News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2023

TheMaxRebo

I felt it was comparable to what I’ve seen in the past, personally. It wasn’t a light crowd by any means like I’ve seen a lot suggest.

Also - I’ve gone to the party 12 years in a row and I’ve never seen the entry line look like that. I wish I had thought to snap photos because that was really something 😅

This was the view we encountered. We are in line for security coming from the bus area ... we then had to go up and get into the line you see up on the left which is a switchback, so into the end, back down through the gate and back up where they have a merge point with folks coming from the monorails

I snapped this at 3:50, and we were in the park at 4:04 .... so it looks intimidating but it is pretty efficient/moves fast
PXL_20230829_195034900.jpg

TheMaxRebo

The next Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party date to sell out is October 10.

At this point in 2022, there were only 8 party dates not sold out.

Here are the 19 dates still available this year -

Sept. 19, 26, 28, 29
Oct. 3, 5, 6, 9, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 22, 24, 26, 27, 29
Nov. 1

Seems like the earlier/cheaper dates sold out faster this year but the rest are selling slower ... guessing the ceiling on pricing has be reached (plus last year had some "revenge travel" FOMO built in)

adam.adbe

Seems like the earlier/cheaper dates sold out faster this year but the rest are selling slower ... guessing the ceiling on pricing has be reached (plus last year had some "revenge travel" FOMO built in)
You can't really make that assessment until we hit a party that hasn't sold out. It makes no difference to Disney if tickets sell out months before, or the week of, and arguably the latter is a better guest experience than the Oogie Boogie crap show.

If some October dates don't sell fully, that'll indeed be an interesting turn up.

Dan Deesnee

The US consumer is drying up. Savings have cratered and credit card debt has surged. All of this while inflation remains much higher than what is officially reported.

Disney is in for a rude awakening with their overpriced premium events and services. My family and I are going with several other families in November. All of us could easily afford the party but everyone basically laughed at the party prices and collectively agreed that it wasn't worth it.

Trekkie101

Having attended last year and this year, it felt a lot quieter this year.

Trick or treat queues were smaller.
Treat trails are almost gone, replaced with character interactions.
Attraction queues were nonexistent all night.

We got parade viewing spots without any hassle just a few minutes before the parade. We got fireworks spots in the hub about 5 minutes before the show.

Walked onto a monorail after the second parade. I honestly could barely believe how much calmer this year was. Especially considering it was “sold out”.

CntrlFlPete

personally, I found last nights party rather crowded. It was tough to move around the park, ride queues didn't drop down until around 9 PM. Peter Pan was at 50 minutes, HM posted 13 minutes while it took us 25 minutes to get on the ride. Around 9, queues started to drop (saw PP at 35 minutes) and a lot more walk ons.

When it came time for the 2nd parade, we found the route 5 people deep for most of the route, the only 'easy' place was in front of City Hall. We left just b4 the 2nd parade ended and we saw two monorails load before we could get on the 3rd one.

RoadiJeff

What a contrast on the last two replies and crowds. I will find out on the 24th when we will be there and I will post my experience.

I've been occasionally practicing for the TRON virtual queue and the micro second timing to get a low number. Today, I got in BG 5. ;)

Cliff

Question: Has every event "sold out" on the evening of it starting? In other words,...does every event eventually "sell out" right as it starts?

People are wartching public wait times and event ticket sales in order to guage how busy the parks actually are. Disney knows this and it is VERY much in their favor to display long wait times and show every event night as "sold out".

Disney does not reveal actual ticket sales numbers or real attendance numbers to the public. So,...people try other ways to guage attendance.

For those who believe there is no parks slow down, Bob Iger admitted it twice, once in a live interview where he blamed it on excessive Florida heat and again on the investor call where they blamed it on the incredible sucess of the 50th celebration. (He suggested that the 50th was so sucessfull that WDW in 2023 crowds were burned out from it)

Figments Friend

The 50th was a total bust as far as the actual Oct 1 st date goes.
Maybe a huge success in Disney’s eyes since the popcorn bucket and merchandise lines were stretching the length of Main Street the first few hours of operation.

Merchandise sales wise, it was a tremendous smash hit.
Actual substance and anything actually honoring the 50th that day was nil.
But there was some very cool ‘retro throwback’ merch and shop displays.
Still, the 50th in general was very disappointing for a long term Park fan.

But the 50th in all honestly was just a marketing campaign and merchandising campaign.
Sad but true, and I knew this going in….but wow, to do absolutely nothing on the actual day really sucked.
I was there….and yeah, it sucked.
Thanks, Bob.
🫤

But hey!
That’s all behind us now.

Back on topic….

MNSSHP!

Looking forward to Sunday….I will be there to experience this years’ edition.
Interesting to hear the different opinions here regarding the crowd levels.
Last year was bliss compared to the prior couple of years pre-Covid Apocolypse.
I am expecting this year to be similar, maybe even less.

-

Last edited:

JohnD

The 50th was a total bust as far as the actual Oct 1 st date goes.
Maybe a huge success in Disney’s eyes since the popcorn bucket and merchandise lines were stretching the length of Main Street the first few hours of operation.

Merchandise sales wise, it was a tremendous smash hit.
Actual substance and anything actually honoring the 50th that day was nil.
But there was some very cool ‘retro throwback’ merch and shop displays.
Still, the 50th in general was very disappointing for a long term Park fan.

But the 50th in all honestly was just a marketing campaign and merchandising campaign.
Sad but true, and I knew this going in….but wow, to do absolutely nothing on the actual day really sucked.
I was there….and yeah, it sucked.
Thanks, Bob.
🫤

But hey!
That’s all behind us now.

Back on topic….

MNSSHP!

Looking forward to Sunday….I will be there to experience this years’ edition.
Interesting to hear the different opinions here regarding the crowd levels.
Last year was bliss compared to the prior couple of years pre-Covid Apocolypse.
I am expecting this year to be similar, maybe even less.

-
I was there too. I agree with your assessment. I refused to stand in long queues on 10/1/21. I mean, I'm standing in MK 50 years to the day and I'm going to stand in line to buy stuff? No thanks. I admit I was in a much shorter queue the day prior in DS (about 5 minutes) and meandered into MK stores when they were walk in.

TheMaxRebo

Question: Has every event "sold out" on the evening of it starting? In other words,...does every event eventually "sell out" right as it starts?

People are wartching public wait times and event ticket sales in order to guage how busy the parks actually are. Disney knows this and it is VERY much in their favor to display long wait times and show every event night as "sold out".

Disney does not reveal actual ticket sales numbers or real attendance numbers to the public. So,...people try other ways to guage attendance.

For those who believe there is no parks slow down, Bob Iger admitted it twice, once in a live interview where he blamed it on excessive Florida heat and again on the investor call where they blamed it on the incredible sucess of the 50th celebration. (He suggested that the 50th was so sucessfull that WDW in 2023 crowds were burned out from it)

In the past they would sometimes have tickets for sale day of, I haven't seen any of that this year

But that is probably more prior to the pandemic when they tried to cram as many people in (at somewhat lower per person pricing) vs now that they are actually capping it (a long with a higher ticket price)

There is Def less total people going to WDW than in the past, but I do think the after hours events and parties are still selling pretty good (though the higher prices nights seem to be selling a little slower)

Cliff

In the past they would sometimes have tickets for sale day of, I haven't seen any of that this year

But that is probably more prior to the pandemic when they tried to cram as many people in (at somewhat lower per person pricing) vs now that they are actually capping it (a long with a higher ticket price)

There is Def less total people going to WDW than in the past, but I do think the after hours events and parties are still selling pretty good (though the higher prices nights seem to be selling a little slower)
So...is it fair to say that every night is labled as "sold out" every evening, regardless of how many people actually buy tickets?

TheMaxRebo

So...is it fair to say that every night is labled as "sold out" every evening, regardless of how many people actually buy tickets?

so far - but there are still nights not sold out, no idea what will happen if we get to those and they haven't sold out

Monkee Girl

We went to the party this past Tuesday - first time we have ever attended.

We had a very good time and would definitely do it again (though our night was $109 ... not sure if would pay $159 or $199)

We got there in the big crowd of people but we're in the park by 4:04. We did a few rides and shopped for merch as rain came down, then got in line for Elvis Stitch just before 6pm and got at VQ BG for Tron while in line. Out of meeting Stitch by 6:50 and then to Tron, off of that by 7:10

Then did Space Mountain (about 25 min wait) - way scarier in the dark. Then got a few treats and went to do Haunted Mansion and the magic shot there (about 20 and 10 minute wait respectively). Did some trick or treating and saw Pirate Band.

Then got a spot for the fireworks (enjoyed them and the Jack puppet is cool), then I got a spot for the parade while my wife and oldest watched the stage show. Parade was amazing - loved all the characters and how much the interacted with the crowd.

After parade, rest of family went home while my sone and I went to ride his favorite ride again - the Speedway (he rode it 5 times over 2 days). Then we were out of the park about 12:18am

As to crowds, if felt a bit higher than I expected but totally manageable and everyone being in costumes and in the spirit was great. Though, iView attachment 740604View attachment 740605View attachment 740606View attachment 740607View attachment 740608View attachment 740609f this is considered "low" compared to prior to the pandemic I am glad we skipped going then
you were in the Stitch line behind us. We got there and it started to pour while we were in Tomorrowland and got in line for Stitch. we were about 5th in line and he came out exactly at 6:26 (very cute!) he was adorable. We spent most of the party riding rides; not really my way of doing the party but some times you have to give and take. I've done the party a few years before and know I'll do it again so I wasn't crazy disappointed. Overall, we had a great time.

Attachments

• HALLOWEEN3.jpg
    HALLOWEEN3.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 42

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom