Mission: Space tragedy

angelofitaly69

Jseven said:
It happened. I feel horrible for the family and im not a prayin man whatsoever but i wish the family the best of luck in their attempts to recover and move on in their lives. However, the sad truth is that we can not stop the parks from operating normaly and as such, the CMs must move on to help continue to bring the magic. It has been somewhat stressful on some of us MS castmembers even traunatizing to some, but we gotta keep coming back.

I agree with you. You CM make the Disney Experience complete. I commend you guys and girls for not nessicerily moving on but for not denying the magic to other guests. Keep your chin up.

Slipknot

S_Grise said:
I'm sure he didn't, either. In fact, I've seen some very compassionate posts by him in other threads and I usually agree with him. My concern was/is that this thread is so big and out of hand that most people don't even know what has been said previously. This is a very emotional topic for most posters and really nice people are getting trampled and are trampling upon. I hate to see any tragedy turn even uglier, especially by well-meaning individuals. Slade, I'm assuming that like me, you're interested in KingStefan's opinions and that was all it meant. No offense meant to anyone by this or any other of my posts.
Warmly, Sharri

You assume correctly, and no harm done.

Glasgow

I just heard about this. Very sad for all parties involved .. the family and Disney. My thoughts go out to the family for sure. I know the ride has all of those signs but I guess sometimes you don't know about a pre-existing condition since I'm confident it wasn't just the intensity of the ride that caused the accident.

I don't really have time to read all 41 pages on this thread so can someone give me the cliff notes version? Thx

josh_e_washie

I have to say, props to the staff of M:S. To know that there is a massive problem and have the composure to close and evacuate the ride without causing mass hysteria is quite a feat. Again, condolences to all involved....

speck76

Glasgow said:
I don't really have time to read all 41 pages on this thread so can someone give me the cliff notes version? Thx

A child died after being on Mission Space, along with several other attractions (you may have seen it on TV, or read about it in the paper, or online.)

Some people care about the child/family, and are showing support to an unrelated Disney World fan site discussion board. :lookaroun

Some people are discussing what could have happened to cause the accident, and the general safety of amusement park attractions, and they are wrong because this is a time of mourning :rolleyes:

Fordlover

brich said:
I'm some what taken back by the amount of conclusions drawn from the little information we have here. How can so many of you just assume that it was a pre existing condition and that this is nobodies fault? I, as much as the next person, hope there was no negligence nor mechanical issues on Disney's part. And to say that people are warned of the risks associated with the ride makes it any less painful? Maybe some of you should you should notify the State of Florida's Coroner's office and save them the expense of the autopsy.
And this just tops it all. A child dying at Disney is bound to happen. Lets not blow this up? We should just put it behind and move on? And then you finish with a "Have a Nice Day" :confused:
It's not that this child won't be able to enjoy WDW anymore. This child is dead. For once, put down the Disney is Utopia flag and spend a minute thinking about this loss for the family. For them, this is no longer the Happiest Place on Earth, no matter who is ultimately responsible... :rolleyes:

Interesting thought...however one might assume that there were probably 3 other people riding in the pod he was in, likely family members too, and one might also deduce from the info that they made it out alive, so exactly how would this be disney's fault, neglect or mechanical problems. Certainly it's a possiblity, but fairly unlikely considering the number of people who've ridden the ride in the last couple years and escaped with their life, including me!
Certainly condolences go out to the the family of the young child.

TwoTigersMom

I was discussing the incedent with DH earlier and he said that there are buttons you can push to stop the ride. Is this true? Or did he just think it was to stop it. He also said the CM's can hear you in the vehicles. I'm asking you guys, because alot of times he assumes things are one way, when actually they are not. Will someone please clarify this for me.

Szaffar

Account Suspended
Well the parents should have known better. Maybe with their next child they'll learn from this.

Besides, at least that's one less person in the world. There's already too many.

speck76

Szaffar said:
Well the parents should have known better. Maybe with their next child they'll learn from this.

Besides, at least that's one less person in the world. There's already too many.

too bad it was not you

welcome back....your stay will be short

too bad you will only be back again.....you should really seek help

Shaman

Good ole WESH!

http://www.wesh.com/news/4614063/detail.html

Part of it:

There is confusion and possibly conflict between what Disney employees are telling the Orange County Sheriff's Office and what they told a 911 dispatcher in the critical seconds when a young boy's life was on the line.

That 4-year-old had just ridden Mission: Space at Epcot when his mother burst out of the ride, yelling for help, WESH 2 News reported.It appears that during the 911 call, Disney workers are saying they are not performing CPR and that they may not know how, even though they indicate on the sheriff's office report hours after the boy died that they are CPR trained.What's more, the dispatcher did not immediately ask if the boy was breathing, something most Central Florida dispatchers are trained to do earlier in a 911 emergency call.

What the?

tigger248

Szaffar said:

Wow. Just wow. I can't believe how cold and heartless this post is. :( How would you like it if someone said something like that and it was your child who lost his life?

speck76

There is a differnce between knowing how to administer CPR, and doing it

I am CPR certified......but I am not sure I could do it

A situation like that would be rather tramatic to a cast member, or anyone involved directly.

There is such a thing as being scared stiff.

daveemtdave

I am very suprised that it took 2.5 mins for someone to start CPR. But i also guess thats not so long compared to most times. I would sum it up to scared stiff. CPR is not a fun thing to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom