Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

BrerJon

I know this is WDW and nothing good ever gets added without taking away lots of other good things at the same time, so this is unlikely, but could it possibly be installing World of Color-style fountains like they have in the castle at Disneyland Paris for the Dreams show?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know this is WDW and nothing good ever gets added without taking away lots of other good things at the same time, so this is unlikely, but could it possibly be installing World of Color-style fountains like they have in the castle at Disneyland Paris for the Dreams show?
No.

A Dreams type show was proposed for WDW two years ago. It was scrapped.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The next big press event is in early April, so they should probably be done fooling around with the moat by then
Certainly not enough time to fill in the complete moat....perhaps we've been given a reprieve for now.

prfctlyximprct

image.jpg

Reading my book and saw this :(

Bryan W

Whatever they're doing, it's looking to be pretty expansive. Say hasta la vista to the rose garden path and the old Swan Boats station!
20ur85d.png

Sorry if this has been extensively detailed in another post (I'm new here), but where is this map from? Obviously has to do with the MSUSA bypass.

Sped2424

Whatever they're doing, it's looking to be pretty expansive. Say hasta la vista to the rose garden path and the old Swan Boats station!
20ur85d.png
The rose garden path was my favorite :'{ I would walk there and just kinda be away from the crowds and hustle and bustle. This feels like sacrilege. Is there an older plan we can see to compare before and after cause I am not sure what I am looking at/for other than the hub. I see the new pathway going towards main street, but does this mean anything else? So it seems that hub reconstruction is a real thing.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

with a DVC booth on top
AND BATHROOMS??????

Splash Mountain down and Swan Boats out of action at the same time...:(
You know, I wonder if this year will be the "year of the refurbs".

Jimmy Hoffa's body?

Hey, MK opened in 1971. Hoffa disappeared in 1975.

I'm just sayin' ...

:D
Or Walt's frozen head?
Or the corpse of the captain of the titanic?
ALL I SEE IS POSSIBLE CONCRETE SPACE :bawling:

You know? would be interesting if they make the moats newer utility tunnels and put water on top of them. (making them more shallow)

Here's a screenshot from Bing map of the moat drained from whenever it was taken...

View attachment 46794

Its funny how a simple thing removed can make
View attachment 46796

I remember this back from 2010, that is all I have any knowledge of. It COULD be just a refurbishment, they have done this before and by the photo's posted it gets pretty narly down there. We've all seen the photo's of Rivers of America with Liberty Belle gone along with water during a rehab. Cars and trucks parked where water should be.

Now if I let my imagine run wild, based on Disney's desire to create more concrete, remove trees and basically remove all forms of vegetation from the hub and Main Street, most can't totally or 100% rule out Disney radically altering coveted areas in their parks let alone a moat. Yeah, if it needed major infrastructure updates, I could see Disney saying, Meh, fill her in. Iger would find some way to say it is being done to make the park "green."

There has been speculation over the last few years about JC being altered, removed along with an attraction being squished in between JC and Pirates. I remember the altered JC attraction speculation having something to do with portion of the moat that extends down that way. That whole segment of the moat has not had a real purpose since the boats to nowhere stopped floating down the channel. If Disney was to do something with that section of the moat in the future they would have to drain the entire moat to alter the infrastructure. And they are making major sidewalk adjustments on the one side of the moat that is close to Adventureland.
your post.. imho.. makes the most sense.

No, the castle is being moved to the other end of Main Street:

View attachment 46806
KnkJkpk.gif

I dont know if laugh, or cry :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom