Trip Report Meet the Floridians

Hello humans! :joyfull:

Most of you know me by now, but for those of you who haven't followed my past TR's (particularly my most recent), I'll do some brief introductions. :) Feel free to check out my past reports (in my signature) if you'd like!

Who: I'm Brittany! I'm 25 and completely Disney obsessed. My better half is Dylan, also 25 and not quite as Disney obsessed. :rolleyes: Prior to meeting me, he had never been to WDW! :eek: It was obviously top priority to remedy that. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5393.jpg

This is our baby, Tink. She also loves Disney. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e7.jpg

We got engaged in Magic Kingdom in June.. my dream come true! :inlove: Though our wedding won't take place in Disney, it will be Disney themed. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5397.jpg

While we were enjoying our time in the World, I accepted a 1st grade teaching position in Osceola County, Florida. Fast forward a month, and we packed up a U-Haul to relocate from Pennsylvania to the Sunshine State! :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53ec.jpg

We currently live 20 minutes from Disney property, and one of our first purchases should come as no surprise. ;) This report will be a collection of our adventures as annual passholders, and I'll update it with a Table of Contents as we go. Now, without further ado...

To all who come to this happy place, welcome! :joyfull:

Matt and Kelly

Sunday, July 16 cont.

We walked around and explored for a few minutes.. Some pictures as we wandered. :)
View attachment 218856

View attachment 218857

It's so picturesque. :inlove:
View attachment 218854

I think this magic shot is neat. :)
View attachment 218855

View attachment 218858

View attachment 218859

I had my eyes set on my new favorite Disney treat- a Pongu Lumpia. :hungry:
View attachment 218861

Get in my belly! :joyfull:
View attachment 218860

A few more shots while we waited for our FP+ window to open.
View attachment 218862

I hadn't noticed this guy before.. he's right at the entrance to Na'vi River Journey. :)
View attachment 218863

What is the treat???

blreinsel

Original Poster
I turn 35 on Monday, so I just wanted you to know, that this decade has been amazing. Easily the best decade of my life. You're going to LOVE your late twenties and early thirties!! :inlove::inlove:

Happy early birthday! :joyfull: I'm loving this part of my life so far, hopefully lots more "good" to come! :)

You my friend, are living the DREAM!!! :inlove:

I found you and a handful of others on here on Instagram (i'm moedilly115), so i'm expecting my feed to be filled with lots of Disney! :hilarious:

I really am! :joyfull: Happy to fill your feed with Disney!!

Another great day for you and another wonderful update for us. Win/win:)

Thanks for reading! Buying an AP was one of the best decisions I've ever made. :p

What is the treat???

The Pongu Lumpia is a pineapple, cream cheese concoction wrapped up in a flaky outer crust. SO GOOD. :hungry:

Gurt

Sooooo I've gotten a whole bunch of new Instagram follow requests in the last couple of days and I assume they're all from you lovely people. :p The only problem is that I don't know who is who! If you don't mind letting me know that you've followed me so I can connect the dots, I would appreciate it! :joyfull:

I am almost the same as I am here, G17urt, I have had Instagram for ages but I have never used it, more and more of my friends are using it so I figured my technofobe self better catch up with the times haha. My real name is Steph but my dad nick named me Gurt from being a baby.

Last edited:

PineapplePrincess

I just requested to follow you on Instagram. On there I'm nag861968. I'll be leaving for the bubble on Sunday. Not sure if I'll be doing a trip report when I get back, but I do plan on posting to Instagram while I'm there. I envy your Floridian status at the beginning of your career! I'm also a teacher, but I'm 8 years from retirement. My grand plan is to retire to Kissimmee and I have my eye on the Fairy Godmother job!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Love all the pictures but especially love the pictire of you and Dylan with the banshee flying overhead!!

I love that magic shot! :D

I am almost the same as I am here, G17urt, I have had Instagram for ages but I have never used it, more and more of my friends are using it so I figured my technofobe self better catch up with the times haha. My real name is Steph but my dad nick named me Gurt from being a baby.

That is so funny... my dad calls me Gurt, too! Lol :p

I just requested to follow you on Instagram. On there I'm nag861968. I'll be leaving for the bubble on Sunday. Not sure if I'll be doing a trip report when I get back, but I do plan on posting to Instagram while I'm there. I envy your Floridian status at the beginning of your career! I'm also a teacher, but I'm 8 years from retirement. My grand plan is to retire to Kissimmee and I have my eye on the Fairy Godmother job!

Exciting!! I hope you have a magical trip. :) I'm so excited that I get to start my career here! I'm hoping that I get to stay here until retirement. ;) I can't think of a better retirement plan than yours!

kaitertot5249

Sooooo I've gotten a whole bunch of new Instagram follow requests in the last couple of days and I assume they're all from you lovely people. :p The only problem is that I don't know who is who! If you don't mind letting me know that you've followed me so I can connect the dots, I would appreciate it! :joyfull:
I just followed you - I'm KaitlynFerrini on Instagram and I'm looking forward to stalking your Disney adventures :geek: You're well on your way to being Disney Instafmous!

blreinsel

Original Poster
I just followed you - I'm KaitlynFerrini on Instagram and I'm looking forward to stalking your Disney adventures :geek: You're well on your way to being Disney Instafmous!

I think I've gained more followers in the last week than I've gained in the last year put together. :hilarious: Maybe Disney will endorse me and I'll get paid to go to the parks. :p

blreinsel

Original Poster
Friday, July 21

One of the many perks that comes along with being passholders is the ability to purchase discounted tickets for the water parks. Not only can we purchase them for ourselves, but each of us can purchase 3 additional tickets for other people. Each ticket is $35 (+ tax), which is a pretty great deal if you ask me.

My parents also have a house in Florida (for their someday retirement), so every year when my brother and nephew come home to visit, the whole family comes to Florida for vacation. The deal was sweetened this year with being able to visit Dylan and I. :) My brother wanted to take my nephew to a waterpark, so I suggested utilizing our discount and doing a Disney park. He chose Blizzard Beach, so that was the plan for the day!

It was a beautiful, hot Florida day- perfect for a waterpark! However, please note the dark, threatening cloud hanging out in the sky. :cautious:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_547b.jpg

We took care of getting everybody's tickets and were soon making our way into the park.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_547c.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_547d.jpg

We rounded the corner and Olaf came into sight. :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_54b3.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_54b6.jpg

We stopped for a few group shots before going to claim a spot. My mom and dad are on the right, then Dylan and I, my nephew and my brother, and my brother's girlfriend and her daughter. It was always a longwinded conversation when CM's asked us where we were from... My parents live in Pennsylvania, we live in FL, my nephew lives in Arkansas, and the rest live in North Dakota. :hilarious:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5486.jpg

The sun was right in our eyes, so you'll have to excuse us. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5484.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_547f.jpg

We found a few chairs in the shade to put our things, but we also got a locker to store our valuables. We noticed this interesting sign as we walked around. o_O How many times has Rule #1 been broken that constituted the need to put it on a sign? :hilarious:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5481.jpg

I didn't take many pictures because I put my phone in the locker. Also, it rained most of the day. :mad: The park "temporarily closed" for like 2 hours after we had ridden one slide. It finally reopened long enough for us to ride one more before closing again. That closure only lasted about a half an hour before they reopened, so it wasn't as bad. As annoying as it was to sit around and wait with nothing to do, it was great because most everybody left. So when everything did finally reopen, we walked right on multiple times.

We ate lunch at Lottawatta Lodge and it was fine. The group tried a variety of things, but I had the chicken tenders and they were pretty good. I also had a frozen hot chocolate and it was YUMMY. :hungry: We were able to use our AP discount, so that was a plus.

We rode all of the slides except Summit Plummet. Dylan was brave and did Slush Gusher, but the rest of us sat that one one, too. ;)

Runoff Rapids is closed for refurbishment, so we didn't get to try that one.

My favorite was the Downhill Double Dipper, followed closely by Teamboat Springs.

We spent a little bit of time floating in Melt Away Bay, but I prefer more intense waves in my wave pools. :p We also made the full loop around Cross Country Creek.

Thoughts on Blizzard Beach.. We had fun, but I'm not a waterpark person. I thought that maybe a Disney waterpark would change my tune, but it really didn't. I find them incredibly boring and am ready to leave within an hour of being there, lol. I would like to try Typhoon Lagoon just for the sake of doing so, but I really don't feel the need to return to Blizzard Beach. I've seen others have a blast at the waterparks, so I really think it's more of a personal preference as opposed to the parks not being great.

I'll leave you with one last picture. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5482.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
I'm with you on the water parks!! I only go because the kids have a blast! I enjoy it, but I would much rather be in the parks! I personally enjoyed Typhoon Lagoon more than Blizzard Beach.

You'd think I would prefer being in the water and staying cool, but I'd rather sweat in the parks! Lol. It does seem like TL has more to offer than BB now that I look at them, but I've yet to find a waterpark that I actually want to stay at. :rolleyes:

12in12

I have never visited either Waterpark at WDW even though they are always included in my ticket.:oops:
Some how I always have better things to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom