MNSSHP Question

Tk0021

Original Poster
we are attending the 9/1 party and that is our arrival day. We are staying AK Jambo and should be arriving between 9 and 10 am. We have an ADR for Boma at 10:15 then the plan is to hangout and enjoy the hotel till we go to the party. Probably taking the kids swimming. What time should we leave the hotel to get to MK? We want to make the most out of the party time and get in as early as we can. I see that we "should" be able to get in at 4 but that is not a guarantee. Have they ever let people in earlier?

CaptainAmerica

we are attending the 9/1 party and that is our arrival day. We are staying AK Jambo and should be arriving between 9 and 10 am. We have an ADR for Boma at 10:15 then the plan is to hangout and enjoy the hotel till we go to the party. Probably taking the kids swimming. What time should we leave the hotel to get to MK? We want to make the most out of the party time and get in as early as we can. I see that we "should" be able to get in at 4 but that is not a guarantee. Have they ever let people in earlier?
They definitely won't let you in earlier. 4:00 is already the "early" time, as the party doesn't start until 7:00. You want to be on a bus no later than 3:30. Leave your room by 3:00. Honestly though, the park gets so insanely congested at that time that I wouldn't bother until 7:00 anyways.

Keep in mind that there's no guarantee your room will be ready at that point so don't 100% bank on a plan that requires you to change and/or shower on check-in day.

MickeyMomV

The last MNSSHP we went to was in 2015 and they were firm on 4:00 pm. Considering its 3 hours early for the posted party time of 7:00 pm I think that is pretty generous. Depending on how many days you are there it is typically only a couple of dollars to add a day to your regular ticket if you wanted to head over after your Boma ADR.

CaptainAmerica

Backing up a second, I think this might be a bad plan anyways. It looks from your picture that you have little ones. If you're arriving at 9:00, that means you have a very early morning at the airport (or your drive). Combining an early morning, a late night, and no room to nap in on the first day of your trip is a recipe for disaster IMO.

PorterRedkey

You can also reserve 3 fastpass+ for before 7. Sometimes you can only fit two in depending on how you schedule them.
I would recommend FPing Jungle Cruise since it will not be open during the party.
Have fun!

Tk0021

Original Poster
Backing up a second, I think this might be a bad plan anyways. It looks from your picture that you have little ones. If you're arriving at 9:00, that means you have a very early morning at the airport (or your drive). Combining an early morning, a late night, and no room to nap in on the first day of your trip is a recipe for disaster IMO.

Haha. It could go south quickly if they get tired. The kids will be fine. We pretty much did the same thing last year and they were great.

Tk0021

Original Poster
You can also reserve 3 fastpass+ for before 7. Sometimes you can only fit two in depending on how you schedule them.
I would recommend FPing Jungle Cruise since it will not be open during the party.
Have fun!
We got our three fast passes starting at 3:30. That's why I was wondering if I could sneak in a little earlier then they are all ready letting us. I didn't know about the jungle cruse being closed till after it set them up, so I set it up for a fast pass on our last day.

CaptainAmerica

Have fun!
That is NOT correct. Not anymore, at least. It was a loophole that has since been closed.

We got our three fast passes starting at 3:30.
They won't work. The system let you make those Fastpass reservations because you have a multi-day ticket for the other days on your trip, but you won't be able to use them on a day when you only use a party ticket. The only way you'd be able to use those Fastpasses is if you entered the park (at whatever time) using a regular admission entitlement, not your party ticket.

CaptainAmerica

Thanks for the info. They are showing up in my MDE account or does that not matter? Can you think of another way I can verify that these are not valid fast passes?
They technically are perfectly valid Fastpasses as of today but the only way you can use them is if you enter the Magic Kingdom using regular park admission. What the other posters are describing is accurate as of last year and apparently the system is still letting people book Fastpasses with only a party ticket, but the system is changing so that the Fastpass system validates that you entered the park with a valid ticket before allowing the Fastpass to be used.

The reason for this is a somewhat related loophole that Disney is intent on closing. People were entering the parks carrying multiple MagicBands linked to dummy MyDisneyExperience profiles. The dummy profiles had Fastpasses on the account and the people would scam the system by using multiple people's worth of Fastpasses each. The system had no way of knowing that the dummy MyDisneyExperience profile never entered the park that morning so it shouldn't have been allowed to redeem Fastpasses.

PorterRedkey

That is NOT correct. Not anymore, at least. It was a loophole that has since been closed.

They won't work. The system let you make those Fastpass reservations because you have a multi-day ticket for the other days on your trip, but you won't be able to use them on a day when you only use a party ticket. The only way you'd be able to use those Fastpasses is if you entered the park (at whatever time) using a regular admission entitlement, not your party ticket.
Okay!

It worked last year and we only had MNSSHP tickets and we were staying at Universal. No AP and no park tickets. It was a last minute add on before our cruise.

Since no one has done it, how do you know about these changes? Did it change when they started allowing only FP's on tickets that they scanned that day? If, so wouldn't the party ticket be the same then?

EDIT: I see you have addressed some of my questions above.

Last edited:

PorterRedkey

They technically are perfectly valid Fastpasses as of today but the only way you can use them is if you enter the Magic Kingdom using regular park admission. What the other posters are describing is accurate as of last year and apparently the system is still letting people book Fastpasses with only a party ticket, but the system is changing so that the Fastpass system validates that you entered the park with a valid ticket before allowing the Fastpass to be used.

Wouldn't your party ticket be the valid ticket you used to enter the park? So you have a valid ticket and Fastpasses attached to the ticket. I don't see the problem. Can you explain?

Animaniac93-98

Wouldn't your party ticket be the valid ticket you used to enter the park? So you have a valid ticket and Fastpasses attached to the ticket. I don't see the problem. Can you explain?

Until we get reports from people who actualy went this year, I don't see how anyone could just "know this". You can enter the park at 4pm with MNSSHP admission, and make FP+ reservations with party tickets on your account. Don't see why anyone couldn't use a FP+ booked at 5:30pm with said party ticket.

It would be a big headache for Disney to deal with if guests showed up with FP+ reservations listed on their MDE accounts, but not able to redeem them at the reserved time after already entering the park.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

A party ticket is not the same thing as a park ticket. Fastpass+ is a benefit of regular theme park admission, not of special event admission.

Until we get reports from people who actualy went this year, I don't see how anyone could just "know this".
I honestly don't care if you believe me. My goal in this conversation is not to convince you that I'm right, it's to help @Tk0021 plan his trip without being disappointed when he arrives at the Magic Kingdom.

Regardless, this isn't anything new. It was always the case that you weren't technically supposed to be able use Fastpass+ if you were only using a party ticket that day. I don't blame anyone who did it because Disney never publicized that policy and they couldn't enforce it anyways. You may very well be right and the IT fix that is supposed to go into place never happens and Disney never decides to enforce this policy. But MNSSHP is a distinct and separate event from the normal operation of the Magic Kingdom that day. I know the 4pm to 7pm overlap causes confusion, but that doesn't change the facts.

You can enter the park at 4pm with MNSSHP admission, and make FP+ reservations with party tickets on your account. Don't see why anyone couldn't use a FP+ booked at 5:30pm with said party ticket.
Because Fastpass+ isn't a benefit of a Party Ticket, it's a benefit of a Theme Park Ticket. Yes, I know the Party is INSIDE a Theme Park, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a different type of admission.

It would be a big headache for Disney to deal with if guests showed up with FP+ reservations listed on their MDE accounts, but not able to redeem them at the reserved time after already entering the park.
I agree. They need to do a better job publishing the policy in a way that's clear to guests.

The challenge is this: If you have a four day park hopper on your MDX profile but you plan to only attend the party one night, MDX has no way of knowing whether you're going to be using your park admission that day or just the party ticket.

Animaniac93-98

I honestly don't care if you believe me...

You may very well be right

Which is why jumping into a thread and stating "facts" you can't varify isn't helpful.

You already stated false information by assuming people couldn't make advance FP+ reservations using only event party tickets. Now you're assuming they can't be redeemed before the first party has even started.

You may be right too, but don't act like the expert when you're not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom