Mine Ride Construction Update

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Mine ride is coming along nicely, lots of steel structure for the mountain going up.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...fs-mine-train-coaster-construction-update.htm

Looks like they have started to frame out the buildings that will face the mermaid area:

Fantasyland_Full_17445.jpg

Murphketeer

thanks for the pictures. It is really hard to tell, but the railing you are seeing are probably part of the scaffolding that the workers are using for the construction.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I keep wondering if they are shooting to have rockwork up before the "grand opening". They are laying the mesh now it looks like, and I know that once that goes up, the rockwork can go up quickly. I'm just wondering if they'll push to have at least some of the outer portions of the ride look a little more "magical" for the grand opening / taping of the Christmas parade.

muteki

I keep wondering if they are shooting to have rockwork up before the "grand opening". They are laying the mesh now it looks like, and I know that once that goes up, the rockwork can go up quickly. I'm just wondering if they'll push to have at least some of the outer portions of the ride look a little more "magical" for the grand opening / taping of the Christmas parade.

I'd say chances are slim. Seems like for BoG and LM, and Carsland, the rock work took the longest.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'd say chances are slim. Seems like for BoG and LM, and Carsland, the rock work took the longest.

I would agree, I see no way that the rock work would be anywhere near close to completion in a month. They haven't even started to build the steel structure that would hold the mesh on the other side of the mountain. Since they are using the toothpick method of construction, even if they were to get mesh up and the concrete coating on, they would still keep the toothpick scaffolding in place until all the painting and final details are done.

I do think it's possible they will finish the Mermaid side of the mountain well before the rest of it is complete.

jdmdisney99

I do think it's possible they will finish the Mermaid side of the mountain well before the rest of it is complete.
I agree. The mesh for rock work has already gone up in only that vicinity and the building structure is there. If not completed by 12/6 it will probably be done soon.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Coming along really well. Looks to me like this thing will be soft opening by this time next year. In time for my trip;)

Cousin Huet

Looking at the models and videos as well as standing in Fantasyland and looking 360 degrees around me has led me to be even more excited about what this ride brings. Not only is it going to be something that people of many ages can enjoy, but the sightlines from it all over the park are amazing. Being able to see the Cinderella's Castle, Beast's Castle (which looks great up on the mountain), the Little Mermaid ride, Storybook Circus and then out past those areas is amazing. Being able to get back as far in the park as the New Fantasyland allows you to has opened up a lot views. We also enjoyed having a new way to view Wishes during one of our evenings and that will only get better once the whole area is finished and you get the addition of the Mine Train ride in there.

I was extremely happy with the progress of quality in the New Fantasyland and if that is the new standard then any new changes will be awesome. I'm also appreciative of all the details being added to areas that are not attractions as those look great to and add to the ability to get even more immersed in the areas.

muteki

I would agree, I see no way that the rock work would be anywhere near close to completion in a month. They haven't even started to build the steel structure that would hold the mesh on the other side of the mountain. Since they are using the toothpick method of construction, even if they were to get mesh up and the concrete coating on, they would still keep the toothpick scaffolding in place until all the painting and final details are done.

I'm certain they would open that side as quick as possible, if only to sell more dinglehoppers.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I'm certain they would open that side as quick as possible, if only to sell more dinglehoppers.
This is a great point. The faster they get TLM side open, the faster they can sell TLM merch. I bet that this part opens well before 2014.

phi2134

I know its a simple model, but these buildings look more Aladdin-esque to me.

Slightly agreeing with you on that, but look at the sign out in front of the biggest building, its the bow of a ship, so it probably will have more of a "Tortuga" feeling once detail goes in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom