Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2017

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
At least this one doesn't impact the rest of the guests, though. I guess some people don't want to wait in line with the dirty masses to get candy?

It's essentially the Wishes! dessert party. Guests can no longer sit at the Tomorrowland Terrace to watch fireworks without paying. I haven't been to a MNSSHP in a number of years, so I don't recall if you were able to sit there and watch HalloWishes or not.

So, a premium offering on top of a premium event. Apparently some people just cannot attend an event, any event, without needing to "feel special"...

Bairstow

Good grief... "The event costs $79 for adults, $47 ages 3-9, and includes reserved firework viewing and a Halloween themed dessert party. A ticket to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is also required."

Welcome to Walt Disney World! For your convenience, please hand over your wallet, credit cards, and banking information. Have a MAGICAL!!! time!

Eh. It's a (stupid) optional upgrade to a premium after-hours ticketed event. I feel more antipathy for the people who would pay for such malarkey than towards Disney for offering it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Eh. It's a (stupid) optional upgrade to a premium after-hours ticketed event. I feel more antipathy for the people who would pay for such malarkey than towards Disney for offering it.

I agree, it's a stupid moneyg... optional upgrade for an already "premium" event. Some people just have to "feel special", for whatever reason, and Disney knows they'll pay thru the nose for the privilege. They are simply catering to that small subset of guests.

jeremyg

Wish they would offer a lottery for stuff like this. It would be cool to get a call saying you've been selected to try out the Halloween Party, even if it's for a limited time.

Like HauntedPirate said, they are catering to a small subset of guests who can afford the experience. And I get that, so I'm not too upset. I'm going in Oct for 3 days and 4 nights for $1700, so I'm super stoked about that. Paying an extra $1000 just for one night is not in the cards when on a strict budget. What I don't like is the fact that it cuts into the normal hours for regular guest. Not having a park hopper just means I have to choose a more busy day (weekend) to go to MK and plan a different park(s) on the Halloween Party nights. Just an inconvenience. Sorry for the rant. Some day I will partake in this awesome event.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So with apologies and wading through 11 pages did Disney website correct or is Splash Thunder and Dwarf still off the attraction offering for the party?

I am Timmy

I'm going for my first ever MNSSHP and I'm pumped! We're going on our last day of vacation so we can end our trip with MK fireworks (a tradition). We've got costumes all set (Figment and Dreamfinder!) and I couldn't be more excited! Anyone have an tips (other than getting Jack & Sally's autograph/photo early)? We read the costume rules and we're all clear, and we were planning on spending the morning in the park, leaving and then returning for the event.
If you enjoy Hocus Pocus (we're huge fans!) the Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular is not to be missed! We watched the first show the first year, loved it so much we hit the 2nd. Same with the following year. Disney nailed it with the actresses that play the Sanderson sisters! Voices, looks, mannerisms - sheer joy to watch. Truly was a highlight for us.

DisneyGirl3820

I was shocked it's starting so early but so happy because we'll be able to go to the Tuesday one (8/29?) when we're there at the end of the summer. Does that mean that the all the parks will be decorated by that point? Every year we go to the party in October and it has become so crowded that I'm hoping that this will be better and we can actually get onto rides easier. I know there's a capacity limit but in the recent years, I truly feel Disney has raised that limit to accommodate more party-goers and get that money for the pricey tickets.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I was shocked it's starting so early but so happy because we'll be able to go to the Tuesday one (8/29?) when we're there at the end of the summer. Does that mean that the all the parks will be decorated by that point? Every year we go to the party in October and it has become so crowded that I'm hoping that this will be better and we can actually get onto rides easier. I know there's a capacity limit but in the recent years, I truly feel Disney has raised that limit to accommodate more party-goers and get that money for the pricey tickets.

For Halloween/Fall, it's really only the MK that gets decorated. And it will be fully decorated in time for the first Halloween party.

matt clark

yeeeeessssssssssssssssss I was able to book a reservation for be our guest on September 24th @ 6:30 pm. How friggin sweet.. get into the park between 3:30 and 4... book two fast passes... ride two rides... then enjoy a great dinner... then jump into the party mode/ trick or treating probably only 15 to 20 minutes after it officially kicks off. Doesnt get much better than that!

freediverdude

Looking forward to being able to see the 4th of July fireworks in April soon, will be much more convenient. Hoping there will be a specially priced premium event.

Last edited:
We are very happy to see the September 1 st date as a Halloween Party. We have been planning our trip for awhile and we planned it around that being a party day. We are arriving that day in the morning and planned on getting to MK at 4:00 PM with our costumes on. The adults are just wearing Halloween t shirts but my two girls want to dress like Moana. They love Halloween especially if it not to scary. Haha.

thats awesome! we dont arrive until saturday, we planned since december 2016. Have fun!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Okay, so I honestly am all cool with premium events.

But a premium on top of a premium... what the actual heck...

It reminds me of the Frassier episode where Niles and Frassier join a health spa.

They keep wanting access to the "more exclusive" area, and eventually get to what they believe is the most exclusive part of the club.

Then they see one more door and must find a way into it.

Donned in just their robes, complete with cucumber facials obscuring their vision, they make their way thru the final door...

And find themselves locked in an alley behind the spa next to the dumpsters.

This. This is what I think about an exclusive dessert party at a premium event noted for serving: free desserts.

Garbage.
La Port d'Argent, I believe...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Good grief... "The event costs $79 for adults, $47 ages 3-9, and includes reserved firework viewing and a Halloween themed dessert party. A ticket to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is also required."

Welcome to Walt Disney World! For your convenience, please hand over your wallet, credit cards, and banking information. Have a MAGICAL!!! time!
That's not enough. I want VIP Tour Plaids available to see me to my dessert party so I can have an upcharge to my upcharge to my upcharge.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
That's not enough. I want VIP Tour Plaids available to see me to my dessert party so I can have an upcharge to my upcharge to my upcharge.

Do you want security to part the unwashed masses and to walk on rose petals to your dessert party seat as well? Just flash your Platinum card or a wad of cash and it can be yours.

Cousin Huet

I'm a generally positive person with the stuff that gets done, I usually complain about what isn't done, but this Halloween in August stuff is crazy to me. I can tolerate September but it is really odd in August.....if these things are helping with all the plans and changes then so be it as we don't go during that time but that definitely would not do it for me. Just come up with some other kind of party......"Mickey's Long Summer Nights" or something beach party themed....."End of Summer Bash" run it all August if you want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom