MNSSHP Question

CaptainAmerica

Just called Disney (we too have made fastpasses with only a party ticket for this year) the CM said we should be fine as long as they show up in our account. The only problem he saw would be if they weren't allowing early entry because that is not guaranteed. Will be there 9/10 so we shall see in 40 days.
By all means, I think it's smart to book them. I'm just advising against baking on any must-dos in that time slot.

Tk0021

Original Poster
I am seeing in Facebook posts that others are having this same question. Some people have received emails from Disney that they have exceeded their fast pass limit and others have contacted Disney and were told the fast passes on party Afternoon "should" work as well if before six. I appreciate captain America bringing this up because I had no idea it was an issue before this.

Bairstow

I'd aim for leaving the resort at 3:00. You're not going to be the only party guests trying to get in as soon as possible, so anticipate a not-insignificant crowd of people lined up to get in.

PorterRedkey

A party ticket is not the same thing as a park ticket. Fastpass+ is a benefit of regular theme park admission, not of special event admission.
Then how could I book FP's on only my Halloween party ticket last year?

I see that someone actually called Disney and they are now saying this is okay. So, I don't think I would be dismissive of other who have actually done this. Have you been to the Halloween party?

I do appreciate that you pointed this "potential" issue, but your tone leaves a little to be desired. IMHO

PorterRedkey

I'd aim for leaving the resort at 3:00. You're not going to be the only party guests trying to get in as soon as possible, so anticipate a not-insignificant crowd of people lined up to get in.
Last year we got to the gates at 3:30 and people were already 5-6 deep. Unfortunately, the wait to get in is not shaded. 30 minutes in the direct sun with a costume on is not fun to me but to each their own.

nickys

Premium Member
Just to add to the fray here, which I may regret judging by the time of some posts.....

However, I have seen numerous reports (on both touring plans and dis) of people losing their last day of fastpasses, after having used their party tickets to make fps on a party day. It seems the system updates, made in June this year, have meant that the party tickets are being ignored in the overnight "sweep up" process, thus matching the fps to a day of theme park tickets instead.

As an example: imagine a 4 day ticket and party ticket making 5 days in all. Party day on day 3. They make fps on day 3, as people have been able to do before, and days 1, 2, 4 and 5. Overnight checks result in a "you have too many days worth of fps for ticket media" message, followed by deletion of day 5 fastpasses. CMs giving all sorts of contradictory advice. Officially though party tickets do not include the use of fastpasses, as there are none during the party. It just so happens that it has been well known that you could use them for fps before the party starts.

This is not happening universally, so no way to know why. It is reasonable to assume it is to do with the system updates in June to close the loopholes, but whether deliberately stopping party tickets being used for fps, or an unintentional consequence is unclear.

Nevertheless it is happening, to some people. Please don't shoot the messengers! I saw this first on TP, and had a look on DIS to see if this was widespread.

CaptainAmerica

Then how could I book FP's on only my Halloween party ticket last year?
Because the system wasn't properly equipped to enforce the policy so they let it slide. It would be like if they didn't have fingerprint scanners at the front gate. It would still be policy that you're not supposed to give your ticket to someone else to use, but without the fingerprint scanner they'd have no way of enforcing it. Until a recent (or near future) update, the MyDisneyExperience system didn't "know" that a MNSSHP ticket was any different than a regular admission entitlement for Fastpass+ service.

I see that someone actually called Disney and they are now saying this is okay. So, I don't think I would be dismissive of other who have actually done this. Have you been to the Halloween party?
As I've said several times in this very thread, I know that it's worked in the past and that Disney has more-or-less allowed it in the past. I've done it myself in the past. But it might not work in the future.

Just to add to the fray here, which I may regret judging by the time of some posts.....

However, I have seen numerous reports (on both touring plans and dis) of people losing their last day of fastpasses, after having used their party tickets to make fps on a party day. It seems the system updates, made in June this year, have meant that the party tickets are being ignored in the overnight "sweep up" process, thus matching the fps to a day of theme park tickets instead.

As an example: imagine a 4 day ticket and party ticket making 5 days in all. Party day on day 3. They make fps on day 3, as people have been able to do before, and days 1, 2, 4 and 5. Overnight checks result in a "you have too many days worth of fps for ticket media" message, followed by deletion of day 5 fastpasses. CMs giving all sorts of contradictory advice. Officially though party tickets do not include the use of fastpasses, as there are none during the party. It just so happens that it has been well known that you could use them for fps before the party starts.

This is not happening universally, so no way to know why. It is reasonable to assume it is to do with the system updates in June to close the loopholes, but whether deliberately stopping party tickets being used for fps, or an unintentional consequence is unclear.

Nevertheless it is happening, to some people. Please don't shoot the messengers! I saw this first on TP, and had a look on DIS to see if this was widespread.
You the real MVP.

Worldlover71

Last year on 9/30, we were allowed in at 3:45. Don't know how often this happens but get there early just in case to maximize your time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom