Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It! Street Party to be updated later this year

WDWLover#1

Interesting. Hopefully the music will be more traditional disney than the pop music from hannah montana. But it would've been better just to get rid. Maybe they saw FoF and saw how lame it looked in comparison. I bet George K is behind this though. Since he replaced Witch Meg the resort seems to be fixing itself bit by bit. Hopefully it continues to happen. But I still don't like the fact it's still here.

Last edited:

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
It'll be a good to have an update to this. While some (me?) may argue that it's very out of place rolling down an historic Main Street, the same can be said for any parade that doesn't involve a small marching band and a bunch of Shriners.
That aside, the street party is a surprising little people eater that can be an enjoyable distraction. It also adds some energy and atmosphere to the park entrance. Things like this add the extra little touches that tend to separate Disney from other competition.
Hopefully once the Hub improvements are finished, it might end up being less of a trouble trying to get across the hub when there seems to always be a party/parade/show going on clogging the streets.
It's easy to fall into the "I wish they would just start adding more E-tickets" line of argument, but every little improvement does help.

deix15x8

Shame there removing the Mad Hatter. It's the only place left in the parks that he appears. Now 1900 Park Fare will be the only place in WDW that he can even be seen. Does make sense from a business perspective though. When they removed the Alice in Wonderland float from the day time parade that left him with just this parade to do for the whole day.

WDWLover#1

Shame there removing the Mad Hatter. It's the only place left in the parks that he appears. Now 1900 Park Fare will be the only place in WDW that he can even be seen. Does make sense from a business perspective though. When they removed the Alice in Wonderland float from the day time parade that left him with just this parade to do for the whole day.
He's also in the Festival of Fantasy parade

DisneyGentleman

I bet George K is behind this though. Since he replaced Witch Meg the resort seems to be fixing itself bit by bit. Hopefully it continues to happen. But I still don't like the fact it's still here.
I know I keep harping on it, but get used to these. They are cheap, they are a people eater, and they appeal to the demographic that WDW is targeting. The stuff those of us here long for is part of a demo that is history as far as TDO is concerned.

midwest_mice

It would be great if they threw in some classic 70s 80s tunes that the parents along with the kids enjoy:
Mickey by Toni Basil, Freeze Frame, Locomotion, celebration by kool and the gang, etc.
I did like the little pyro they have thrown in at the end of the shows now.

mm52200

He's in FoF and hopefully he'll be added back to doing M&G's with Alice in MK. He used to do them in MK with her before MiSiCi came along.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
This means that there will be no more park appearances by Sebastian. :( I dunno, I guess I liked having three party-type characters with the show. Now it's just a continued oversaturation of the Fab Four.
The other changes, though, I anticipate appreciating.

mm52200

Expect several other changes to the show, rumors are swirling but I've heard completely different music (no more pumping up the party now) a new look for the floats, lots of different characters (perhaps some of the popular characters from the Rock your Disney Side Event) and a few other things as well.
I'll miss the original soundtrack but the show has run for over five years now, changes and updates are always good to entertainment. Hopefully some rare characters will be added like you mentioned.

doctornick

Expect several other changes to the show, rumors are swirling but I've heard completely different music (no more pumping up the party now) a new look for the floats, lots of different characters (perhaps some of the popular characters from the Rock your Disney Side Event) and a few other things as well.

That sounds very nice. I just wonder why they couldn't put that money towards a new parade in DHS instead -- needs to far more than MK does.

WDWLover#1

I thought of a really good idea to replace this show. Theme it after disney afternoon. It'd be performed once a day. It'd come down main street to this-

And the theme would be games to play with the kids utilisig numerous disney characters. For example you could have a hula hoop contest with this-

Its a simple idea but utilizing these songs feels more disney to me. They could have baloo on one side king louie on the other. I don't know it just sounde (in my head at least) better than the misici we've got now. They could use other disney afternoon themes and create games out of them as well or maybe change the lyrics to fit-heck maybe write new stuff. It would then head down main street with this-

I just feel if they did this or something similar it'd feel more disney than misici.

MotherOfBirds

Elsa and Frozone will appear on a new float made entirely of ice and Dreams™

But in all seriousness, I sincerely hope they will be ditching the Disney Channel costumes and music. I can die happy if I never see another newsboy cap again.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I can die happy if I never see another newsboy cap again.
chi-newsies-broadway-review-20120329-001.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom