MK Wishes FP Area Issue

Raineman

Original Poster
Maybe someone who's used the Wishes FP areas at MK more than once can shed some light on this. I was in this area for Wishes last week, and there seemed to be an issue with people standing along the front wall, blocking the view of everyone sitting behind them. Some were people in scooters or wheelchairs, which I didn't have a problem with, but there were quite a few people who were just standing there. Isn't the whole point of these FP areas to be able to sit down and have a better view of Wishes than you would anywhere else? And why weren't there CMs there, telling the people standing to go the back of the FP area if they wanted to stand? If I'm burning a FP to see Celebrate The Magic & Wishes, I want to be able to see most, if not all, of the castle while doing so. I don't think I will be using a FP for Wishes the next time I go.

Spikerdink

I have used the FP twice and both times stood - and people who want to sit after a long day really should not complain if people want to stand and watch. If there were benches and chairs, then it is a different story.... but my feeling is the FP area was to give you a better sight line to the castle and fireworks without the hassle of waiting 2 hours before on a sidewalk and 5 minutes before the show starts someone comes and stands directly in front of you.....

PrincessRachelT

I've used it three times (all for special occasions where I didn't want to fight for a space) and each time when we would go in, they would tell us that we could sit, but would be asked to stand when the show started because of space. I don't think it was ever intended as a sit down space for viewing, although if you sit in the way back, there usually is room to sit.

Raineman

Original Poster
I've used it three times (all for special occasions where I didn't want to fight for a space) and each time when we would go in, they would tell us that we could sit, but would be asked to stand when the show started because of space. I don't think it was ever intended as a sit down space for viewing, although if you sit in the way back, there usually is room to sit.
The night we used this area, I would estimate at least 85-90% of the people in there were sitting, except for the people standing in the back, and the few that decided to stand up front. IMO, it would be common courtesy, if you walked into this area at the last minute, and almost everyone is sitting, not to stand at the front, where you would definitely be blocking someone's view who chose to sit. Why should everyone who wanted to sit, have to stand because of a few people? Just my opinion.

PrincessRachelT

The night we used this area, I would estimate at least 85-90% of the people in there were sitting, except for the people standing in the back, and the few that decided to stand up front. IMO, it would be common courtesy, if you walked into this area at the last minute, and almost everyone is sitting, not to stand at the front, where you would definitely be blocking someone's view who chose to sit. Why should everyone who wanted to sit, have to stand because of a few people? Just my opinion.

I completely agree with you, it would be really nice if people stood at the back, but there are always those people who decide to stand in the front and make everyone stand up because they can only see some of it. One night we had a guy who had 2 cameras and a huge tripod standing right in front of where we had been sitting, so my husband and I (we were on our honeymoon) got up and stood in front of him at the gate :p

Raineman

Original Poster
I completely agree with you, it would be really nice if people stood at the back, but there are always those people who decide to stand in the front and make everyone stand up because they can only see some of it. One night we had a guy who had 2 cameras and a huge tripod standing right in front of where we had been sitting, so my husband and I (we were on our honeymoon) got up and stood in front of him at the gate :p
Nice! I will say that for Wishes, even with people standing at the front, you still get to see almost all of the fireworks, but for Celebrate The Magic, all I saw was the top turret on the castle.

Raineman

Original Poster
As people have already said, you are not supposed to sit down..
If that is the case, they need to make that clear when entering the area. I would have no problem standing then, or I would just find a spot somewhere else where I could sit for Wishes. But it's just being rude when someone walks in 5 minutes before the show, when almost everyone is sitting, and proceeds to stand at the front. Lack of common courtesy.

Stellajack

Premium Member
Common courtesy and sense should prevail, but it's not a seated area and isn't enforced as such.

Once the FP+ option ends in April I wonder how much of a free for all this area will become!?

Not to make light of your experience, but it is my observation that there is no such thing as "common courtesy". You are more likely to see someone extending "uncommon courtesy" when so many are trying to get premium viewing spots for Wishes. This is the very reason we book the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party. It gives us a great spot high above the crowds, great desserts, coffee, ice cream, etc., and we can stay seated until the crowds thin out below. Yes, I know what people say about the cost, but it is Disney afterall.

Jim Buck

The times we have used most people were sitting. I think it is rude for someone to walk up and stand in front of them too. I understand it is not listed as a place to sit but it is nice to relax on the "grass" and enjoy the show.

Imagineerwannabe

Not to make light of your experience, but it is my observation that there is no such thing as "common courtesy". You are more likely to see someone extending "uncommon courtesy" when so many are trying to get premium viewing spots for Wishes. This is the very reason we book the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party. It gives us a great spot high above the crowds, great desserts, coffee, ice cream, etc., and we can stay seated until the crowds thin out below. Yes, I know what people say about the cost, but it is Disney afterall.

Oh I quite agree, it's more likely you would see uncommon courtesy. And why I said 'should' prevail
There is no explaination given by he cast member of the expected protocols when you enter the area or consistency as to what people seem to do, I only go off how I behave in there by trying to avoid purposely blocking people's views etc

halltd

Common courtesy would be the guy that seemingly always shows up one minute after the show starts, stands right in front of me in the center of Main Street (after I've been waiting for 30 minutes), and then puts his kid on his shoulders completely blocking my view of everything. Oh wait, that's something else. :)

AndyS2992

Common courtesy would be the guy that seemingly always shows up one minute after the show starts, stands right in front of me in the center of Main Street (after I've been waiting for 30 minutes), and then puts his kid on his shoulders completely blocking my view of everything. Oh wait, that's something else. :)
I lost count of how many times this happened to me on my last trip :rolleyes: So annoying.

glvsav37

I tell my wife all the time that "Yes, the Wishes Desert Party is expensive, but it's cheaper then bail."

roj2323

Maybe someone who's used the Wishes FP areas at MK more than once can shed some light on this. I was in this area for Wishes last week, and there seemed to be an issue with people standing along the front wall, blocking the view of everyone sitting behind them. Some were people in scooters or wheelchairs, which I didn't have a problem with, but there were quite a few people who were just standing there. Isn't the whole point of these FP areas to be able to sit down and have a better view of Wishes than you would anywhere else? And why weren't there CMs there, telling the people standing to go the back of the FP area if they wanted to stand? If I'm burning a FP to see Celebrate The Magic & Wishes, I want to be able to see most, if not all, of the castle while doing so. I don't think I will be using a FP for Wishes the next time I go.
First world problems

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
At this point, I think we have used the Wishes FP+ seating 4 times. When we used in at Christmas time we were explicitly told that we would have to stand approximately 5 minutes before the fireworks started - and, in fact, CMs came around to make sure people stood up (so they could pack a few more in). In the summer, we were not told going in that we would have to stand, but both times it happened, right as the show started. During less crowded times, we have seen a mix of sitting and standing - this past February during the Princess Half weekend, we were right at the front fence and most people stood when the show started, but not all - and we had a couple of wheelchairs come in behind us, so we stayed sitting...until a very tall gentleman with a child on shoulders stood on the outside of the fence (not in the walking area, so not really a problem - he just happened to be very tall with a kid on top), so my wife and daughter had to stand up to see at all. I stayed seated as my 6ft frame in front of people in wheelchairs was more guilt than I could deal with.

yellowb

The last time we used it, we went straight to the back railing and leaned against it. Had no problem seeing over everyone in the front.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom