Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
...and no one ever posted a rumor again....

:lol:
And thats a bad thing????? :lookaroun Think of all the temper tantrums and posts from Grumpy of Boston that would save. :)

there's a difference between a rumour and total speculation, a fine line but neither worth getting hyper about, especially if it leads to the ultimate anti climax of recent years.

xsupaxmanxsfnex

I have actually always had this idea. Seriously you can ask my mom haha. But I really think it would be fun having a fast pace ride flying on doors with the story tied in in a clever way. Go Imagineers go!

rcpocetti

From Jim Hill Renowned Disney Expert

This family-friendly attraction will be housed inside of Soundstage One. Though -- in order to queue up for this ride -- WDW Guests will first have to go around to the backside of this building and then enter through the old Jim Henson Creature Shop.
Here, they'll find an elaborate recreation of the Monsters, Inc. lobby. With Ceilia (You know? Mike Wazowski's one-eyed, snake-haired girlfriend?) working behind the reception desk. Given that this attraction will be set in the post-film world (After monsters have learned that laughter is 10 times more powerful than screams), Monsters, Inc. is holding an open house today. Actually inviting humans in the Monster world to come tour their energy-gathering facility.
Speaking of energy-gathering ... As they make their way through the queue, Disney World visitors will periodically encounter scream / laugh cannisters with funnels sticking up out of them. These Guests will then be encouraged to scream / laugh into these funnels. Which will cause the sides of these cannisters to light up and reveal how much energy was just gathered.
As they make their way up to the attraction's load area, these WDW visitors will learn that this Open House is all Mike Wazowski's idea. That -- along the route that their coaster is supposed to travel through the Door Hangar -- this wiley one-eyed monster has placed even more scream / laugh cannisters. Which will then collect all of the energy that these humans produce as they scream & laugh their way through this attraction.
These Guests will then board a train that's two seats wide and eight-to-ten cars long. After chugging up the lifthill past show scenes where Mike & Sulley will quickly recap the backstory of this attraction, these WDW visitors will drop down into the Door Hangar building. Where they then quickly whip past various comic tableaus featuring some of the more memorable characters from the "Monsters, Inc." film. Not to mention some far-too-close encounters with huge scare / laugh cannisters (Whose sides -- once again reinforcing this attraction's interactive aspect -- will light up depending on how loudly the Guests on board that particular coaster train scream).
As for the finale of this two-minute-long attraction ... Well, it seems that these Disney World visitors will produce so much energy with all of their screams & laughter that the cannisters in the Door Hangar just can't contain it all. So there's this huge explosion near the end with bright lights & smoke. And just before their train rolls back into the station, these Guests will see a slightly charred versions of Mike & Sulley. With Wazowski telling his big blue friend "I think we need to get some bigger cannisters." WDI's looking to spend some serious dough here. Even the exterior of this show building will be reworked so that it then closely resembles the exterior of the Door Hangar building that we all saw in the movie.
Mind you, Mike, Sulley & Ceilia aren't the only Pixar characters who will be moving into this soon-to-be-Super-sized version of Pixar Place.

The Imagineers are also getting ready to retheme the "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure" around "A Bug's Life
ir
."
Don't believe me? Okay. Then click on over to the official Disney World website. Then access the DHS "Attractions" listings section on that site. Please note this 17-year-old Backlot attraction is now just called "Movie Set Adventure." That -- in preparation for the coming retheming -- the "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
ir
" portion of this attraction's name has already quietly been dropped.

Mad Stitch

I can’t see how a suspended coaster is going to fit inside sound stage 1. The load and unload stations yes, the whole coaster no. :shrug:

smalld

I can’t see how a suspended coaster is going to fit inside sound stage 1. The load and unload stations yes, the whole coaster no. :shrug:

I think there is room there for a coaster. I think the queue would be very small like up and down up and down and maybe a extension outside. then that would give them a bigger space to work with. Remember a coaster can go under itself so i think there is room :)

~smalld

wickedfan07

Well if this turns out to be true, I will be pleased. I'm happy with another roller coaster in WDW, and I'm happy with the level of detail supposedly going into this attraction.

One concern: with the upcoming retheme of the "Movie Set Adventure," I hope that WDI changes the location of the entrance to actually be on Pixar Place. I WILL be upset if they start trying to shoehorm Pixar attractions into the Streets of America. Move the entrance to actually be on Pixar Place, and I will be happy with that refurbishment as well.

Taking old, tired, or empty spaces and making them into new things is a good move--Pixar or not. Hopefully some other important spots in the park see some important non-Pixar makeovers soon. For now, I'm okay with the Pixar additions.

On a related note: Since this new Monsters, Inc. attraction is supposedly set to follow almost the exact same storyline as the infamous Laugh Floor, might we see a premature end to that attraction? I realize it is in a different park, but the new attractions risks being rather redundant. Perhaps Mike Wazaowski will have moved onto bigger nd better open houses by the time this coaster opens and we can see another new attraction in Tomorrowland.

Something else I thought was interesting: the queue for this attraction is supposed to loop around, if not begin, on the backside of the building. Goodbye Backlot Tour, hello greatly exapanded Pixar Place. Maybe this area is where they'll eventually be putting in that mock-up of Gusteau's, too.

Exciting stuff, if it's all true.

rcpocetti

Also

also in case your wondering this new attraction is supposed to be up and running by fall 2011. As for the attraction itself ... WDI's looking to spend some serious dough here. Even the exterior of this show building will be reworked so that it then closely resembles the exterior of the Door Hangar building that we all saw in the movie.

Harry456

i did not see Jim Hill say suspended roller coaster. Is it just assumed it will be a suspended coaster? I can see how people are assumed this, but is it semi-confirmed it is suspended?

i ask these question because i love suspended roller coaster and i was waiting for a this type of coaster in Disney World! (of course, this would mean Jim Hill is right.)

one more point, i like the idea of the laughter/scream canister in the queue line, but it might get a little annoying:
-"Hey Mom, i love this queue *AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!* line. I mean, it has all the Monster *LOUD AND ANNOYING LAUGH* Inc. characters." :hammer:

Mad Stitch

I was thinking inverted as reported in this thread when I said suspended, my bad. But still, even wrapping around itself I don't think there is room in the sound stage. It would have to leave the back of building at some point and have a Monsters Inc. factory facade to block the view from inside the park.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
What's with all the advertising links in the OP? :confused:

I realize that JHM is full of them, but if you copy and paste, do they come along for the ride also?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom