Mickey's Christmas Party...worth attending?

love disney

Hey everyone. I have never been to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and was wondering if it was worth going to? I don't have any kids, so it would just be two 20/30-somethings going (we just got back from a trip in the end of October...so nice to just be a 2 hour drive away!).

So, what do you think? Is it worth the money? If you think it is worth it, why? I would appreciate any help/input any of you could give me.

Thanks!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Yes definitely worth going. No kids for me yet either, and my fiance and I are both mid 20's. We have been down to Disney around christmas a few times, and we always go to the party. To be fair I am a bit of a christmas nut. My house is decorated with close to 100,000 lights, and I just can't get enough of it. If you are into christmas, its a must do. If your not, it is still nice to be in the park with a limited number of people so you are able to navigate the park easier and get on more rides. So either way, I say go for it.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hey everyone. I have never been to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and was wondering if it was worth going to? I don't have any kids, so it would just be two 20/30-somethings going (we just got back from a trip in the end of October...so nice to just be a 2 hour drive away!).

So, what do you think? Is it worth the money? If you think it is worth it, why? I would appreciate any help/input any of you could give me.

Thanks!

Check out the reviews at http://www.wdwmagic.com/Events/Mickeys-Very-Merry-Christmas-Party/Reviews.htm

Upvote 0

hawkwood

I would say yes, it is worth going. My wife and I (early 40's, no kids) went last year, and are going again this year. My wife loves the Christmas holidays, and really gets into the spirit when we are there. I am NOT a big fan of Christmas for the most part, but I do find myself also getting into the spirit of things. Fun atmosphere, not super-crowded..plus it seems that people are friendlier than what you normally get in a park (at least from my own, cynical experiences... :) )

Upvote 0

chama1

Yes it's worth it. We are in our 50's - 60's children grown, we went last year loved it so much we're doing it again this year. It reminds us of back north during holiday season with the snow flakes, the music, the decorations, etc. The hot coco and cookies are not that bad either. It's not as crowded so you can just stroll around the park or sit down and people watch is always fun.

Upvote 0

goofykt

Yes definitely worth going. No kids for me yet either, and my fiance and I are both mid 20's. We have been down to Disney around christmas a few times, and we always go to the party. To be fair I am a bit of a christmas nut. My house is decorated with close to 100,000 lights, and I just can't get enough of it. If you are into christmas, its a must do. If your not, it is still nice to be in the park with a limited number of people so you are able to navigate the park easier and get on more rides. So either way, I say go for it.

That's pretty much my DH and I in a nutshell! Mid 20 somethings with no kids and a rabid love of both Christmas and Disney...haha. Right now I'm fighting my husband to let me put up our Christmas tree (and watch Elf...love that movie!) He only says no because he doesn't want to start too early and get "burnt out"...I say there's no such thing!

Upvote 0

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I would go at least once, just for the experience. Now, they have replaced the Night Before Christmas Show with a new Monsters/Stitch one, which to me is unfortunate. But all of the other things to do and see there will still make the trip worth your time.

Upvote 0

TTFN-Tiggger

I think it is worth it! Adults love it just as much as the kids. I enjoy parade, fireworks and the Twas the night before Christmas show. The cookies and cocoa are a bonus too! If you enjoy Christmas at all you will LOVE it!!:xmas:

Upvote 0

pacochran

I would say that it's good to do it at least once. Going down Main Street US with the snow falling is nice, the hot chocolate and sugar cookies are also a nice touch. There is the special parade, as well as shows.

Upvote 0

corey154

I'm 32, I live locally, although I do have a daughter, I'd still go even if I didn't. I go every year with my mother and daughter and the three of us love it. It's hard for me to get into the Christmas spirit here in Florida and going to the Christmas party always puts me in the spirit. I'd say at least try it once and see how you like it. We went to Halloween party for the first time and we really liked it, but my daughter still liked the Christmas party the best. Most of your expeirence will depend on the weather too. We've gone on cold nights and warm nights, and the cooler nights are the best. We go at the begining of December, the crowds aren't bad at all. My favorite part is Main Street after it gets dark, the smells, sights, and sounds are the best during the Christmas party. (for the party they start letting you in at 4pm even though it doesn't start until 7pm...you can get in some of the rides that close at 7 so you feel like you're getting a little extra for your money) Also, the later you stay the less crowded it is.

Upvote 0

love disney

Original Poster
Thank you all for your input! Sounds like it would be a lot of fun, hopefully I won't have to go alone. :( Is the firework show significantly different (or more impressive) than Wishes? I have read a description but would appreciate personal opinions from those you have seen it. :)

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Thank you all for your input! Sounds like it would be a lot of fun, hopefully I won't have to go alone. :( Is the firework show significantly different (or more impressive) than Wishes? I have read a description but would appreciate personal opinions from those you have seen it. :)

It is AMAZING!!!! The best way to get a feel is watch YouTube Vids.

Upvote 0

heartodisney

picture.php

In an answer...YES! My wife and I were there in 07..she in her late 30's and I in my late 40's..you could have sworn we were little kids! There are two parades a night, skip the first and PLAY! Meet Santa..ride rides..meet characters..drink hot chocolate...eat cookies..ENJOY! Then go find a seat on Main Street, listen to the music and enjoy the SNOW in Florida!

Upvote 0

elatino

Went last year with my partner and my parents no kids on the trip. We had a great time but would not do it again . But if you have never done it I guess you should go and check it out.

Upvote 0

AGentlRose

I would say definitely yes. My DH and I are in our 50s, we went last year and had a great time. It was lovely to have the park with a smaller crowd, had a comfortable spot to watch the parade in front of the Liberty Tree Tavern, very minimal waits for the rides and of course, my favorite, the snow on Main St. We loved it so much that we're going again this year.

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Absolutely. Especially if you're never gone. I'm planning on attending my 3rd party this year. First time was with DD18, and we loved seeing all the characters in their Holiday costumes, and the short lines for the rides. Last year was me, my sister and her 2 grandkids - had a blast. And this year, I'm going solo.

Upvote 0

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
That's pretty much my DH and I in a nutshell! Mid 20 somethings with no kids and a rabid love of both Christmas and Disney...haha. Right now I'm fighting my husband to let me put up our Christmas tree (and watch Elf...love that movie!) He only says no because he doesn't want to start too early and get "burnt out"...I say there's no such thing!

There is no such thing as burnt out or too early. We get started the day after Halloween.

Upvote 0

durangojim

I would do it once, and then never again. IMO there's too little going on, and it's really no different than being in the parks the week of Christmas. It pales in comparison to MNSSHP which we try to go to every year.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom