MK Wishes FP Area Issue

Imagineerwannabe

The last time we used it, we went straight to the back railing and leaned against it. Had no problem seeing over everyone in the front.

That's what we do too when we have FP+ booked.
I suspect everyone will be standing body to body in the areas come end of April, it will be mobbed like the rest of the hub is :)

FigmentPigments

I understand your frustration. I know that it's not a seating area and get that there's no enforcing it, but I feel like it's a gigantic waste of a fastpass. There is little way in perks for this. After we used it the first time, we don't waste our fastpass choices on that anymore.

Imagineerwannabe

I understand your frustration. I know that it's not a seating area and get that there's no enforcing it, but I feel like it's a gigantic waste of a fastpass. There is little way in perks for this. After we used it the first time, we don't waste our fastpass choices on that anymore.

Nobody will be wasting FP on it after April as it won't be available...at least for the foreseeable.

Raineman

Original Poster
And we learned too that if you use your third FP for Wishes, once your first two are used earlier in the day, you are at the mercy of standby lines the rest of the day, as the park was closing soon after Wishes that night, and wouldn't make sense to try to book another FP at a kiosk.

FigmentPigments

And we learned too that if you use your third FP for Wishes, once your first two are used earlier in the day, you are at the mercy of standby lines the rest of the day, as the park was closing soon after Wishes that night, and wouldn't make sense to try to book another FP at a kiosk.
Good point! Kind of loses more perks the longer I think about it. :D

Imagineerwannabe

We used the FP option for wishes if we planned other offsite things earlier in the day and were only planning on being in the park for the evenings. Easier I think for for uk visitors or those who have lots of free time to do that otherwise it could be a waste.

Raineman

Original Poster
We used the FP option for wishes if we planned other offsite things earlier in the day and were only planning on being in the park for the evenings. Easier I think for for uk visitors or those who have lots of free time to do that otherwise it could be a waste.
We honestly didn't think having to wait to use our third FP was going to be an issue at first-we were at WDW from Feb. 28 to March 7. Our first day at the parks was Feb. 29 at MK, the crowds were moderate at the worst, and most of the standby lines were fairly short, but by the end of that week at MK, the student groups/early spring break crowds were rolling in, and by mid morning, most standby lines at MK were 45 minutes minimum, which, for the most part, is beyond our acceptable waiting time, and with no FPs to use for the afternoon/evening, that meant either alot of waiting or no attractions.

danyoung56

This is not only a problem in the reserved areas. Disney tends to NOT specify whether an area is standing or sitting. Instead they leave it up to the crowd. If everyone's sitting, then it's a sitting area. If everyone feels like standing up, then that's what you're expected to do.

I actually have the exact opposite problem as you - I enjoy standing for fireworks shows. And when I'm in an area where people are already sitting down, I'm expected to sit down too, which I think is somewhat unfair. My feeling is people should be able to stand up for the length of a fireworks show. But I've been overruled more than once by yelling people, so I just sorta skulk off to the side where others are standing.

Raineman

Original Poster
This is not only a problem in the reserved areas. Disney tends to NOT specify whether an area is standing or sitting. Instead they leave it up to the crowd. If everyone's sitting, then it's a sitting area. If everyone feels like standing up, then that's what you're expected to do.

I actually have the exact opposite problem as you - I enjoy standing for fireworks shows. And when I'm in an area where people are already sitting down, I'm expected to sit down too, which I think is somewhat unfair. My feeling is people should be able to stand up for the length of a fireworks show. But I've been overruled more than once by yelling people, so I just sorta skulk off to the side where others are standing.
TBH, if everyone was standing in the FP area, I would have had no issue standing, but it looked to be a bonus that, after a long day at MK, I would get to sit on fairly comfy ground to watch Wishes. In fact, earlier in the week, we watched Wishes standing on the Tomorrowland bridge, and it was a great spot. The main issue I had with the "standers" were that quite a few got there minutes before Wishes started, and still proceeded to stand at the front, with most people sitting behind them who had been there for a half hour.

halltd

This is where Tokyo Disney wins by a long shot. They have designated sitting and standing zones for parades and fireworks. It works so amazingly well that I was stunned and amazed. My friend and I sat on a wall maybe 30 minutes prior to a show and a CM came over to us and said very politely that we were in a standing zone, and that if we wanted to sit, we should move forward. We said we were just camped out waiting, but would stand during the show. We then both laughed at each other and were like, "yeah, like that's gonna work"...referring to everyone staying seated in front of us. But, like a well-oiled machine, not a soul in front of us stood during the entire show (which was probably several hundred people). Even more amazing, not a SINGLE PERSON held an LCD screened device above their head during the entire performance (since that is forbidden).

Americans could use a TON of etiquette lessons from the Japanese.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom