Mission: Space tragedy

OmegaKnight

Original Poster
I won't say what it is here but this is a heads up to when its actually announced on the local/national news. One of Epcot's top attractions was shut down for most of the afternoon due to this incident. Thats all I am going to say, use your imagination.

Figment1986

OmegaKnight said:
I won't say what it is here but this is a heads up to when its actually announced on the local/national news. One of Epcot's top attractions was shut down for most of the afternoon due to this incident. Thats all I am going to say, use your imagination.

What do you mean... I just checked my local news stations and no news on disney....

bcampione

I have no clue as to what you're talking about. i can't find it on OrlandoSentinel.com or anywhere. If it's a joke, it's not a good one

speck76

OmegaKnight said:

If you are not going to say what it is, you might as well NOT be an idiot and post anything about it in the first place.

Tara Mae

Okay, I've been watching my news, and the only thing that has been on is "Michael Jackson"...Wacko-Jacko's innocence! *rolls eyes*

I've checked orlandosentinel.com, disney.com...all the sites that would have posted anything this tragic...so either this is a really bad attempt at a joke, or something did happen, and things are hush-hush..I'm sticking to joke-attempt.

Perhaps a little less info?
Or a hint, perhaps? C'mon, you know you wanna.

OmegaKnight

Original Poster
This is what happened. Disney does not want to announce anything yet but soon enough they will have to. Highlight the text to read it.

A little boy was riding Mission: SPACE and passed out on the ride. The paramedics tried to revive him but he died on the way to the hospital. They aren't 100% sure what happened but the ride was closed all afternoon for a full-on investigation.

speck76

I would say most likely caused by a pre-existing condition.....happens once or twice each year....

Considering millions have ridden it, and now there is 1 death.......I don't think there is anything ot be concerned about, except about your own pre-existing conditions.

Tara Mae

Sounds to me like a pre-existing condition..could have been severe asthma set off by some lady's perfume or some lad's cologne...or he could have simply been affected by Mission Space's ride adventure itself...some people just can't handle it.
His death is regretful and sad, though. :(

BadTigger

speck76 said:
I would say most likely caused by a pre-existing condition.....happens once or twice each year....

Considering millions have ridden it, and now there is 1 death.......I don't think there is anything ot be concerned about, except about your own pre-existing conditions.

True true, they have plenty of warnings and if this story is true I'm sure the boy had somthing wrong with him to start, you won't beleive the number of dummies, mostly foriegn who go on these rides, and have such thing as epeletcy(SP?) or other conditions then have problems. Its no fault of Disney, they warn. Now if the ride went crazy and like blew-up or like the crashes that they have had then people should be concerned.

OmegaKnight

Original Poster
Tara Mae said:
Sounds to me like a pre-existing condition..could have been severe asthma set off by some lady's perfume or some lad's cologne...or he could have simply been affected by Mission Space's ride adventure itself...some people just can't handle it.
His death is regretful and sad, though. :(
That is why Disney was doing a full-on investigation of the ride, to make sure it wasn't caused by the actual ride itself. I also agree that it probably was a pre-exisiting condition but we aren't going to know until they do an autopsy.

Connor002

thats sad

i feel bad for the child

some things just hapen though, MS is an intenses ride. it affects everyone differently. i loved it, my cousin was almost sick. just like RRC, my cosin loved it, i got sick. the childs body probally couldnt' handle the g-force, no blood to the brain, well... you loose concisness.

sad, unfortunate, but not really anyone's fault.

OmegaKnight

Original Poster
BadTigger said:
by the way where did this info come from?? since not a single news wire has picked it up
I work at Mission: SPACE and was working there today when this happened. They naturally told us what happened so there wouldn't be any confusion.

Slipknot

It's more than likely pre-existing conditions. Anyone remember that young girl who went on Body Wars (nowhere near as intense as MS) and died because of her pre-existing condition?

mkepcotmgmak

i just got a call from a friend who is a CM at epcot, who confirmed this, but with no added details...

edit: sorry, i should have read every post, i thought there was still debate on whether or not it happened...

very sad to hear this though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom