Mine Ride Construction Update

DisneyConstruction23

Thank you, what would be your guess for estimated ride length(if you have one).
Roughly the length of the Mummy ride in Universal being that they have put so much time into the interior scenes etc. if I had to guess (Again have not seen it running, but do know that they have a lot of different technological advances to slow down and speed up the mine cart for different areas.) and the interactive Que looks amazing as of now...I am excited to see how the guests enjoy it. Also if you thought Ursula in the LM ride was good, you ain't seen nothing yet.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Was there Friday to finish our last remaining C/O requests....From how finished the interior is I figure it will be open for guests by the end of Feb start of March AT THE LATEST Unless their are some mechanical things I am not aware of.....talking to everyone though, prob by then

You think they are going to be able to get all the exterior work done by then? Still looks like a lot to be done.

Yes, if mermaid proves anything no matter how flawed the experience so long as it's new and pretty looking you can expect those lines to be outrageous, at least here at Magic Kingdom. I expect insane wait times for this attraction.
part of the problem is they have a fast pass for mermaid. It's an OMNI MOVER!! if you add a fast pass to it it will only slow down. You have interupted the normal flow. sigh...

Hey does anyone know if the Mine Train is now the longest built ride in Disney, time wise that is?

It's been what 3+ years now for it? Wasn't all of Animal Kingdom built in 3 years?

Magenta Panther

Roughly the length of the Mummy ride in Universal being that they have put so much time into the interior scenes etc. if I had to guess (Again have not seen it running, but do know that they have a lot of different technological advances to slow down and speed up the mine cart for different areas.) and the interactive Que looks amazing as of now...I am excited to see how the guests enjoy it. Also if you thought Ursula in the LM ride was good, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Oh HO, now that's interesting! But...I hope the Imagineers didn't lavish most of their craft on one figure, and then cheap out on everything else, a la Mermaid...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
The exteriors aspects are easy to get in place, the tie up would be something mechanical.....The outside though may not be completed until everything mechanically is perfect (they would not want the ride to look finished but not opened)

The exterior aspects SHOULD be easy to get in place , but at the current pace I can't see them finishing in three weeks.

Stupido

From a Marketing standpoint, I could definitely understand why WDW would want to save the exterior work for the very last minute. If the mine looked complete, Guest Services would be flooded with people complaining that they don't understand why the train isn't open yet. I'm sure once the inside is 100%, the exterior's pace will speed up like crazy.

JLipnick

Like I said as of Friday it all was basically finished.....a few small things were still being added, but the exterior was all that was really left to be done.
Here's hoping you work on the Land of Pandora attractions as well for some valuable insight. I appreciate the info you have provided without putting your job or the contracts in jeopardy!

DisneyConstruction23

Here's hoping you work on the Land of Pandora attractions as well for some valuable insight. I appreciate the info you have provided without putting your job or the contracts in jeopardy!
I dont know if you are trolling or being honest hahahaha but we do not actually have a contract with them as of now so IDK....it does not look like it yet unless the bidding for this has yet to begin.

DisneyConstruction23

Does this mean Snow White in the cottage is some sort of epic dancing animatronic? Based on the concept art we've seen publicly, I can't think of anything else in this ride that would feature an impressive display of motion . . .
Unfortunately that I cannot say with exact detail, but a lot more than just snow white moves (do not forget wild life, the dwarfs, possibly rocks in the mine or mine carts *cannot give specific ex.* etc.)

Cesar R M

Does this mean Snow White in the cottage is some sort of epic dancing animatronic? Based on the concept art we've seen publicly, I can't think of anything else in this ride that would feature an impressive display of motion . . .
DISCO SNOW WHITE with STROBE LIGHTS.. MARK MY WORDS!
lol

Sped2424

tumblr_n0t0ik5eRa1rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

Seems like they are expanding the concrete area in the hub, this is where the benches used to be on the way to Adventure land. Now it looks like they want to make that area into a solid square, my guess is another fastpass + reserved fireworks/parade area.
tumblr_n0t0nyK0oc1rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

Scuttle was off. Hopefully they are giving his beak tlc

Water effects seem to be on and full in the m
tumblr_n0t0nyK0oc1rb3d4bo2_1280.jpg
ine train area, maybe now they can remove that ugly fake scrim over by the be our guest bridge as these areas of water connect to each other.
tumblr_n0t0nyK0oc1rb3d4bo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0t0nyK0oc1rb3d4bo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0t0nyK0oc1rb3d4bo5_1280.jpg
tumblr_n0t0nyK0oc1rb3d4bo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0t0nyK0oc1rb3d4bo7_1280.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom