Trip Report Meet the Floridians

Hello humans! :joyfull:

Most of you know me by now, but for those of you who haven't followed my past TR's (particularly my most recent), I'll do some brief introductions. :) Feel free to check out my past reports (in my signature) if you'd like!

Who: I'm Brittany! I'm 25 and completely Disney obsessed. My better half is Dylan, also 25 and not quite as Disney obsessed. :rolleyes: Prior to meeting me, he had never been to WDW! :eek: It was obviously top priority to remedy that. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5393.jpg

This is our baby, Tink. She also loves Disney. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e7.jpg

We got engaged in Magic Kingdom in June.. my dream come true! :inlove: Though our wedding won't take place in Disney, it will be Disney themed. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5397.jpg

While we were enjoying our time in the World, I accepted a 1st grade teaching position in Osceola County, Florida. Fast forward a month, and we packed up a U-Haul to relocate from Pennsylvania to the Sunshine State! :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53ec.jpg

We currently live 20 minutes from Disney property, and one of our first purchases should come as no surprise. ;) This report will be a collection of our adventures as annual passholders, and I'll update it with a Table of Contents as we go. Now, without further ado...

To all who come to this happy place, welcome! :joyfull:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, August 20 cont.

We shared a Mickey ice cream sandwich and spent some time people watching. :) We then walked toward our next FP+, lingering for a few minutes before our window opened.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_56f5.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_56f6.jpg

A man and his daughter approached us and asked if we had FP+'s, before presenting a paper FP+ for a party of 5. He asked if we wanted to join them, as it was just the two of them riding. The magic of Disney. :) We thanked him and hopped in line! We chatted while we waited, mostly discussing the heat (and how we tolerate it living here ;)).

We were obviously not prepared for the picture this time around. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5734.jpg

We immediately reentered the line, this time scanning our bands to use our FP+. Not gonna complain about back to back discos with the Yeti. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5736.jpg

We had a FP+ for Primeval Whirl after this, so we walked back to Dinoland to use that. Apparently I didn't take any pictures, but we had a fun ride. :)

We debated about what we wanted to do next, and I knew what Dylan was thinking without him even saying it. Next stop, Pandora. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_56f8.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_56f7.jpg

The wait for FOP was posted at 100 minutes, but we only waited a little over an hour. Honestly, grabbing a drink to enjoy through the line makes it go pretty quickly. With the craziness that comes with the beginning of the school year combined with Dylan's work schedule, we haven't had a ton of time to just "be together." This was a welcomed opportunity to do just that. :inlove:

We were sent to the third floor to board our banshees. Somebody was being a little dramatic about the walk. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_56fd.jpg

As always, FOP blew us away and made the wait completely worth it. We're curious to see how the low crowd months impact wait times... that should start taking effect by next week. :)

After our flight, we decided that it was time to head home for the evening. We followed this family from the time we reached the Tree of Life until we got to our cars. The parents walked AT LEAST this far away from the kids the entire time, sometimes putting even more distance between them. The only reason we knew they were together was because the little girl ran up to them a few times, only to then run back to walk with her brother. Not once did the parents even glance back to make sure they were still behind them. There were times that the boy was walking several families behind us completely alone. To make matters worse, this behavior continued into the parking lot. There were buses rushing by, cars, taxis, etc. Not even a glance in their general direction. They even crossed the street without ensuring the kids were safe. I've never seen anything like it, and honestly describing it in writing doesn't even begin to accurately depict just how insane the situation was in real life. Dylan wanted to say something to them, but I wouldn't let him. We just tried to stay close to the kids so we (complete strangers) could make sure they got back to their car safely.

Looking at this picture, you really can't tell who their parents are. I'll give you a hint.. mom is carrying a Disney merchandise bag. The kids weren't walking slowly either.. just at a normal pace.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_56fe.jpg

My heart aches for these kids. I sincerely hope they get more attention on a regular basis than what we saw them getting on this day. :(

Anyway, we made it back to our cars just as the rain started falling... perfect timing to make our way home. :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, August 26

Dylan had the day off, and I obviously don't work on the weekends, so off to MK we went! The Fall decorations were up and I couldn't wait any longer to see them in person! :inlove: These random balloons were floating at the TTC.. Dylan thought the deflated one was hilarious. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5702.jpg

Unfortunately, it started raining as soon as we arrived, so I couldn't really get any nice pictures of the decorations. :( I was all smiles regardless of the rain. :D Dylan told me that it's only August so we have to wait to take a picture with the pumpkins outside of the train station. :cautious:

Today involved a lot of the "road less traveled" attractions, which I guess it one of the many perks of being a local. :) No need to wait in outrageous lines for the headliners! Unless of course that headliner is FOP. ;) First up was the teacups, which I have actually never ridden. :eek: I don't really enjoy spinning rides, so this has never been real high on my list lol. However, it was only a 10 minute wait so today was the day!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5703.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_570a.jpg

I told him not to spin us a lot, which naturally made him spin us as fast as he possibly could. My revenge was to take picture after picture of him. I'll spare you and only post one. ;) I told him I'd stop taking pictures when he stopped spinning us. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_570b.jpg

We then made our way over to Tomorrowland and hopped on the People Mover! We're both starting to really love this ride!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5711.jpg

We walked into Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor, just missing the cut off for the preshow area. :cautious: It ended up being longer of a wait than anticipated.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5712.jpg

I've never really noticed that this was a portal to the monster world.. the doors have always been open and I've walked right in! I'm getting better about taking the time to notice all of the Disney details. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5713.jpg

We had a great show with people who were actually willing to participate (other than Sulley.. he was kind of lame). We we thirsty so stopped to grab something from the Lunching Pad.

We decided to share a frozen blue raspberry Fanta slushy. :) It was really good!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5714.jpg

We passed by two separate circles of CM's playing games with some kids. Something else I've never seen. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5716.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, August 26 cont.

Our first FP+ window was now open, so we made the short walk over to use it! Another first-time attraction for both of us. :) I can't imagine being the CM's working here and having to smell the gasoline all day. :depressed: I like that smell, but not for extended periods of time lol.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5717.jpg

As we were driving along, this little girl (probably 10 or so) drives up next to me and yells "Hurry up woman! I'm gonna beat you!" I was at a loss for words and just stared at her like...? :bored: I turned around and Dylan is cracking up. :hilarious:

I guess this ride is probably fun for kids who can't drive yet, but it's pretty lame lol. Not something we'll feel inclined to ride again. They probably should have done away with it and put the Tron coaster in its spot like the rumors before D23 suggested.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5718.jpg

The sun was finally starting to come out a bit, so we walked back to the hub so I could get at least one picture of the decorations. :p I need him for on my door! So stinkin' cute.
XhXbQLWuT8uq7iD5RbhR6A_thumb_571a.jpg

There was a PhotoPass photographer stationed on the hub grass, so we walked over to take advantage of her as well. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_572f.jpg

She told us to look at each other and Dylan immediately started having engagement shoot flashbacks @sheriffwoody :hilarious:
6lncvyT%Q0+WsvGtfzHtQA_thumb_5730.jpg

Liberty Square looks great in its Fall decor. :inlove: It felt very homey!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_571b.jpg

Next, I introduced Dylan to the Country Bears. He got a kick out of them, though this isn't a show that I regularly include in my plans. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_571e.jpg

When we exited, we found these guys dancing to the Hokey Pokey with whoever wanted to join! We did not join. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5720.jpg

We changed directions and walked back toward Fantasyland. This is still one of my favorite areas in MK. :joyfull:
Lpm18zANQmOOEUh15W%0PQ_thumb_5722.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster

We watched Philharmagic because we needed a break from the heat. :cool: I always enjoy this show if for no other reason but to sing along with some of the best Disney songs there are. :joyfull: After the show I wanted a snack, so back toward the hub we went.
jPjW4Ha6SnmRIfDvLaB46g_thumb_5724.jpg

8l1dl6FbS6ezCMnqnV4siQ_thumb_5725.jpg

Love this view of the castle. :inlove:
smuv4r+rScmPxKRVqwtLsg_thumb_5726.jpg

We finally made it over to Adventureland! When we passed under the sign, we noticed a man lying on the ground with his head in his daughter's(?) lap, as well as Disney security and his family standing around him. His nose/face were bloody and he looked completely dazed. :eek: They ended up bringing a stretcher over and were treating him right there in the middle of the walkway. We left the area before they were finished so I'm not sure what ended up happening. It was very strange.

Anyway, the reason for our trek to the land of adventure! We each went with a Citrus Swirl. :hungry:
Ogbi3SM0QA2tVIVslwsUXA_thumb_5727.jpg

And what better place to enjoy a Citrus Swirl than in a Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room? :rolleyes: Another first for Dylan!
7+E2hjd8RA6xDzE0yAb9cA_thumb_5729.jpg

wSWTGbKARCOhnbckxswsgw_thumb_572a.jpg

When we exited, it was POURING. We had one last FP+ to use and rather than just saying "forget it" and leaving, we made the long, wet walk to Tomorrowland. :p I had an umbrella and offered Dylan a poncho from my bag, but he said "it's not that bad. I'll be fine." Spoiler alert: he was not fine. He got absolutely SOAKED.. to the point that he was ringing out his shirt. :hilarious:

The AC inside of Space Mountain did not feel real great in his opinion. ;) You can tell just how wet he got in our ride picture.. he also wasn't really into the ride picture for that reason. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5733.jpg

It was still raining pretty steadily when we exited, so he accepted a poncho and we made our way out. I'm glad we left when we did, because the lines for the monorails got pretty out of control as we were boarding. We were happy to get home and changed into dry clothes before a relaxing evening with Tink. :inlove:

joshsprincess921

Sunday, August 20 cont.

We shared a Mickey ice cream sandwich and spent some time people watching. :) We then walked toward our next FP+, lingering for a few minutes before our window opened.
View attachment 225473

View attachment 225474

A man and his daughter approached us and asked if we had FP+'s, before presenting a paper FP+ for a party of 5. He asked if we wanted to join them, as it was just the two of them riding. The magic of Disney. :) We thanked him and hopped in line! We chatted while we waited, mostly discussing the heat (and how we tolerate it living here ;)).

We were obviously not prepared for the picture this time around. :rolleyes:
View attachment 225471

We immediately reentered the line, this time scanning our bands to use our FP+. Not gonna complain about back to back discos with the Yeti. :p
View attachment 225472

We had a FP+ for Primeval Whirl after this, so we walked back to Dinoland to use that. Apparently I didn't take any pictures, but we had a fun ride. :)

We debated about what we wanted to do next, and I knew what Dylan was thinking without him even saying it. Next stop, Pandora. :rolleyes:
View attachment 225468

View attachment 225467

The wait for FOP was posted at 100 minutes, but we only waited a little over an hour. Honestly, grabbing a drink to enjoy through the line makes it go pretty quickly. With the craziness that comes with the beginning of the school year combined with Dylan's work schedule, we haven't had a ton of time to just "be together." This was a welcomed opportunity to do just that. :inlove:

We were sent to the third floor to board our banshees. Somebody was being a little dramatic about the walk. :rolleyes:
View attachment 225469

As always, FOP blew us away and made the wait completely worth it. We're curious to see how the low crowd months impact wait times... that should start taking effect by next week. :)

After our flight, we decided that it was time to head home for the evening. We followed this family from the time we reached the Tree of Life until we got to our cars. The parents walked AT LEAST this far away from the kids the entire time, sometimes putting even more distance between them. The only reason we knew they were together was because the little girl ran up to them a few times, only to then run back to walk with her brother. Not once did the parents even glance back to make sure they were still behind them. There were times that the boy was walking several families behind us completely alone. To make matters worse, this behavior continued into the parking lot. There were buses rushing by, cars, taxis, etc. Not even a glance in their general direction. They even crossed the street without ensuring the kids were safe. I've never seen anything like it, and honestly describing it in writing doesn't even begin to accurately depict just how insane the situation was in real life. Dylan wanted to say something to them, but I wouldn't let him. We just tried to stay close to the kids so we (complete strangers) could make sure they got back to their car safely.

Looking at this picture, you really can't tell who their parents are. I'll give you a hint.. mom is carrying a Disney merchandise bag. The kids weren't walking slowly either.. just at a normal pace.
View attachment 225470

My heart aches for these kids. I sincerely hope they get more attention on a regular basis than what we saw them getting on this day. :(

Anyway, we made it back to our cars just as the rain started falling... perfect timing to make our way home. :)

That makes me so sad. As a mother, I couldn't imagine. I'm probably borderline over protective, so this I can't fathom!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

Jeebus. :jawdrop:

As we were driving along, this little girl (probably 10 or so) drives up next to me and yells "Hurry up woman! I'm gonna beat you!" I was at a loss for words and just stared at her like...? :bored: I turned around and Dylan is cracking up. :hilarious:

This cracked me up, too. Who knows, it may have been the biggest thrill of her day, challenging you like that! :hilarious:

blreinsel

Original Poster
I love following along with your ongoing adventures! Thanks for including all of us!

Thanks for following along! :)

The nachos are amazing. We ate them several times on our last trip!

Such an awesome snack/meal! :hungry:

That makes me so sad. As a mother, I couldn't imagine. I'm probably borderline over protective, so this I can't fathom!

That citrus swirl looks soooo goood!

I don't think that watching to make sure your kids don't get kidnapped or smashed by a bus makes you overprotective. I think it makes you a human being in charge of the well being of younger human beings, whether they're you're own kids or not! :cautious:

The citrus swirl was delish! The perfect afternoon snack. :)

Jeebus. :jawdrop:

This cracked me up, too. Who knows, it may have been the biggest thrill of her day, challenging you like that! :hilarious:

I feel bad for the poor babies. :( I hope the behavior we witnessed isn't the norm.

That little girl, on the other hand, was hilarious. :hilarious: I pulled back ahead of her a little later and smiled at her as I did.. she gave me a sly smile in return. :p

I never knew that about Monster's Inc. doors! Love the fall MK pics.

Now that I noticed it, I can't believe that it took me this long! Lol. How many other details have I missed over the years?? Fall looks great on MK. :inlove:

Just loving this ongoing trip report!!!! Look forward to more.

Thank you! More to come this weekend. :joyfull:

riverside

I've loved reading your past trip reports but I'm really enjoying seeing you going to Disney in the blink of an eye. That is so cool!! I see that you're from Clarion(I live in Pittsburgh--not too far). To think that you live as close to Disney World as I do to Kennywood is crazy! I go to Kennywood once a year but I go to Disney about 4-5 times a year. ("Hey Kennywood you're doing something wrong here:eek:" ) Congratulations on your engagement(loved your photos) & your new job!! I'll be down there a few more times this year & I'll be keeping an eye out for you. It would be nice to run into another PA girl there!!

riverside

Our first FP+ window was now open, so we made the short walk over to use it! Another first-time attraction for both of us. :) I can't imagine being the CM's working here and having to smell the gasoline all day. :depressed: I like that smell, but not for extended periods of time lol.
View attachment 225497
Yeah...I'm not a fan of the gasoline smell at all..

I guess this ride is probably fun for kids who can't drive yet, but it's pretty lame lol. Not something we'll feel inclined to ride again. They probably should have done away with it and put the Tron coaster in its spot like the rumors before D23 suggested.
View attachment 225498

The sun was finally starting to come out a bit, so we walked back to the hub so I could get at least one picture of the decorations. :p I need him for on my door! So stinkin' cute.
View attachment 225500

There was a PhotoPass photographer stationed on the hub grass, so we walked over to take advantage of her as well. :)
View attachment 225496

She told us to look at each other and Dylan immediately started having engagement shoot flashbacks @sheriffwoody :hilarious:
View attachment 225492

Liberty Square looks great in its Fall decor. :inlove: It felt very homey!
View attachment 225494

Next, I introduced Dylan to the Country Bears. He got a kick out of them, though this isn't a show that I regularly include in my plans. :rolleyes:
View attachment 225495

When we exited, we found these guys dancing to the Hokey Pokey with whoever wanted to join! We did not join. :p
View attachment 225499

We changed directions and walked back toward Fantasyland. This is still one of my favorite areas in MK. :joyfull:
View attachment 225493

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

Gurt

I could just eat a citrus swirl right now, I could also do with living round the corner from Disney too but I guess im not getting either anytime soon hahaha.

Songbird76

Thank you! It's been a bit of a rough start, but we're getting there lol.

I totally hear ya! I use the weekends to try and get caught up on TRs, but it seems like there's always tons of other stuff I have to catch up on over the weekends, too. :rolleyes:

Our engagement session was SO special. It's still so crazy to me that I joined this forum to feed my hunger for Disney and ended up making some great friends along with it! :)

It really is amazing to be able to go to Disney whenever I feel like it. Got a craving for a certain snack? No problem! Lol.

Dylan is loving working for the Mouse! CM's get some pretty great perks so we're looking forward to taking advantage of those in the coming months. :D

The beginning of the year is ROUGH... Lol. I have some really tough behaviors to manage, so that's taken a lot out of me. I'm looking forward to finally getting in a groove and starting to see things running like clockwork, though I know that won't happen for a few months yet. :p I hope your year is off to a great start! Maybe we'll catch up on sleep after we retire. ;)

I got to see the Fall decorations for the first time today! :inlove: I have a few trips to catch up on... hoping to get them written up tomorrow!
Good thing Disney's right there so you can unwind after the beginning of the school year stress. I wish we had that!! Our first week was rough, particularly for DS. It would be so nice to just hop over to Disney. We had to settle for Wunderland Kalkar. Not bad, but it's no Disney!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom