Mission Space while Pregnant?

PrincessNelly_NJ

Hi all,

I noticed mission Space is listed as rides to avoid if your pregnant. Does this include the green side?
I've been on both and haven't found the green side to be intense at all. But am I missing something else that makes it unsafe for pregnant women to ride?

Jyoung147

Former Mission: Space CM here, Its a hard no. The restraints sit directly over your stomach, and the rides tilts forward, which means all your weight is pressed down right on your stomach. CMs are told in no uncertain terms that neither green or orange are ok for pregnancies, unfortunately :(

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

Original Poster
Former Mission: Space CM here, Its a hard no. The restraints sit directly over your stomach, and the rides tilts forward, which means all your weight is pressed down right on your stomach. CMs are told in no uncertain terms that neither green or orange are ok for pregnancies, unfortunately :(
Thank you

Upvote 0

GCTales

Based on the ride design and knowing people who were involved in the design and construction of it- it is a hard no for a good reason.

As noted above, the positioning of restraints, combined with the shape of the seat put pressure on the abdomen when it rolls forward. In the active version, the g force imposed is a big no no for pregnant women.

For the same reason, cyberspace mountain (DisneyQuest) is a no no- plus it goes inverted, potentially placing entire body weight on the abdomen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom