most comfortable shoes for the park?

Jess G

Hey all .... I've been to Disney a dozen times and still haven't found a sneaker or sandal that I'm comfortable with... wondering if anyone has a suggestion? I have flat feet and it's ALWAYS a struggle.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I have yet to find one that my feet don't get extremely sore after the first 3-4 days. But I do keep my feet better supported with Spenco full ortho insoles that works the best for my feet. And I use Bombas brand socks and don't get blisters with them and my Nike's with the spenco inserts. (Used to always get blisters before switching to Bombas socks) Tried sandals, gowalks, crocs, and numerous others to no avail. I do bring 2 pairs of the Nike's and swap out each day to not use the same shoe the whole time. This helps too. But my feet probably from 3-4th day until day 13-14 are killing me! And throb like crazy when I sit.:cry::bored::arghh: :)

Upvote 0

Sans Souci

I swear by the Maia sandal by Ahnu. It's the 2015 version and not the 2016 version. They completely changed the sandal this year. I wore these sandals everywhere--including WDW in blazing heat. I even bought another pair this year, even though they were difficult to find. Sadness.They are so comfortable-no blisters or chafing.

ahnu-women-s-maia-sandal.jpg

Upvote 0

Jess G

Original Poster
I swear by the Maia sandal by Ahnu. It's the 2015 version and not the 2016 version. They completely changed the sandal this year. I wore these sandals everywhere--including WDW in blazing heat. I even bought another pair this year, even though they were difficult to find. Sadness.They are so comfortable-no blisters or chafing.

View attachment 166741

I'm going to look for this on amazon

Upvote 0

Herdman

My wife has flat feet, and she can only wear special fitted New Balance sneakers if she is going to do much walking. They work great for her. I wear New Balance off the shelf with great success.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

(I think @mouse_luv and I are footwear twins.)

My family walks 10+ miles every day at WDW and despite my giant, wide, flat feet, I have never had a blister. Here's our M.O.:

- Mornings: good-quality running sneakers (well broken-in; I choose running shoes instead of cross-trainers because they tend to have thicker, softer padding and more breathability -- my current favorites are a Skechers shoe with memory foam). We pair them with moisture-wicking socks for pounding the pavement at rope drop and touring briskly through lunchtime.

- Afternoon/evening: supportive hiking sandals (e.g., Tevas or similar). Our evening itinerary is more relaxed and sandals look "dressier" for dinner ADRs. Changing footwear mid-day also helps keep our feet refreshed and blister-free.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
I love Crocs flip flops. They've never let me or my feet down. We're park commandos and I have done as much as 16 plus hours with no problems. That being said what ever you think you want to wear try them on in the store and walk around it until people think you're crazy for being in them so long! When you get home break them in well. Good luck.

Upvote 0

mouse_luv

(I think @mouse_luv and I are footwear twins.)

My family walks 10+ miles every day at WDW and despite my giant, wide, flat feet, I have never had a blister. Here's our M.O.:

- Mornings: good-quality running sneakers (well broken-in; I choose running shoes instead of cross-trainers because they tend to have thicker, softer padding and more breathability -- my current favorites are a Skechers shoe with memory foam). We pair them with moisture-wicking socks for pounding the pavement at rope drop and touring briskly through lunchtime.

- Afternoon/evening: supportive hiking sandals (e.g., Tevas or similar). Our evening itinerary is more relaxed and sandals look "dressier" for dinner ADRs. Changing footwear mid-day also helps keep our feet refreshed and blister-free.
I would have to agree with all of the above. :)

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

The only shoes I have found that leave me blister free are the seriously ugly crocs, I feel like I have clown feet but have never go a blister and I have blistered with every other shoes I tried and any kind of tennis shoes are the worst, i'ts not the shoes it's the socks.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

We just got back a few weeks ago and for the first time in years, my feet were not sore at all like they usually are. I wore a pair of New Balance Zante v2, fresh foams...and they were amazing! So comfortable and even in the rain, they stayed dry which was really surprising. They are lightweight. I actually ordered a black pair for my February trip. I didn't even need to break them in, it was wonderful!

Upvote 0

LowesChevy

Flat footed, high instep, Wide D width wearer here. A visit to a local show store that has a pedorthist on staff might be a great start. They can perform a digital foot analysis and help with shoe fitting.

The best luck I have had is with Brooks sneakers and visiting a podiatrist. Not saying you need to visit one, but if you continue to struggle with your feet it wouldn't hurt. Brooks website has a shoe fitter questionnaire that you answer and they offer you the best suggestions based on their shoe models.

It actually started when I twisted my ankle and consequently needed foot x-rays where they found bone spurs and plantar faciitus. I was fitted for a custom plastic orthodic and after getting used to having a piece of plastic in my shoe, I can't stand not to wear them in my shoes.

Upvote 0

Miceberg

Hello fellow flatfooter! I HIGHLY recommend Skechers On the Go shoes. They are lightweight, dry fast if they get wet and have a super comfy footbed. I have worn them on several trips to WDW and DLR and have had the best results; no blisters, no aching feet or legs after a long day in the park. I even got caught in a torrential downpour where my shoes were soaked - still no blisters or rubbing and the shoes dried quickly.

skechers-womens-skechers-on-the-go-upwind-boat-shoes-13788-107g-a4400a35f9527507a714b5aa9d413c1f.jpg

Upvote 0

kaitertot5249

I LOVE Keds Crashbacks for a lightweight comfortable sneaker and I agree with switching between sneakers and sandals either daily or morning to afternoon.

Upvote 0

Disneyfreak Jen

I have an old pair of Nike Pegasus (6 yrs old) that I only wear now for Disney.
I was going to retire these and get the Sketchers Go Walk with the Goga mat insole, but I didn't have a chance before I left. I have a pair of those for work....I stand 100% of the time on concrete floors and those shoes are wonderful. Look for the Goga mat insole, not the memory foam.

Upvote 0

LeighM

This was my first trip without receiving one blister!! I only wore one pair of tennis shoes and that was my Reebok RealFlex Transition shoes (which have extra padding around the heel), soft cushioned socks (last year my socks caused just as many problems as my shoes), with Dr. Scholls Active Series inserts for extra support. My feet never hurt once. In years past, I wore many different types of Skechers including the GoWalk series but none were as comfortable as these Reeboks. I continued to wear my Teva sandals (the type that are adjustable and hook around the ankle) for rainy days bc they provide more traction. Around the resort I wore my Croc sandals or my Sanuk flip flops.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom