MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

MagicHappens1971

How reliable is that info re a cross country trip? I feel like that is an excuse to cover Disney that has been repeated so much that it is now accepted as true.
It’s accepted as true because many of us on here saw the damage that MSEP incurred upon its final return to Disneyland many years ago. That could also be in part due to the poor condition that TDO gave it to them in. I don’t think that Disney will ship MSEP back to WDW, either way.

jrhwdw

It’s accepted as true because many of us on here saw the damage that MSEP incurred upon its final return to Disneyland many years ago. That could also be in part due to the poor condition that TDO gave it to them in. I don’t think that Disney will ship MSEP back to WDW, either way.
1 Float was lost when it came back to DL in 2017. Must of happened in transit because that did work in MK in Oct 2016..

jrhwdw

There must've been some damages during transport because the Mickey unit & some of the spinning ones look in worse shape now than its ever been at WDW. From the sounds of what wdwmagic and few others said, it sounds like a new parade is more likely than MSEP.
Didn't DL referb MSEP before the 2019 & 2022 Runs????

MagicHappens1971

Didn't DL referb MSEP before the 2019 & 2022 Runs????
They refurbed it after it returned to Disneyland in 2016/2017. I don’t know if they did again. I know they added that new float in the 2022 run. Either way the parade is almost 50 years old and needs to be put out of its misery

TTA94

There must've been some damages during transport because the Mickey unit & some of the spinning ones look in worse shape now than its ever been at WDW. From the sounds of what wdwmagic and few others said, it sounds like a new parade is more likely than MSEP.

Agreed. Not defending WDW but a lot can happen in transporting things across country. It may or may not have been WDWs fault for the float damage.

Either way, WDW needs to stop shipping floats instead of investing in their own. And when WDW does build their own night parade floats they need to care for them properly.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Agreed. Not defending WDW but a lot can happen in transporting things across country. It may or may not have been WDWs fault for the float damage.

Either way, WDW needs to stop shipping floats instead of investing in their own. And when WDW does build their own night parade floats they need to care for them properly.

Like Spectromagic? :facepalm: :banghead::cry:

TTA94

People in Anaheim loathed loaning parades to TDO because they had no maintenance facilities and parade floats generally came back in much worse shape than when they were shipped out. Allegedly.

Any light parade MK gets, well maybe with the exception of MSEP as it was, I would imagine will require a new storage and maintenance facility or an overhaul of what’s currently there.

And if there was any backstage parade area construction going on we would hear about it lol. That news would spread like wildfire and they know it lol. Therefore I highly doubt they would be starting any of that work until a parade gets announced.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
People in Anaheim loathed loaning parades to TDO because they had no maintenance facilities and parade floats generally came back in much worse shape than when they were shipped out. Allegedly.
Not really defending Walt Disney World here, but let's be honest. Has TDA really been any better in maintaining their entertainment? Magic Happens broke down multiple times upon its arrival last year and let's not even mention Fantasmic and the multiple times they've let World of Color just rot, and the recent light polls and speakers falling on guests.... Again, not defending Walt Disney World look at current Festival of Fantasy, but Disneyland isn't much better. Let's be honest.

ToTBellHop

Not really defending Walt Disney World here, but let's be honest. Has TDA really been any better in maintaining their entertainment? Magic Happens broke down multiple times upon its arrival last year and let's not even mention Fantasmic and the multiple times they've let World of Color just rot, and the recent light polls and speakers falling on guests.... Again, not defending Walt Disney World look at current Festival of Fantasy, but Disneyland isn't much better. Let's be honest.
DL has fallen far.

TTA94

Something Disneyland should do since they are sitting on MSEP and PTN is upgrade MSEPs lighting to match PTN and combine the two. Maybe not all of MSEPs floats but some. For example put Casey in front of PTNs drum.

Squishy

Something Disneyland should do since they are sitting on MSEP and PTN is upgrade MSEPs lighting to match PTN and combine the two. Maybe not all of MSEPs floats but some. For example put Casey in front of PTNs drum.
At that point it would make more sense to make new floats. MSEP uses a string light approach, PTN does not use string lights, very different theme & technology.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom