Monorail crash?

boo52

yellowrocket said:
12 trains, eh? These are the Mark VI? or Mark VII?

Is this right?
+ Monorail Red
+ Monorail Yellow
+ Monorail Blue
+ Monorail Black
+ Monorail Purple
+ Monorail Orange
+ Monorail Pink
+ Monorail Green
+ Monorail Silver
+ Monorail Gold

+ Monorail Lime
+ Monorail Coral
Yes, your 12 colors are correct. WDW monorails are Mark VI's. Disneyland's are Mark V's. There are no such thing as Mark VII's. Yet.

yellowrocket

boo52 said:
Yes, your 12 colors are correct. WDW monorails are Mark VI's. Disneyland's are Mark V's. There are no such thing as Mark VII's. Yet.

I'm full of questions... I guess its the fact that I'm looking at my Monorial Black racing around my Christmas tree (i wish it were quieter).

So, I'm guessing the new fleet that the WDI is designing for Disneyland will be Mark VII's? (http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al112905a.htm).

What would the Tokyo Resort Line be considered? Does it classify at all?

Or, the Las Vegas line? Do those count? Maybe Mark IVb? I mean, even though they have a different nose cone, they are certainly based on Disney/Alweg/Bombadier/Ride&Show technology... the windows betray their origin.

As for colors... anybody know how Tokyo's Resort Line is named?

What about Disneyland? Is this correct?
+ Monorail Red
+ Monorail Blue
+ Monorail Purple
+ Monorail Orange (currently out of service for reverse-engineering)

ccierpial

Is there any website with tons of Disneyworld and Disneyland monorail info? Maybe a blog of everyday life of a monorail pilot/ I want to eventually become a monrail pilot but would like to read more about it online

boo52

yellowrocket said:
So, I'm guessing the new fleet that the WDI is designing for Disneyland will be Mark VII's? (http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al112905a.htm).
Not sure if they wil call trhem Mark VII's or not. From my understanding, the Mark V's chassis were the Mark III's. So it is possible.
yellowrocket said:
Or, the Las Vegas line? Do those count? Maybe Mark IVb? I mean, even though they have a different nose cone, they are certainly based on Disney/Alweg/Bombadier/Ride&Show technology... the windows betray their origin.
The ones in Las Vegas are Bombardier MVI or M6 monorails. The only other style they have manufactered is the UMIII monorail. (Tampa airport has one). When Disney and Bombardier worked on the design of the Mark VI, Disney owns the rights to the design of the nosecone and Bombardier owns the rights to the rest of the trains design. Which is why the cars in Vegas look similar to WDW's. So yes the Vegas train is a Mark VI design. Hence the name MVI.[/QUOTE] The ones in Las Vegas are Bombardier
yellowrocket said:
As for colors... anybody know how Tokyo's Resort Line is named?
As for Tokyo, it is the largest of all the Disney monorails. It was built at Full scale. Each of there trains has a capacity of around 520 people. WDW's is 2nd with around 360. The monorails are driverless. They have 5 trains. Blue, Purple, Green, Yellow, and Peach.
yellowrocket said:
What about Disneyland? Is this correct?
+ Monorail Red
+ Monorail Blue
+ Monorail Purple
+ Monorail Orange (currently out of service for reverse-engineering)
Yes

TheOneVader

boo52 said:
The ones in Las Vegas are Bombardier MVI or M6 monorails. The only other style they have manufactered is the UMIII monorail. (Tampa airport has one). When Disney and Bombardier worked on the design of the Mark VI, Disney owns the rights to the design of the nosecone and Bombardier owns the rights to the rest of the trains design. Which is why the cars in Vegas look similar to WDW's. So yes the Vegas train is a Mark VI design. Hence the name MVI. The ones in Las Vegas are Bombardier

I don't know for sure since I haven't been to Las Vegas in ages, but I heard that in Las Vegas they use the actual old Disney World monorails. I heard soemone noticed a WDW logo on the monorails, even.

TimeTrip

TheOneVader said:
I don't know for sure since I haven't been to Las Vegas in ages, but I heard that in Las Vegas they use the actual old Disney World monorails. I heard soemone noticed a WDW logo on the monorails, even.

They used to, until they were replaced with a newer design.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
TimeTrip said:
They used to, until they were replaced with a newer design.

2_TTS-Monorail-Las-Vegas_Ext04.jpg

mrtoad

TheOneVader said:

Not to be a downer, but the old WDW monorails that went to Vegas have been removed and at this link you can see what happened to some of them (made me want to cry), scroll down.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/karl/ht040715kb.htm

carolina_yankee

I didn't realize Las Vegas was investing in such an extensive network. We rode it for just a coupe of stops in 2001 - could have walked faster than the crowds and wait time waiting for the trains, but at least it was cooler.

Does anyone know that status of Seattle's potential expansion, or any of the other cities mentioned in the MousePlanet 2004 article?

Dirk

tom32819

here goes more debates

hi,

sorry to ad more fuel to the fire but here i go. i was told by a former momorail cm from early 70's to mid 80's that on the mark iv monorails you could flip some of the control breakers for the mapo safety system that could allow one monorail to get to close to another & allow the possiibility of an accident.

boo52

tom32819 said:
hi,

sorry to ad more fuel to the fire but here i go. i was told by a former momorail cm from early 70's to mid 80's that on the mark iv monorails you could flip some of the control breakers for the mapo safety system that could allow one monorail to get to close to another & allow the possiibility of an accident.
And they are on the Mark VI monorails too. It is called a MAPO overide button and is a commonly used button in Monorails. But you can only use it when instructed to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom