MickeyMed 7/25/2014 12 Night Cruise

DISNEY FANTASY

Original Poster
A great day in Malta today firstly weather wise it was very hot and dry getting to 32c and kill the breeze it felt the hottest of all the ports of call. We toured the island on a private tour details in the earlier posts, starting at 8am and finishing just after 4pm. Highlight for me was the boat trip to the blue grotto beautiful. St Johns Cathedral was also impressive. We had lunch in a fishing port which was nice, we are about to leave our last port of call, already feeling the last day of the cruise. We have tip sheets I am pre paid bar concierge which has a new tipping sheet. We have a lithograph gift by Don Ducky Williams and a new sign on the bed if you take anything from the room you will be charged for it. We have disembarkation information and luggage tags already it does feel like last night. It's been a great cruise we have seen so many places some we have been to before some new. These European cruises are the most profitable for DCL as well as a full ship at high prices all you need to do is see the forty odd coaches organised by DCL lined up in each port, the people booking DCL private tours say ten in each port at high prices , it's now the most profitable cruises above Alaska.Tonights show is "junk" music played on non instruments, ie Junk. Dinner is captains gala.

Disneyfalcon

Karl Holz knocked on your door. Lol, that's awesome.

My strongest memory of Ephesus is the sweating. So much sweating. My word it was hot. Really really neat though.

We also really enjoyed Malta as well.
Glad you're still having fun! :)

DISNEY FANTASY

Original Poster
Sea day four / End of the cruise.

Well the inevitable comes, it's the last full cruise day and we are now all think I g about disembarkation tomorrow. On reflection it has been a fantastic cruise.

The plans for the day, well I was up early and went to Cabanas for breakfast the rest of the family had a lay in. Weather wise it's sunny blue sky's but a very strong breeze, partly as we are going very fast at 20 knots but also in the open seas. The seas are choppy but on our deck and pool deck we do not feel any movement.

I went for a swim in Cove cafe, fine water was a bit cold but ok to swim on, lots of people have reserved chairs with towels but few people there and not being enforced as before.

Tonight's show is Disney Dreams and the meal is till we meet again and in the lobby they will have the till we meet again character parade at 10.15pm.

I have just finalised my tips, increasing them for everyone above the pre paid amounts and also instructed guest services for the concierge tip.

We have our second Palo brunch at 12 noon today so more lunch than brunch, and then we need to think about packing for disembarkation.

Highlights, so pleased we booked our own private tours in each port that worked very well and those who joined us fully agreed, seeing the forty odd coaches outside on arrival each day and the groups being bearded around on whisper systems, not getting good photo opportunities hitting the restrooms and lunch all at the same time, our decisions were sound there. Service overall has been above and beyond expectations, they have gone a few notches up on this cruise, only encounter one rude staff member an officer, but the rest have been very nice and accommodating. On board booking desk is doing a roaring trade and when people ask to book the Norwegian fjord cruises it's often sorry sold out. The Baltic's 2015 are similar nearly sold out.

DCL is fully aware how popular the European cruises are and are looking at the future.

Interesting development of the cruise was that they had the International ambassador, Arnaldo, who in very show translated into Spanish what Brent had said. It does take an extra five minutes to deliver which eats into show time. It shows how popular the cruises are with Spaniards, some 25% on this cruise and increasing on the for coming 4/6/7 night cruises with dinner moved to 9pm for late sitting.

A word about last nights show, Junk, from the UK a very good show to a full house and very well received, very funny, just do not try to leave the show whilst it is on.

The guest entertainers overall have been very good, the extra. DCL cast shows, over Dreams, Villains, and Twice Charmed have been a little sub park with The dream goes on more like a Disney advert.

Internet has remained very good all cruise but it's fast to use up on the data packages now.

Shops have been doing a roaring grade selling out of some goods and clothing sizes early.

It was said pre cruise on the Internet that we needed our passports on every port of call and we took them they do remind you on the ship to take photo ID, whilst they asked this not once did we every show or were asked to show our passports or photo ID, any port with security just checked your cruise card and on the ship they have your photo linked to the card. They are however most strict on children below 18 they cannot get off unless the parent is there and the parent scans their card just before the child.

We have been told this is the re imagined Magic, well to me it's been the good old Magic with a couple of upgrades, 95% of it is the old Magic, Cabanas is the most noticeable improvement and works very well, we were used to it from the Fantasy. The rest blends in as it was before, Carioca's is basically Parrot Cay with new lampshades, Animators has been brought up to date and was great to be in on Pirate night. Animation Magic was fun brought over from the Fantasy. The kids clubs look nice, as well as the adult district After hours but it's more of a facelift than a change.

We have taken thousands of photos and have all the navigators these will uploaded post our holiday, we have a tour on Thursday picking us up in the port and dropping us at our hotel for two nights, then Friday we have some visits booked in Barcelona before flying back Saturday afternoon.

For those who have been reading my blog and I know it's a heck of a lot of people from the hits, a big thank you, keep tuned and bookmarked as we have the quality photos and inflation to come that we can't post on the spot, whilst we are on vacation.

We have our tips prepared, we have Chip and Dale luggage tags, and welcome to Barcelona instructions. Brent said he is on ship for a few more cruises in the Med then his ACD Natalie takes over. Our concierge Angelia leaves this cruise and is taken over by Wendy.

Great weather all this cruise hot sunny, blue sky's maybe a bit to hot.

DISNEY FANTASY

Original Poster
Karl Holz knocked on your door. Lol, that's awesome.

My strongest memory of Ephesus is the sweating. So much sweating. My word it was hot. Really really neat though.

We also really enjoyed Malta as well.
Glad you're still having fun! :)
I have had a chat with him about six odd times now he is a very very nice man.

Disneyfalcon

DCL is fully aware how popular the European cruises are and are looking at the future.

A word about last nights show, Junk, from the UK a very good show to a full house and very well received, very funny, just do not try to leave the show whilst it is on.

That 12 night Norway/Iceland cruise is insane how quickly it filled up. The prices are stunning for what little is left.

We loved Junk. And did not leave early. :)

Thanks for the report, Andrew! I hope your trip ends well!

DISNEY FANTASY

Original Poster
We'll we are now off the cruise and will tour and stay in Barcelona until the weekend. Disembarkation was fast we had 7am breakfast and we saw people start to get off at 7.12 we got off at 7.45 just a walk through luggage in one areaike a warehouse and no border control straight out. Plenty of taxis and DCL coaches and private transfers waiting. It's getting crowded now.

DISNEY FANTASY

Original Poster
Thanks for the report and pics. We did the 12 night med cruise in June from Barcelone to Venice. The Greek itinerary in definitely on our bucket list.

Great I trust you enjoyed yours ours was great, pity they will not repeat the Longer Med cruises until 2016 but we have the Baltic.

Ralphlaw

No, Facebook scares me. We're also doing the Adventure by Disney on the ship, and I think our cabin # is 6560, but I'll have to check on that.

DISNEY FANTASY

Original Poster
No, Facebook scares me. We're also doing the Adventure by Disney on the ship, and I think our cabin # is 6560, but I'll have to check on that.
You should come and join us, a nice crowd, many have sailed the Baltic before, many from the UK, if your staying in a London pre cruise and ABD do not transfer you a member of the group has organised coach transportation from London to Dover.

There are a few like me who live and work in London so you can ask questions on that.

It's a closed group do you can't search it on FB but ask to be invited.

Most welcome to join us, and LS this cruise is nearly sold out.

DISNEY FANTASY

Original Poster
jenseib;52102066 said:
I am still going through my pictures and I sure hope I took one that doesn't have a pole in it. :rotfl:
It's very hard not go get a pole in that view, or someone there getting food.
Villefrance, France.

MickeyMed extra1 191
by Andrew D Porter, on Flickr
And out a bit.

MickeyMed extra1 190
And the tender port and the rsilway station.

MickeyMed extra1 188

MickeyMed extra1 184
Far more on the link in the signature line from 12 nights on a Med cruise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom