Most Intimate Signature Dining Location

SpaceMountain77

Original Poster
Hi everyone,

We would like to have a truly memorable evening at a signature dining location, one that does not feel as though it is turing tables quickly to cater to the masses.

Aside from Victoria & Albert's, which locations are the smallest and most private?

Thanks!

Demeter Tess

I wouldn't say it's a "small" restaurant, but I was very impressed with our service at the California Grill. We were seated in a small room off the main floor, with maybe half a dozen other couples seated near us. Our waiter was excellent and gave us undivided attention, and if you book a table during "Wishes" you can go out to the observation deck mid-meal (for us, it was between dinner and dessert - perfect timing!) to watch. Highly recommended for a special occasion!

OneDNP

Our last trip we did a lot of signatures, but our overall best was Cali Grill in the lounge, rather than the main dining area. My experience at Jiko was with a group of 10, but I remember feeling it would be a lovely date night. HBD, Flying Fish, and Citricos were more hectic than you might prefer, though we had good meals.

Andy_0410

You can eat anytime at CG and go back later for the fireworks. Is an awesome experiance go every visit now. Can be abit loud and busy in the main room. Have been in the small side room and that was a lot more intimate
Would reccommend artist point at wilderness lodge that is small and intimate
Is it a special occasion?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hi everyone,

We would like to have a truly memorable evening at a signature dining location, one that does not feel as though it is turing tables quickly to cater to the masses.

Aside from Victoria & Albert's, which locations are the smallest and most private?

Thanks!
I would avoid any in-park location. Lots of families around, who are looking to get in and out quickly, and it all creates a somewhat busy atmosphere.

Jiko would certainly be high on my list.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/jiko-the-cooking-place.htm

ABQ

I would avoid any in-park location. Lots of families around, who are looking to get in and out quickly, and it all creates a somewhat busy atmosphere.

Jiko would certainly be high on my list.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/jiko-the-cooking-place.htm
I agree with Steve entirely. Though I admit I am biased towards Jiko as it's my favourite restaurant on property. I'd shy away from California Grill, though the food and service are great, the atmosphere lacks more on intimacy than most. Though few of the restaurants around the property have much in terms of privacy, not many booths you can hide in.
I'd look at Jiko, Artist Point in the WL and Citricos in the GF.

Hockey89

I agree with Steve entirely. Though I admit I am biased towards Jiko as it's my favourite restaurant on property. I'd shy away from California Grill, though the food and service are great, the atmosphere lacks more on intimacy than most. Though few of the restaurants around the property have much in terms of privacy, not many booths you can hide in.
I'd look at Jiko, Artist Point in the WL and Citricos in the GF.
I would avoid Cal Grill as well... The atmosphere has turned into a circus which is too bad.... Jiko would be a great choice... Artist point is not a bad option either....

DisDadWoz

Jiko would be great as well as Citricos. If you want to do something different than signature dining may I suggest going to Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar. Very intimate and you can enjoy a nice wine and some smaller food items. It was an awesome way for us to spend some time together and relax.

ABQ

Jiko would be great as well as Citricos. If you want to do something different than signature dining may I suggest going to Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar. Very intimate and you can enjoy a nice wine and some smaller food items. It was an awesome way for us to spend some time together and relax.
Shhh, that's my favourite lunch place for 2 and rarely have to wait. Don't want the word getting out! Honestly never had much more to eat than the charcuterie plate though. It's a great place indeed.

mouse_luv

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

I'd choose Jiko as well. I would avoid Le Cellier as someone suggested previously, since they sit everyone so closely that it feels like the next couple/family is sitting right on top of you, also it can get very loud and hectic.

DisDadWoz

Shhh, that's my favourite lunch place for 2 and rarely have to wait. Don't want the word getting out! Honestly never had much more to eat than the charcuterie plate though. It's a great place indeed.
Okay, we'll keep it on the down low. Yes, we also love having a few bites of meat and then some cheese to go along with some nice wine. Great place to cool off when it's hot and sunny as well!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We love many of the Signatures but for more slow pace and intimate Artist Point @ Wilderness Lodge is never really packed or noisy and more intimate. But we really love also Cali Grill, Le Cellier, Jiko, HBD, etc. :)

britdaw

My husband and I really, really loved California Grill. We mentioned that we were celebrating my birthday as well as our anniversary, and they treated us like royalty. We absolutely adored the food and the service, and the ambiance of the entire place was amazing. GREAT date night!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom