Mickey's Very Merry Chistmas

testtrackalumni

Original Poster
So my girlfriend and I are going to Disney in December. I'm a former CM and this is our first trip together.

I've done Not So Scary and I was disappointed. The Horseman didn't ride, and it just was lack luster.

Is MVMCP worth the $60 extra ticket?? If not, why? If so, why?

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
I think that MNSSHP is better than MVMCP. The best part of the Christmas party to me is the park being open late, and you can just do that with EMH.
But, it is a nice experience and I think everyone should do both parties once to see for themselves. :)

Black Pearl

Personally, I'm much more into the Halloween party than the Christmas one, and this is coming from someone that loves both times of year. The Halloween events I've been to at Disney were fun, even for an adult, but the Christmas feel at Hollywood Studios is much better in my humble opinion by just scoping out the lights than doing the extra party at MK. Just bring your own cookies and hot coco ;)

We went to MVMCP last November twice in one week & loved both parties. We're from the UK & hadn't been to the world for over 10 years & so we wanted to make sure that we saw & did everything without stressing and having to run everywhere.
Was it worth it?
We thought so, the MK is our favourite park & to see it decorated for Christmas made it even more magical, we focused on the shows & the parade & meeting the characters, a highlight for us was meeting the dwarves.
We know that we are lucky in being able to do two parties without cost being an issue & will do it again on our next trip in 2014.

R W B

I would say do it atleast once. I've done the Halloween party once and Xmas party twice now and my g/f and I enjoy both. Some people don't like spending the extra $$ but if you have it, why not? We always try to catch all of the party only events since that's what you're paying extra for. Some people go because of the shorter ride lines, I personally don't care about that.

danpam1024

I'm sorry, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Christmas parade- it doesn't seem like Christmastime without it- even if it costs $60/ person. In a pinch, the Jingle Jungle Parade will do :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
So my girlfriend and I are going to Disney in December. I'm a former CM and this is our first trip together.

I've done Not So Scary and I was disappointed. The Horseman didn't ride, and it just was lack luster.

Is MVMCP worth the $60 extra ticket?? If not, why? If so, why?
They are very similar. If you did not like Halloween, I would say you will probably not like Christmas. I do think the party nights are a great thing to do at least once.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
I'll start by saying I love Christmas and I enjoyed the Christmas party. That being said, barring the snow on MSUSA, most of the enjoyment I got from being there in the Christmas season was available without MVMCP. The resorts fully decorated, Osborne Family Lights, Candlelight Processional, etc... Holiday Wishes and the snow were certainly special but the majority of the memories for us weren't party exclusive. Christmas season is special and Christmas at WDW is very special. I'm glad we went and we may go every 3 or 4 years to MVMCP but it's not a must do. We also have school age kids and the logistics of taking them out was a pain, but I don't believe that is an issue for you. Our next special event is just the wife and I for Night of Joy. I'd love to do MNSSHP this year, but have the whole logistics of kids in school to deal with again.

Figments Friend

I would say part of the appeal of these 'party' Events is the fact you get to stay in the MK later, and most of the attractions have little to no wait times.
You can literally just walk on the big ticket attractions such as Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Space Mountain.
That i would say is half of the reason to go.

The second half of the reason would be to take in the special entertainment options offered. The X-mas Event has a spectacular holiday parade and a decent themed fireworks show. I find the exclusive entertainment options well worth the additonal cost, coupled with the late hour advantages.

Also, if you are into meeting the Disney Characters, the parties often have characters availible for meet & greets that are rare if impossible to find in the Park normally. I believe for the X-mas party, Scrooge McDuck is a popular 'exclusive' as well as holiday-dressed Mickey and Minnie and Santa Goofy.

I have done several Halloween parties and loved them. Yet to have done a X-mas one, but i know they are very similar.

RonAnnArbor

Figment's Friend hit the nail on the head --- if you are going just for the "party" you will be sorely disappointed, especially if you didn't like the Halloween Party -- that being said, as adults, it certainly more fun to queue up to get free hot chocolate and cookies than it is to get teensy candy bars...

The Parade is nice -- the same one (minus celebrities) that you see on TV on Christmas Day....the shows have been whittled down to next to nothing -- one show in front of the Castle...the fireworks are about the same as ever, just to different music.

BUT -- and the big big but -- is that the rides and attractions are all walk-ons. The parties are designed primarily for Florida locals (though now its more crowded with resort guests than locals) and people go to the parades and holiday activities and avoid the attractions (some are closed, like COP)....but the coasters and ajor attractions will all be walkons. Its a park-riders dream night. But be forwarned -- the crowds at MVMCP are HUGE...so its not going to be a "leisurely stroll around the park on a holiday-themed evening" --

itsbetsyh

I don't think so. I like Halloween better. I was really not that impressed with Christmas. However, my daughter loves them both so we always go to both, but my preference is Halloween. I find the Christmas show to be dated and a bit cheesy.

luv

MVMCP isn't close to as good as MNSSHP. If you didn't like the latter, I doubt you'll like the former.

But I really think that everyone should try it and see for themselves.

Tinkerbell 8

I'm looking forward to my first MVMCP this November. I really enjoyed the MNSSHP last year, we didn't do any rides, we met a few characters, took some special pictures and watched the villians show, parade and fireworks. I think that paying the extra money was worth the fireworks alone, they were amazing. My feeling is if you have the money for the extra tickets, you might as well try it once to find out if you like it or not. Everybody has a different experience and expectations. Does anybody know which characters tend to come out for the MVMCP?

testtrackalumni

Original Poster
Thank you all for your input! I love Disney at Christmas, but to me MVMCP seemed like $60 for a parade, cookies, and a few extra hours to ride attractions. I can live with not doing that.

I can't wait to see Osbourne Lights!!! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom