MEW's Dream Disney Resort - The Final Chapter - Winner of a Lemon Tree Award, Sponsored by Applebees

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Hmm...I do like the idea of having a Downtown Disney themed to an international marketplace. The only issue I'd run into is not being able to include attractions to my liking... After some careful consideration on the plane ride home, I think I'm going to pass on including the second park. Having one supersized MK is the whole point of this thread in the first place, so I might as well stick with my original gut feeling. I'll definitely carry over plenty of the ideas I had in mind for Disney's Earth, including a colonial America area, an expanded Adventureland, and a better Tomorrowland with a stronger emphasis on inspiration from "classic Future World." Also, I'll definitely be nixing Mission Space from Tomorrowland. Wow, I really disliked that attraction, haha.

Off-topic, but if anyone wanted to know, here are my favorite attractions from my trip to WDW this past week.

1. Frozen Ever After
2. Spaceship Earth
3. The Haunted Mansion
4. For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing Along (seriously, this show was hysterical)
5. Star Wars: A Galactic Celebration
6. Country Bear Jamboree
7. Expedition Everest
8. The Great Movie Ride
9. Living with the Land
10. Hall of Presidents/American Adventure (a solid tie)

All in all, DLR will always be my favorite resort, but man, I would drop everything to visit WDW again. Epcot was by far my favorite park of the trip. The sheer size and quality of the park had me with my jaw on the floor.

And my least favorite attractions...

1. Ellen's Energy Adventure (sad, but true)
2. Journey Into Imagination
3. Mission Space

And of course, I missed out on a few things that I would have liked to have visited, including:

1. Maharajah Jungle Trek
2. Festival of The Lion King
3. Big Thunder Mountain
4. Splash Mountain
5. Stitch's Great Escape
6. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
7. Tower of Terror
8. Rock n' Roller Coaster
9. Kali River Rapids
10. Japan Pavilion

Otherwise, I think I hit everything that I would have liked to have seen. Getting on Frozen Ever After with a 60 minute wait was definitely good luck on our part, it never went below 100 minutes after we disembarked from the attraction.

In terms of the final draft, I've been thinking about Universe of Energy and why the only thing worth salvaging from the attraction is the dinosaur sequence... Well, even then the animatronics and lighting in this portion of the attraction were so out of shape that it was more creepy carnival nightmare than awe-inspiring Disney theatricals. That being said, I'm thinking that for Adventures in Cinema, my park's take on the Great Movie Ride, a Fantasia-centered sequence featuring "The Rite of Spring" will showcase a slow-moving trek through a jungle filled with menacing dinosaurs, a la Universe of Energy. The jungle will subdue into a vast desert, straight from this portion of the animated classic:

After witnessing the beginnings of a mass extinction, the sands of the desert will transition into the Pyramids of Giza, followed by a trip beneath the earth and into the catacombs of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

As it stands right now, the final draft of my Mega Kingdom tentatively includes:

1. Eliasburg
2. Adventureland
3. Westernland
4. The Badlands
5. Fantasyland
6. Discovery Bay
7. Tomorrowland
8. Marvel City
9. Mos Eisley Spaceport
10. Starport 55
11. Hollywoodland
12. Surprise Land

Starport 55 and the "surprise land" are clearly the two newest additions to this project. Starport 55 is a play on my old idea for Spaceport 55, a sci-fi-induced airport with plenty of outrageous material and attractions reminiscent of the defunct Tomorrowland 2055 concept. As Mos Eisley boasts the title of "Spaceport," I've simply bumped the name down to "Starport." Easy. As for the surprise land...well, it's a surprise!

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Oh yes... I'll probably end it over Disneyland Australia since the park is so impressive in size and scale. Sydney will remain as apart of the film for obvious reasons, just a little earlier than the finale.

Twilight_Roxas

Because I like the order of how Soarin starts because this order makes sense.
Matterhorn in Switzerland
Isfjord, Greenland
Sydney Harbour in Sydney, Australia
Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria, Germany
Kilimanjaro National Park and Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania
The Great Wall in China
The Great Pyramids in Egypt
Taj Mahal in Uttar Pradesh, India
West and East Mitten Buttes in Monument Valley, Utah, United States
Lau Islands, Fiji
Iguazu Falls, Argentina
Eiffel Tower in Paris, France
Disneyland Australia

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Yes, I'm not planning on a direct lift of Soarin' Around the World. It's going to be similar but have different locations, as such, but not in this particular order:

- Machu Picchu, Peru
- The Golden Gate Bridge, California
- Sydney Harbour, Australia
- The Eiffel Tower, France
- Antarctica
- Big Ben, England
- The Matterhorn, Switzerland
- Mount Everest, Tibet
- Taj Mahal, India
- The Pyramids of Giza, Egypt
- Niagara Falls, Canada
- The Statue of Liberty, New York
- Mount Rushmore, North Dakota
- The Grand Canyon, Arizona
- Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
- Christ the Redeemer, Brazil
- Chichen Itza, Mexico
- Waikiki Beach, Hawaii
- The Roman Colosseum, Italy
- Petra, Jordan
- Monument Valley, Utah
- Tokyo, Japan
- Disneyland Australia, Australia

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
ec89157b3a29a897a1b6c91fd8902c37.jpg

This is WESTCOT Center. Everyone say hi, WESTCOT Center!

"Hi, WESTCOT Center!"

Anyhow, after careful research and consideration, the planned but never-realized expansion of the Disneyland Resort in the early 1990s (an expansion in which included the Disneyland Bowl, a 5,000-seat amphitheater, multiple hotels, a water-side Downtown Disney, and West Coast take on Epcot with a 300-ft icon dubbed "Spacestation Earth," rather than "Spaceship Earth") will play a key role in the execution of the Disneyland Australia Resort, mostly in regards to layout and design. Although the above image clearly represents Disney's (potential) real estate in Anaheim, California, wrap your minds a bit to enlarge the size of the pictured real estate and reformat it to match the presented ideas of Disneyland Australia. Use the number key below for further reference:

1. Grand Australian Hotel & Spa
2. Port Disney Shopping District
3. Disneyland Australia Park (1,000 Acres)
4. Disneyland Plaza & Disneyland Hotel
5. Disneyland Bowl (it is not where the pictured number is - rather, move it downward toward the amphitheater-shaped icon)
6. Port Disney Hotel & Port Disney Shopping District
7. Future Expansion Pad (290 Acres)
8. Port Disney & Overflow Parking (move the icon for 8 upward a bit and envision a large parking lot shifted to the real estate beneath 6)
9. Sorcerer's Point & Magic Way (the thematic vehicle-bound entryway to the resort)
10. Mickey & Friends Parking Structure, Hero's Lot, Villain's Lot (the two 10s off to the side of the blueprint are not included, only the 10 icon located in the upper left-hand corner)

Let's talk a bit about this future expansion pad... I am leaving this open in the instance that I am stricken for one too many ideas that would be unable to fit in the already massive Disneyland Australia Park. My first instinct is to create the world's second DisneySea with all the locales that are not present in the existing DisneySea, i.e.:

1. The Arctic
2. The South Pacific
3. The Caribbean
4. The Primeval Seas
5. The Pacific Coast
6. Sydney Harbour

However, I am debating on whether or not this would be a good idea...there are many ideas that I would like to keep contained within my Magic Kingdom rather than poured over into a possible second park. We will see.

FigmentPigments

ec89157b3a29a897a1b6c91fd8902c37.jpg

This is WESTCOT Center. Everyone say hi, WESTCOT Center!

"Hi, WESTCOT Center!"

Anyhow, after careful research and consideration, the planned but never-realized expansion of the Disneyland Resort in the early 1990s (an expansion in which included the Disneyland Bowl, a 5,000-seat amphitheater, multiple hotels, a water-side Downtown Disney, and West Coast take on Epcot with a 300-ft icon dubbed "Spacestation Earth," rather than "Spaceship Earth") will play a key role in the execution of the Disneyland Australia Resort, mostly in regards to layout and design. Although the above image clearly represents Disney's (potential) real estate in Anaheim, California, wrap your minds a bit to enlarge the size of the pictured real estate and reformat it to match the presented ideas of Disneyland Australia. Use the number key below for further reference:

1. Grand Australian Hotel & Spa
2. Port Disney Shopping District
3. Disneyland Australia Park (1,000 Acres)
4. Disneyland Plaza & Disneyland Hotel
5. Disneyland Bowl (it is not where the pictured number is - rather, move it downward toward the amphitheater-shaped icon)
6. Port Disney Hotel & Port Disney Shopping District
7. Future Expansion Pad (290 Acres)
8. Port Disney & Overflow Parking (move the icon for 8 upward a bit and envision a large parking lot shifted to the real estate beneath 6)
9. Sorcerer's Point & Magic Way (the thematic vehicle-bound entryway to the resort)
10. Mickey & Friends Parking Structure, Hero's Lot, Villain's Lot (the two 10s off to the side of the blueprint are not included, only the 10 icon located in the upper left-hand corner)

Let's talk a bit about this future expansion pad... I am leaving this open in the instance that I am stricken for one too many ideas that would be unable to fit in the already massive Disneyland Australia Park. My first instinct is to create the world's second DisneySea with all the locales that are not present in the existing DisneySea, i.e.:

1. The Arctic
2. The South Pacific
3. The Caribbean
4. The Primeval Seas
5. The Pacific Coast
6. Sydney Harbour

However, I am debating on whether or not this would be a good idea...there are many ideas that I would like to keep contained within my Magic Kingdom rather than poured over into a possible second park. We will see.
I'm all in favor of another SEA park, but if it's not going to be as big (ie include as many wonderful things to see and do) it might be better to keep it one park. One massive park to a relatively tiny one would be a little lopsided I think. However, let me just say that Animal Kingdom is by far my favorite park although most only consider it a half day park. I would much rather spend my time at Animal Kingdom enjoying the immersive atmosphere than riding rides I ridden many times before (and skip waiting in lines ;)).

If you do move some of the elements from Magic Kingdom over to this new park, it might open up space for other ideas in your Magic Kingdom while still including your original attraction ideas. I know you've had to cut out some ideas for various reasons. Are some of those ideas viable if you move some things over to DisneySea? Do you have some new ideas that you want to include but just don't fit with what you already have? Just some thoughts.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Well, that's the problem I'm facing. I'd also hate for one park to be 1,000 acres and the other only a measly 290 by comparison. 290 isn't even the size of Epcot, haha. There are some concepts from DLA that could hypothetically carry over to a second gate themed to an alternative DisneySea (POTC, Sindbad, Tiki Room, etc.), but ultimately, the entire purpose of this project is to create the world's largest MK. That's what you've all been following this whole time and in the end, that's what I want to deliver.

If anything, the 290 acres of undeveloped real estate south of the main gate could be saved for...gulp...a future expansion of DLA, or any other concept that may come trailing into my mind at some point or another. It's always good to leave a little extra room for your creative process.

FigmentPigments

Well, that's the problem I'm facing. I'd also hate for one park to be 1,000 acres and the other only a measly 290 by comparison. 290 isn't even the size of Epcot, haha. There are some concepts from DLA that could hypothetically carry over to a second gate themed to an alternative DisneySea (POTC, Sindbad, Tiki Room, etc.), but ultimately, the entire purpose of this project is to create the world's largest MK. That's what you've all been following this whole time and in the end, that's what I want to deliver.

If anything, the 290 acres of undeveloped real estate south of the main gate could be saved for...gulp...a future expansion of DLA, or any other concept that may come trailing into my mind at some point or another. It's always good to leave a little extra room for your creative process.
Very true. I definitely like the idea of an all inclusive park, and it was the start of your original vision. I would stick with your original vision then unless it becomes too hard NOT to have a second park. If you can reasonably fit it all in the Magic Kingdom (and not bother you too much), go for it. Besides, a second park would mean where to put it, opening gates, the look for the front of the park, what characters (if any), people, and transportation. If everything was already in one park, those concerns would not be necessary. That being said, I would hate to lose the Arctic and Primeval Seas, but I can hold out for the expansion. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom