port that to MK. Marvel is supposed to be in it so maybe just remove that and record it English.

Exactly. It’s the little things and plussing that needs to happen. HEA is still a great show but maybe add drones and or moat fountains. One day I hope we get the fountains! I am fine with them bringing back a projection show or drone show, as long as it doesn’t happen instead of a nighttime parade.

jrhwdw

Exactly. It’s the little things and plussing that needs to happen. HEA is still a great show but maybe add drones and or moat fountains. One day I hope we get the fountains! I am fine with them bringing back a projection show or drone show, as long as it doesn’t happen instead of a nighttime parade.
Or impact HEA in a negative way!

TTA94

Or impact HEA in a negative way!

I highly doubt adding drones and moat fountains would hurt HEAs popularity lol. But realistically those effects will likely be saved for whatever eventually replaces HEA. Hard pill to swallow I know lol but one day they will get the nerve up again to attempt a replacement. Right now HEA is the strongest entertainment offering they have, well and F!.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I don't think adding drones are fountains to the main show will help, especially since I think that will only crowd the hub. I would add projection water screens and fountains to the ROA, it would help re-direct crowds away from the hub/Main Street. Although I doubt any big upgrade would come while hea is still running, I think they're going to wait till it's eventual replacement. But I will say the castle projections need updating, there blurry and dim now, it needs to be fixed back to how they looked in 2017/2018.

TTA94

I don't think adding drones are fountains to the main show will help, especially since I think that will only crowd the hub. I would add projection water screens and fountains to the ROA, it would help re-direct crowds away from the hub/Main Street. Although I doubt any big upgrade would come while hea is still running, I think they're going to wait till it's eventual replacement. But I will say the castle projections need updating, there blurry and dim now, it needs to be fixed back to how they looked in 2017/2018.

Yup. One thing they could do to ease into a HEA replacement is to bring back Wishes. It would be a well received temporary replacement for awhile, then go back into a modern new show. Yes many still will whine and complain about HEA being gone but it wouldn’t be As bad as jumping from HEA right into a new show where it will be picked apart in every way, just like Enchantment.

Touchdown

Yup. One thing they could do to ease into a HEA replacement is to bring back Wishes. It would be a well received temporary replacement for awhile, then go back into a modern new show. Yes many still will whine and complain about HEA being gone but it wouldn’t be As bad as jumping from HEA right into a new show where it will be picked apart in every way, just like Enchantment.
Not everyone is in love with Wishes, for instance my list of favorite Disney Castle Shows I’ve seen live:
5 Star shows:
1. Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime
2. Holiday Wishes
3. Happily Ever After
4. Halloween Screams
5. Disneyland Forever
6. Remember Dream Come True
7. Hallowishes
8. MK 4th of July

4 Star Shows:
9. Not So Scary Spooktacular
10. Enchantment

3 Star Shows:
11. Believe in Holiday Magic
12. Wishes
13. Fantasy in the Sky 25

2 Star Show:
14. Mickeys Mix Magic

I really don’t understand the love, Remember had all the best part of Wishes plus the Disneyland dedication and then E Ride in the Sky. Wishes was so old.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom