Mine Ride Construction Update

LithiumBill

Might sound contradictory to the "WDW needs more E-tickets to compete with Uni" debate, but this is specifically regarding the Magic Kingdom. The MK is in a league of its own. Uni is not catching it in terms of popularity, not for a while at least. So in that respect I think 7DMT will be a nice addition to a theme park that needs nice additions, not necessarily E-ticket additions.

Might have been a roundabout way of saying I agree with you lol, but that's how I view the situation as a whole.
This is spot on IMO. Well said.

spacemt354

Chili's
With regard to MK, just because the other parks need additions more (much more, we agree), that doesn't mean MK isn't in need of fresh blood. I agree that New Fantasyland was actually the correct addition to give this infusion and, more importantly, add capacity. It's unfortunate that its the only major thing of substance in 20 years, though MK has seen its fair share of minor additions throughout the years. People just have a pent up need for more because MK should get a new "E Ticket" every 5-10 years, IMO, and has been lacking for too long. The real test is what's next for MK, if they stop with New Fantasyland, then the issues are only going to get worse.

What they need to do, IMO, is add immersive (but not necessarily thrilling - think POTC and HM, not RnR) to the other parks to help boost their draw and time consumption and take the pressure of MK. But, they are so far behind the ball with this, and nothing appears close to being green lit.

I think Buzz Lightyear, Phillarmagic, Winnie the Pooh, and the improvement to both HM and Pirates were of substance over the last 20 years. Even Alien Encounter (before replaced by Stitch)

I agree that the Magic Kingdom over the next few years should continue to refurb and expand. And I agree the other parks need rides like HM and POTC (I'm excited to see what the Avatar boat ride comes to be) As Walt said, "never rest on your laurels." It will be interesting, because the sad state that Epcot (in particular Future World) has been left in does not leave me feeling excited for the future. Hopefully that will change with a management shift. Hopefully the parks will become priority again, and not just a money making machine.

Next Big Thing

Yes, while I like Lumiere it doesn't take long to see his arm supports and it really kills the effect once you do find it.

I must have really good eyes:rolleyes:
I notice a lot of things at WDW, Universal, BGT, etc. I have never noticed his arm supports in the times i've been through there. I'm always so blown away by how fluid he moves i'm not looking to find a fault with it, but I guess others have their way of experiencing WDW.

orky8

I think Buzz Lightyear, Phillarmagic, Winnie the Pooh, and the improvement to both HM and Pirates were of substance over the last 20 years. Even Alien Encounter (before replaced by Stitch)

I agree that the Magic Kingdom over the next few years should continue to refurb and expand. And I agree the other parks need rides like HM and POTC (I'm excited to see what the Avatar boat ride comes to be) As Walt said, "never rest on your laurels." It will be interesting, because the sad state that Epcot (in particular Future World) has been left in does not leave me feeling excited for the future. Hopefully that will change with a management shift. Hopefully the parks will become priority again, and not just a money making machine.

Yeah, I mostly agree. I think would feel more complete and fresh if every 10 years it got an E ticket equivalent. We've waited 20, and while the land as a whole passes as an E, no single ride does. But, let's not dwell on the past or belittle what we are getting simply because MK has waited so long (not that you are). Let's just hope the next major update is within 10 years, instead of 20.

CrescentLake

Seems like construction is winding down...which means the Fantasyland Expansion is finally over. After the Mine Train opens, this particular board will be shut down no? Not much else to talk about.

spacemt354

Chili's
Yep. Some people go to the park specifically to look for minute flaws. It's bizarre and sad.

Why does it matter to you though?

Personally, I try to look the other way when I notice a flaw while I'm in the parks. I'm on vacation and I don't have the luxury of visiting all the time, so I'd rather be happy then disgruntled looking for errors.

But just because that's my philosophy doesn't mean the problems don't exist, and it doesn't mean I won't point them out when my vacation is over, and furthermore, I'm not going to judge someone if they want to look for errors while in the parks.

To each his own, I suppose...

jdmdisney99

OTPN has a recent update. Nothing new to see, as @djkidkaz said, not much more externally to be seen. A bit more grass to put down, and a little bit of scaffolding to come off.
True but this picture is just great...
jboANh9nYG5KNK.JPG

(except for the ugly trash cans...and the chicken wire!)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom