mr. pibb

MissM

You can get a Pibb Xtra in the vending machine at the Transportation and Ticket Center. The vending machines right next to the bathroom by the covered smoking area on the Ferry side. Always are available there.

Love likes Pibb so he always gets one on the way home.

Pibb is a Coke product. However, they only sell it in markets where Dr. Pepper is bottled by Pepsi. See, Dr. Pepper is independently bottled. So, they typically have one of the two major bottlers in each market bottle for them; either Coke or Pepsi. In markets where Coke bottles, they won't sell Pibb because it's basically self-competing.

For example, here in Tampa, Dr. Pepper is bottled by Pepsi out of their Lakeland bottling plant, so Pibb is available in 12 packs and such right on the store shelves. But when we stopped in Ormand Beach on our way to St. Augustine last weekend, there was Dr. Pepper in the Coke fountains at McDonalds. Jacksonville must be a Coke-bottles-Dr Pepper market. It's all about who bottles Dr Pepper in your area.

rainfully

You can definitely get Pibb at the Hess stations and at Trail's End at Fort Wilderness. Those are only two places I know of for sure... but I'm sure there are others!

inluvwithbeast

You can get a Pibb Xtra in the vending machine at the Transportation and Ticket Center. The vending machines right next to the bathroom by the covered smoking area on the Ferry side. Always are available there.

Love likes Pibb so he always gets one on the way home.

Pibb is a Coke product. However, they only sell it in markets where Dr. Pepper is bottled by Pepsi. See, Dr. Pepper is independently bottled. So, they typically have one of the two major bottlers in each market bottle for them; either Coke or Pepsi. In markets where Coke bottles, they won't sell Pibb because it's basically self-competing.

For example, here in Tampa, Dr. Pepper is bottled by Pepsi out of their Lakeland bottling plant, so Pibb is available in 12 packs and such right on the store shelves. But when we stopped in Ormand Beach on our way to St. Augustine last weekend, there was Dr. Pepper in the Coke fountains at McDonalds. Jacksonville must be a Coke-bottles-Dr Pepper market. It's all about who bottles Dr Pepper in your area.

In Oklahoma, the only place to get Pibb is a movie theater or on campus at OU. My freshman year I about died because there was only Pibb on tap at the union, caf, etc. Dr. Pepper is definitely bottled by Coke here though. Down in TX. They also bottled DP made with cane sugar. Yumm!!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Around South Central PA, I find it in Sheetz/Wawa's and at Wendy's and Arby's

I wonder if maybe that's a WendysArbys Group requirement thing. Around here Dr Pepper is bottled by Coca-Cola, yet at Wendy's they sell Mr Pibb and not Dr Pepper. :shrug:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I wonder if maybe that's a WendysArbys Group requirement thing. Around here Dr Pepper is bottled by Coca-Cola, yet at Wendy's they sell Mr Pibb and not Dr Pepper. :shrug:

I wonder that too. Dr. Pepper around here is bottled by Coca Cola (or at least I assume it is because it is always in the middle of the Coke section of the aisle) and pretty much the only place I ever see Mr. Pibb in a fountain is at Wendy's. If I went to Arby's I would probably find it there too...but I don't like Arby's. I don't particularly care for Mr. Pibb in a bottle/can. I really only like it from a fountain so that is why I love when I find a Wendy's that has it.

gibson12

I don't expect anyone to actually believe me, but I have a memory of having Dr. Pibb in the restaurant in the Japan pavillion. This would have been either 1982 or 1984. I remember it because it was kind of a special thing for my sister and I since we didn't have it available near us. I haven't tasted it lately, but I remember it being sweeter than most of the other colas.

Figments Friend

I had no idea Pibb was such a rarity some places. I've always thought of it as a staple, like Coke, Pepsi, 7-Up, etc. :shrug:

Yeah, it is...and that is part of the appeal. I know people who make it a hobby of trying all the 'different soda' they can find while visiting other parts of the country. Pibb was at a time only availible in the South and Midwest. Not sure about the West Coast, but in the Northeast i never recall seeing it sold locally until the mid 90s.

I was first introduced to Mr. Pibb when i moved to FL in 1981. I liked Dr. Pepper, but Pibb seemed to be much easier to find in the South. It was completely unheard of in the Northeast. In 1983 i moved back to MA, and i had to go back to my Pepper as Pibb was non-exsistent here. My new favorite soda was now something of the past.....

In the early 90s i traveled out to the midwest, where i was thrilled to discover cases of Mr. Pibb being sold in the local grocery stores. I immediately bought two, and took them home with me back to MA. By the late 90s we finally started getting Mr. Pibb here in the Boston area, and you can now buy it locally all over the state. I had the pleasure of introducing it to many friends who had never heard of it...but which i was well aware of from the past.

Now the soda i miss in my homestate is 'Squirt'...which i like a lot but can only find in the South and Midwest. Once in a blue moon you can find a big huge bottle of it in the supermarket, but it is a great day when you visit FL and can get a can of it out of a vending machine at the local WalMart!

I love regional soda.......

:)

Figments Friend

Thanks for this, as it now answers the question of why for so many years Pibb was not sold where i currantly live!

Makes complete sense...!

gamblepsu

Now the soda i miss in my homestate is 'Squirt'...which i like a lot but can only find in the South and Midwest. Once in a blue moon you can find a big huge bottle of it in the supermarket, but it is a great day when you visit FL and can get a can of it out of a vending machine at the local WalMart!

I love regional soda.......

:)
Oooh yes Squirt :)... only ever find it in 2 liters here (and not at the chain stores, only the local grocery stores seem to carry it)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom