Monorail crash?

MonoRon

mpaul32001 said:
Yes, the tractor is what crashed into it, not another monorail...I have been calling it tow vehicle. lol! couldn't find the word for it. Nobody really has to believe me if they don't want to...But I am a trustable person.

oh okay i thought you meant that they were using another monorail. I could see the tractor crashing into it.

MissM

Original Poster
The initial rumor I heard stated a second monorail. It's been clarified though that it wasn't an actual monorail - seriously doubtful from the start and part of why I questioned the validity of the rumor! - but a tow train.

I'd like to see the image too. I'd be happy to host if if need be. You can drop me a PM or email me (missm@giveneyestosee.com) and I'll be happy to post it for you.
-m

yellowrocket

Speaking of Monorail Yellow... a little OT, but did anyone every have the 'Monorail Yellow' cocktail drink at the Outer Rim bar in the Contemporary before they disconinued it? Yummy... I think it was like Pina Colada mix, Rum, and Pinapple Juice on the rocks...

Pic has been sent to MissM to post, anybody have suggestions on where to host future pics?

Yellowrocket, I remember the drink - but what I miss was the old wrap-around sports ticker they had around the bar. I do fantasy football and baseball and they would scroll the scores plus individual stats which was awesome in the days before internet on cell phones!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
gregwardlow said:
Pic has been sent to MissM to post, anybody have suggestions on where to host future pics?

Yellowrocket, I remember the drink - but what I miss was the old wrap-around sports ticker they had around the bar. I do fantasy football and baseball and they would scroll the scores plus individual stats which was awesome in the days before internet on cell phones!

Why not right here on WDWMagic?

You can post it in your own photo album. :wave:

I guess nobody was able to get any pics of the damage to Monorail Yellow?? Didnt someone mention that the front window that popped out of the cab was laying on the floor in the contemporary?

There wasn't any debris in the Contemporary, Yellow had broken down just outside the Magic Kingdom by the bus depot so that's where the collision happened. We saw it stuck there and listened for a minute while two managers on the ground yelled instructions up to the driver, and kept asking "did that do anything?" We left after a bit and on the way saw the tractor coming out from the roundhouse (sorry, those pics came out blurry) and almost walked back to watch but went to watch the fireworks instead.

NautOneFL

gregwardlow said:
Does this one work?

Makes me wonder though... what is with the wraparound cage? Seems that for what they do a simple rail should suffice, but I notice that the roof is caged also.

And where is the damage to this? Not seeing it myself!

-J

It's on the left side of the picture you referenced, NautOne. If you look the right side the "cage" is intact, on the left the middle section is missing. I watched them remove the bent up section that used to be attached there.

colliera

Just wondering?

mpaul32001 said:
. . . This had also shut the express monorail down for the night right at park closing! What a Mess! . . .

I wonder why they just didn't run the route backward between TTC, Poly, GF and MK. Isn't that why there are cabs at both ends?

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
colliera said:
I wonder why they just didn't run the route backward between TTC, Poly, GF and MK. Isn't that why there are cabs at both ends?

We wondered that ourselves. On our last day, we were heading back to the GF from MK and we sat on the track, at about the same spot where it sounds like this happened, waiting for a broke monorail (orange, I think) to move that was in the Contemporary. They said that it was more broke than they thought and we backed into the MK station. They said to take the express or the boat. I actually heard a few people say, "But we are going to the Contemporary! How do we get there?" :hammer:
Anyway, we wondered if it was possible to just run a train from the MK to the TTC and then back by going in both directions and avoiding the Contemporary. Is that ever done? The park was actually pretty busy that day, so we were trying to come up with a way to handle the crowds without overloading those tiny boats. Come to think of it, we ended up on one of the bigger yellow boats that usually goes to the WL but they switched because of all the people that were in line - it was probably at least 5 of those little boats worth. No everyone got on the boat that they did have.

BwanaBob

AMH97 said:
Anyway, we wondered if it was possible to just run a train from the MK to the TTC and then back by going in both directions and avoiding the Contemporary. Is that ever done?

Once a train goes down, all traffic will eventually stop on that 'line'.... for the same reasons why what happened the other day > safety. If there is work being done on the line/train ...any work... all traffic stops. There are no chances taken.

Direction reversal would require control-cabs to be switched after every stop on express. The amount of people transferred on that one trip back and forth wouldn't come close to the amount of people they can move when they used resort for everything.

They can even bring another train onto resort line if the shut-down is extended.

...but it was the thought that counts!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom