most comfortable shoes for the park?

Jess G

Hey all .... I've been to Disney a dozen times and still haven't found a sneaker or sandal that I'm comfortable with... wondering if anyone has a suggestion? I have flat feet and it's ALWAYS a struggle.

MickeyMomV

We bring a couple pairs of running shoes each (Asics are the current brand of choice) and at least 1 pair of sandals, usually our Keens. The biggest thing is making sure you have shoes that fit you properly and wear them with proper socks that wick away the moisture. My DH always bought size 9.5 shoes because he said has always been a size 9.5. Well I brought him to a running shoe store and they took actual measurements and watch his walk/run and it turns out he is a size 8.5. At the same time we loaded him up on moisture wicking, non-cotton socks. Ever since making these changes 2-3 years ago he said it has been a night and day difference. His feet are not as sore and he does not get near as many blisters.

Upvote 0

KordovaJD

Can't go wrong here.

e2c4d9d2ab04218e8c186948e9ab7324.jpg

You can even get them for you dog.

https://www.disneystore.com/pet-acc...hew-toy/mp/1387882/1029726/?CMP=KNC-DSSGoogle

Upvote 0

NeedMoreMickey

Flat footed, high instep, Wide D width wearer here. A visit to a local show store that has a pedorthist on staff might be a great start. They can perform a digital foot analysis and help with shoe fitting.

The best luck I have had is with Brooks sneakers and visiting a podiatrist. Not saying you need to visit one, but if you continue to struggle with your feet it wouldn't hurt. Brooks website has a shoe fitter questionnaire that you answer and they offer you the best suggestions based on their shoe models.

It actually started when I twisted my ankle and consequently needed foot x-rays where they found bone spurs and plantar faciitus. I was fitted for a custom plastic orthodic and after getting used to having a piece of plastic in my shoe, I can't stand not to wear them in my shoes.

Another vote for Brooks sneakers. I only use my sneakers for walking, not a runner and right out of the box are great. When I was a kid I would tell my parents my shoes are worn out and they would think I was crazy. Turns out with my flat feet I would notice quicker the inside of the shoe breaking down before the outside. Now after about 7-8 months I use a pair of orthotics that give me a couple more months of wear. I get my shoes at a local running store where they also sell walking sneakers.

Upvote 0

YozhikRoth

I think socks are just as important as the shoes (I always bring a well-broken in pair of sneakers). In the past I was susceptible to blisters, so a friend pointed me to a line of moisture-wicking socks sold at BJs. During my trip in February, no blisters over the entire week....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom