Trip Report Meet the Floridians

Hello humans! :joyfull:

Most of you know me by now, but for those of you who haven't followed my past TR's (particularly my most recent), I'll do some brief introductions. :) Feel free to check out my past reports (in my signature) if you'd like!

Who: I'm Brittany! I'm 25 and completely Disney obsessed. My better half is Dylan, also 25 and not quite as Disney obsessed. :rolleyes: Prior to meeting me, he had never been to WDW! :eek: It was obviously top priority to remedy that. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5393.jpg

This is our baby, Tink. She also loves Disney. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e7.jpg

We got engaged in Magic Kingdom in June.. my dream come true! :inlove: Though our wedding won't take place in Disney, it will be Disney themed. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5397.jpg

While we were enjoying our time in the World, I accepted a 1st grade teaching position in Osceola County, Florida. Fast forward a month, and we packed up a U-Haul to relocate from Pennsylvania to the Sunshine State! :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53ec.jpg

We currently live 20 minutes from Disney property, and one of our first purchases should come as no surprise. ;) This report will be a collection of our adventures as annual passholders, and I'll update it with a Table of Contents as we go. Now, without further ado...

To all who come to this happy place, welcome! :joyfull:

amjt660

Premium Member
upload_2017-7-26_21-36-0.png

Since your birthday was on Friday July 14 you should have had a Pina Colava

but being the mischievous person that you are you probably didn't stick to the plan

However the fact that you mentioned me in your post and challenged me suggests that your are trying to fool me.....

This is turning into a scene from Princess Bride
upload_2017-7-26_21-38-37.png

I just go with Pina Colava

Max

blreinsel

Original Poster
I'm glad I have encouragement to plan more trips!! This is the kind of support I need in my life ;)

At your service. :p

View attachment 218699

Since your birthday was on Friday July 14 you should have had a Pina Colava

but being the mischievous person that you are you probably didn't stick to the plan

However the fact that you mentioned me in your post and challenged me suggests that your are trying to fool me.....

This is turning into a scene from Princess Bride
View attachment 218700

I just go with Pina Colava

Max

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I appreciate the amount of logic that went into your response. You sir are correct. :hungry::joyfull:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, July 16

Dylan had plans to golf for most of the morning/afternoon, so I of course had plans to go to Disney. :) My first solo trip! I got myself ready and walked out to my car, only to realize there was something wrong with it, preventing me from driving anywhere. :mad: Dylan checked it out when he got home and it ended up being a bubble in my tire.. he went and got me a new one the next day, so it was a relatively easy fix.. but that doesn't change the fact that my plans were ruined!

Fortunately for me, I have a pretty great fiancé who asked if I wanted to go after he got home from golfing. Well, if you insist. :rolleyes: Animal Kingdom was the chosen park for the evening. We arrived around 7pm and used the VIP entrance for the first time. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5428.jpg

It was a little crowded, so that was disappointing. But it didn't stop us from having a fun evening! :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_542a.jpg

I had never noticed this guy before. Just goes to show how many little details there are all over WDW that are so easily missed in the hustle and bustle of park touring!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_542c.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_542d.jpg

Nobody was home. :( I assume they were in "bed" for the evening.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_542f.jpg

We paused for a picture during the best time of the day lighting-wise. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_54af.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5430.jpg

We continued on our way and quickly approached our first FP+ for the evening.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5431.jpg

We passed by the theater, but unfortunately Rivers of Light wasn't in our plans for today.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5433.jpg

Where could we possibly be going? ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5434.jpg

kaitertot5249

I honestly didn't think anything of it until we walked up at 10:02pm and were turned away by a very un-Disneylike CM. :cautious: I told her we had a FP+ and thought maybe she'd let us through, but she was more concerned about the phone conversation she was having than dealing with us. I wasn't upset about the FP+, I was upset about how she treated us. I was also irritated when I glanced over and noticed a huge group of people being let into the standby line. :mad:
That's awful! Sorry you had to encounter and un-magical CM on YOUR BIRTHDAY of all days! At least the rest of your day was filled with enough magic to make up for it. Happy belated birthday :joyfull: !!

KBLovedDisney

Following along! This is awesome! I sooooo wish that the hubs and I could move to Florida and be close to the goodness that is Disney (my forever childhood dream). Also, I have always wanted to do a solo trip to Disney! I had a Gold Pass to Carowinds, and did that a few times solo throughout the year. Groups of people aren't used to seeing a solo girl walking around a theme park I must say :hilarious: So funny and cool at the same time

blreinsel

Original Poster
Happy birthday:happy:

Thank you! :)

I've seen so many reviews of the Frozen show since we got back and I'm regretting not going to watch!! I'm hoping with it being so popular, it won't be going anytime soon!! :)

I think it's safe to say that it'll be there for awhile! It's a huge hit! :)

As per usual, better late than never! Happy belated Birthday. I am so excited for this ever going TR :)

Thank you! Welcome aboard. :)

That's awful! Sorry you had to encounter and un-magical CM on YOUR BIRTHDAY of all days! At least the rest of your day was filled with enough magic to make up for it. Happy belated birthday :joyfull: !!

Thank you! :) The perfect day we had leading up to that point certainly did make up for it! Still, that's not an excuse for her to be so curt! :cautious:

Following along! This is awesome! I sooooo wish that the hubs and I could move to Florida and be close to the goodness that is Disney (my forever childhood dream). Also, I have always wanted to do a solo trip to Disney! I had a Gold Pass to Carowinds, and did that a few times solo throughout the year. Groups of people aren't used to seeing a solo girl walking around a theme park I must say :hilarious: So funny and cool at the same time

Welcome! :) We're so fortunate to have the opportunity to make this move and be so close to the magic! I never would have dreamed of doing a solo trip until reading about others here doing it! I'm excited about the thought of being able to walk around at my own pace and not worry about what anybody else wants to do. :p

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, July 16 cont.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5435.jpg

Finally on our way to dance with the Yeti!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5439.jpg

What a view! :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_543a.jpg

There was a man behind us SCREAMING the same phrase over and over again for the entire ride (in another language so we have no idea what he was saying). It was annoying at first, but then it started being funny because he wouldn't stop. :hilarious:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_54ae.jpg

After EE, we made our way toward my favorite place in Animal Kingdom- Pandora! :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_543c.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_543e.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5440.jpg

We stopped to watch these guys for a few minutes and were actually pretty entertained by them. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5442.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5443.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5444.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, July 16 cont.

We walked around and explored for a few minutes.. Some pictures as we wandered. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_544a.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_544b.jpg

It's so picturesque. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_54b1.jpg

I think this magic shot is neat. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_54b2.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_544c.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_544d.jpg

I had my eyes set on my new favorite Disney treat- a Pongu Lumpia. :hungry:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5450.jpg

Get in my belly! :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_544f.jpg

A few more shots while we waited for our FP+ window to open.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5454.jpg

I hadn't noticed this guy before.. he's right at the entrance to Na'vi River Journey. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5457.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, July 16 cont.

A few more shots before it was time for our FP+. There are SO many details in Pandora that make it as awesome as it is. I don't think I'll ever stop noticing new things when I'm there!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5458.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_545a.jpg

Our FP+ was for Na'vi River Journey, which I couldn't believe I got only a few days in advance. Not that it's that exciting of a ride, but it's still so new!

I love this part of the ride... Always look up! ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_545e.jpg

Most of these are a little blurry, but I'll include them anyway. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_545f.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5460.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5462.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5463.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5466.jpg

Honestly, I find this ride pretty relaxing. The music and lighting are strangely soothing. As I've said before, don't wait a long time for it. But if you get the chance to ride with a FP+ or a short wait, do it! :joyfull:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, July 16 cont.

After our river journey, Dylan asked me to see what the wait time was for Flight of Passage. I think it was 90 minutes. :cautious: His response? "Well, you can't come here without riding it." :rolleyes: I agreed to wait in line (because it really is that awesome), but not without a drink. I had another Night Blossom (nonalcoholic) and Dylan tried the Mo'ara Margarita.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5467.jpg

Do not take pictures on my phone and expect them to remain private. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5469.jpg

These drinks are SO sweet. I actually didn't care much for Dylan's drink, but he liked it! At least they helped to pass the time. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_546a.jpg

We were in line in front of a guy who was informing everybody around him of all of the D23 announcements made the day before. Dylan looked at me and said, "I already know about everything he's saying because my fiancé forced me to watch the live broadcast." :rolleyes::hilarious:

Some pictures from the queue...
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_546b.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_546c.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_546d.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_546f.jpg

The queue is nice, but I'm surprised they didn't include any interactive features like they've been doing for other rides. It would definitely help to pass the time, seeing as most guests are waiting an hour or more.

We loved our flight just as much as the first two times we rode. I honestly don't think I'll ever get tired of riding it and Disney is going to have to do great things to top this one. :D As Yia-Yia (@fractal) says, I still give Flight of Passage a 20 out of 10. ;)

The park was now closed, so we slowly made our way to the exit. A few nighttime Pandora pictures as we walked.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5470.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5475.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5473.jpg

Another great day as passholders in the books! :)

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Friday, July 14 cont.

We finished up at our table and went to say hello to the Master. :inlove:
View attachment 218661

I reminded him that the last time we saw each other, we danced together and agreed to not tell Belle. He then pushed Dylan off to the side and leaned it to give me a beastly smooch. :p:inlove:
View attachment 218662

The look of a man who knows he's the third wheel. :hilarious:
View attachment 218663

Still keeping Dylan at a distance. :hilarious:
View attachment 218664

I tore myself away from the Beast so we could get to our last FP+ of the night. The park closed at 10pm, but our FP+ technically didn't expire until 10:15pm. I honestly didn't think anything of it until we walked up at 10:02pm and were turned away by a very un-Disneylike CM. :cautious: I told her we had a FP+ and thought maybe she'd let us through, but she was more concerned about the phone conversation she was having than dealing with us. I wasn't upset about the FP+, I was upset about how she treated us. I was also irritated when I glanced over and noticed a huge group of people being let into the standby line. :mad:

We slowly walked toward the exit and stopped for one last birthday picture before heading out. :)
View attachment 218660

25 feels pretty darn great. :p

I turn 35 on Monday, so I just wanted you to know, that this decade has been amazing. Easily the best decade of my life. You're going to LOVE your late twenties and early thirties!! :inlove::inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom