MLB 2014

cba

Soooooo... I figured I'd try to get this thread going again since the first game is soon and at a reasonable time at 4:00 AM. My Mets have not done a lot compared to other teams as usual, but for us this off-season has been GREAT! We got "The Grandyman" (Man, I do love John Sterling) and this guy named Chris Young! And don't forget about Travis d'Arnaud, that new prospect everyone's talking about! I say we're gonna win 90 games, just how Sandy Alderson said!
Any takers?
No?
Well, I guess it's another 15-games below .500 season again, what a surprise... :cyclops:

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
Anyone planning on seeing their team during opening day (or opening series)?

I'm not able to make opening day, but we might get tickets for the last game of that series against the Red Sox.

Lucky

Anyone planning on seeing their team during opening day (or opening series)?

I'm not able to make opening day, but we might get tickets for the last game of that series against the Red Sox.
I went to Opening Day once, in 1988. The Orioles lost and went on to start the season 0-21.

Hobnail Boot

I'm excited for baseball to finally be back. I'm moving to central Florida this year so I'm hoping to catch some Rays home games. After living in a city with no major league teams my whole life, it will be an awesome change. It's also going to cost me an arm and a leg to watch all my teams that will then be out of market like the Braves. Should be a good year for both teams!

Last edited:

TinkerbellKate

I'm so excited for baseball to be back and will be cheering on my Cardinals! The core nucleus of the team is back and I'm excited to see what they can do this year!

MattC

Braves fan here. As a loyal fan I start every year believing that we will go all the way............................however, given recent bullpen injuries............I'm concerned.

Lucky

Anyone getting up at 4 AM eastern time Saturday to watch Opening Day in Sydney on the MLB network? Kershaw - the world's best pitcher - is starting for LA, and Miley is twerking, I mean pitching, for Arizona (don't worry, it's Wade Miley, not Miley Cyrus).

cba

Anyone getting up at 4 AM eastern time Saturday to watch Opening Day in Sydney on the MLB network? Kershaw - the world's best pitcher - is starting for LA, and Miley is twerking, I mean pitching, for Arizona (don't worry, it's Wade Miley, not Miley Cyrus).
For some reason, I'm thinking of "I CAME IN LIKE A WRECKING BALL" right now...

Lucky

It turns out first pitch wasn't until 5 AM. I'm glad I didn't get up at 4 just to hear an hour of pre-game blather.

The players and broadcasters need some more spring training. An Arizona OF just jumped high over the wall to try to catch a ball he thought was going out, and the MLB network play by play guy yelled "and it's a home run!" It was just a double. The ball hit the base of the wall. Not even close to a HR.

Last edited:

Robin Of Loxley

BASEBALL HAS BEGUN !

That's correct! The regular season officially started the other day between the LA Dodgers and the Arizona Diamondbacks...in Australia...while all other teams still have more Spring Training games to participate in....wait, what? o_O

Well allrighty then.

But now that the 2014 regular season is officially underway, we can now discuss what really matters when it comes to chasing an October playoff berth...the STANDINGS! Brace yourselves, we have a close race on our hands.

The Official 2014 Regular Season Standings As Of Right Now:
LA Dodgers: 2-0
Every Other Team: 0-0
Arizona Diamondbacks: 0-2

There you have it, folks. It's getting fierce.

(Seriously though, why does MLB start the regular season before many Spring Training games have wrapped-up? And shouldn't the defending World Series champions kick-off the regular season at HOME, rather than two random teams overseas? The Dodgers/DBacks season opener hasn't even been televised where I live, and I live out west.) :confused:

Last edited:

Lucky

I was reminded on the radio this morning...it's the 60th anniversary of the Orioles
Before moving to Baltimore they were the St. Louis Browns. My father saw them play when he was young. It was a good move for the Browns-Orioles franchise, and for the Cardinals. St. Louis wasn't big enough to support two teams forever.

"Experts" are picking the Nationals, Cardinals and Dodgers to win the NL divisions. For the NL wild cards, the Braves, Reds and Giants are mentioned most often.

Other than the Tigers in the AL Central, there's no expert consensus on the AL division winners. I'm hearing the Rays and Red Sox mentioned most often for the East, and even more disagreement on the West: the A's, Angels and Rangers are all being mentioned.

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
Before moving to Baltimore they were the St. Louis Browns. My father saw them play when he was young. It was a good move for the Browns-Orioles franchise, and for the Cardinals. St. Louis wasn't big enough to support two teams forever.
Yup, and both of Baltimore's teams (Ravens and Orioles) were called the Browns before they came to Baltimore

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom