Memory maker questions

Tracy0821

Original Poster
Im planning on buying the memory maker. Im staying offsite in a condo. Will i get all pics taken of us on card? As well as all ride pictures?

Tracy0821

Original Poster
Im so confused about this. Someone told me I couldnt have a magic band because I was not staying on Disney property. So I can get a magic band and have my memory maker on it?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Im so confused about this. Someone told me I couldnt have a magic band because I was not staying on Disney property. So I can get a magic band and have my memory maker on it?
Yes, but you must purchase a magic band. It will not be included as you are not staying on Disney Property (if you were, it would be free with your hotel reservation).

Tracy0821

Original Poster
thanks everyone. I had waited to purchase and when i did the memory maker advance purchase price went from 149.00 to 169.00. so annoying but i got it anyway. LOL

sbkline

So what if I don't buy a magic band? Does the memory maker option not work without it? Does everyone in the party have to have a magic band, or just me?

dreamfinder

So what if I don't buy a magic band? Does the memory maker option not work without it? Does everyone in the party have to have a magic band, or just me?

Memory Maker entitles you to the downloads of all the pictures in your Photopass account, regardless of how they go there. Everyone needs something that links the pictures back to your account. Either Magic Bands on the same reservation or linked via friends/family, or old fashioned Photopass cards that you added to your Photopass account. The bands come into play for the automatic linking of on ride photos. Without them you would still need to stop & claim your pictures after each ride with the Memory Maker lanyard card showing you paid for it. I'm not sure if the videos can be added that way or not. So is it needed? Nope. Does it make it easier? Yup.

racin23

I purchased the memory maker pre purchase for a january trip, will i get a memory maker lanyard? Or do i have to get it when i arrive?

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Where do off property guests get their MM lanyards? (we may purchase the package when we go in March, but we won't stay on property).

Last edited:

racin23

If you pre-purchase memory maker you recieve the card in the mail about 1-2 weeks after buying it. I just recieved mine today and its the card that signifies your memory maker purchase.

Kate Alan

If we have the band and have Memory Maker linked to it, do we still need to scan the band after disembarking the ride now, or does it automatically get added? They didn't have this in place when I was there in February so I had to go to the photo claim desk and get the card/my band scanned each ride, which I don't have an issue with, but if it isn't necessary to do anymore, that saves me a bit of time.

Rob562

If we have the band and have Memory Maker linked to it, do we still need to scan the band after disembarking the ride now, or does it automatically get added? They didn't have this in place when I was there in February so I had to go to the photo claim desk and get the card/my band scanned each ride, which I don't have an issue with, but if it isn't necessary to do anymore, that saves me a bit of time.

You can do it just to make sure. Worst-case scenario is that the photos will show up on your account twice.

Not sure if RnRC is on the list of auto-linking photos, but we didn't get the pics from the only time we rode is on our trip last month.

-Rob

lilclerk

You can do it just to make sure. Worst-case scenario is that the photos will show up on your account twice.

Not sure if RnRC is on the list of auto-linking photos, but we didn't get the pics from the only time we rode is on our trip last month.

-Rob
Our RnRC photos linked automatically in September & October. I wonder if it sometimes just doesn't "see" your MB, or it matches bands up incorrectly. For example, our Buzz Lightyear photo linked correctly one night, and a few nights later we got some random guy instead of us.

racin23

There should be a button you can click that says download or activate memory maker i think it depends if your on mobile or on your computer, then itll ask you to confirm you want to activate memory maker. Then if youre on your phone select an individual picture then hit download below it then you have to long tap the picture and hit save. on the computer you can download all at once.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom